Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. becci
    Started by becci,

    Does anyone know what drug testing they do in North Yorkshire Police? Stupid question I know but I've heard some say Hair some say urine?????

  2. movinon
    Started by movinon,

    :bye My application is in, Can anyone tell me what the shift pattern is?

    • 2 replies
    • 872 views
  3. FrankSerpico
    Started by FrankSerpico,

    Just a quick query really. I and several others are expected to get a start date of mid Nov 09 and I was wondering when you are likely to get the nod through the post? I assume its different for different forces but is there a general rule of thumb?

    • 2 replies
    • 504 views
  4. JamieF1546620558
    Started by JamieF1546620558 * ,

    Hi there , this is my first post on this form which i hope will be useful to myself. Im now 20 years of Age and seriously considering joining the Policeforce namely Tayside. When i turned 17 i joined Strathclyde Police as a Cadet which i did thoroughly enjoy dont get me wrong , but i moved from home from the first time and found it hard to settle into a New and bigger city (Glasgow) as i come from Perth. I left Due too the pressures of Home sickness , stupid i know and i regret this, Sinse then i have had a few jobs which i never settled into as i still have a very strong passion to join the police force but didnt feel Mature to take that step. Three years down the li…

    • 4 replies
    • 585 views
  5. mancuser
    Started by mancuser,

    Hello Does anybody know when GMP will be recruiting next? Also, has anybody else here applied from Lancs (Western area)? Just wondered what they thought of the commute and so on.. Thanks

  6. Lennon303
    Started by Lennon303,

    Just waiting for my medical for Essex police is anyone else? Been waiting since early July for a phone call.

  7. whiteline
    Started by whiteline,

    Hi folks, I applied 10 years ago for Central Scotland. Failed on Dictation and Letter writing. Can someone give some advice on what is assessed? Dictation, are they looking for you to have the full passage completed. OR Are they looking for what you have done to have correct spelling and grammar but not necessarily needing to have the full passage written down. Letter, is it the lay out of the letter they are looking at or the content. On my assessment day, we were to make a decision and inform the person. Thanks for any help

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  8. Crouchie101
    Started by Crouchie101,

    Hi All Anybody else going for this most recent campaign? Missed out last time despite hitting over 55%

  9. KatieMurphy
    Started by KatieMurphy * ,

    Has anybody heard how they got on in the recent Norfolk assessment's been two weeks now since the results were meant to be coming out. is no news good news???

    • 0 replies
    • 246 views
  10. Blade3113
    Started by Blade3113,

    Hi all, First post, so hello to everyone.I am currently preparing to apply to join Northen Constabulary up here in not so sunny Scotland.Pretty much been my dream all my life but have a major concern in that I slipped a disc in my back(actually being pedantic I herniated a disc in my back-there is no such thing as a slipped disc I believe) playing rugby eight years ago.I have never had surgery,taken a day off work through it and am not undergoing any further treatment.I regularly play football and other sports and suffer almost no pain or adverse effects from it.I know I am physically capable of being in the police,but can anyone advise whether my dream is over be…

  11. jimmyb21
    Started by jimmyb21 * ,

    This is my first post, so a big 'hello' to everyone!! I'm currently a PCSO working at Wigan (Greater Manchester Police), and have recently passed the application stage of the process after two failed applications!! I haven't been given a date for assessment centre yet, as GMP have run out of money and can't put anyone through to assessment centre until April. I want to get as much experience as possible, and be as prepared as I possibly can.....so, can anyone recommend a good book that would help me to prepare for assessment centre, etc.?? Also, I'm looking for some interactive exercises, e.g. a dvd with examples of exercises to help me prepare for the PIRT?? Does suc…

  12. itzdj
    Started by itzdj,

    Hi, I was wondering if anyone had recently completed the assesment day for West Midlands Police. I've had my feedback and I passed!! Now I really want everything else to go through quickly... but I know it won't. So this topic is for all those who have recently passed the AC and are now waiting for clearnce. DJ

  13. bonnieballoo
    Started by bonnieballoo * ,

    Hi Have seen civilian job advertised which really want to apply for. Question is my husband was convicted and fined £7!! of stealing 1 paving slab (still says it was given to him) 40 years ago. I only met him 15 years ago. Will his criminal record prove a problem in vetting process. Thanks

  14. mack
    Started by mack,

    I recently fractured my scapula (shoulder blade) and partly dislocated the ac joint too in a car crash. My medical has been cancelled for later this year and after the hospital sign me off, I have to contact police occ health. Does have these injuries mean I will now be turned down from the force?

    • 0 replies
    • 369 views
  15. MissPerkins
    Started by MissPerkins,

    Hey guys,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> I was thinking back the other day to how much preparation I did for my day 1 and tips that I got along the way and thought I’d be nice and share. Even before I had received an invite to a day 1 assessment with the Met I had begun to read up on how the national police recruitment process worked. I brought 3 books which I read cover to cover and practiced the maths, verbal reasoning, written exams, interview questions and role plays with begrudged friends and family. · How to Pass the New Police Selection System: Practice for the Psychometric Tests and Succeed at…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.