Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hello all. Quick question, What do new student officers do for accommodation when they move to Essex? Rent? House share? OR even buy?! Your comments would be much appreciated Thanks Borderbobby
-
- 2 replies
- 365 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have been renting a room in a friend's flat for the past year and assumed my rent included council tax but my friend told me the other night that I am not declared and as there has been no request to get me on the electoral register I am worried sick that this will cause a problem when it comes to vetting-can anyone offer me any advice?
-
They're doing my head in! Have my fitness end of October and I'm so nervous! Feel like my legs will turn to jelly on the day!! Any advice on nerves?
-
Hi, I'm new to this forum, only just signed up, but I've been Reading posts on here for some time now. Excellent site for information and seems to have a very friendly community. Basically I've got a few questions which relate to me personally, so thought I'd ask on here. I've passed my assesment day with WMP, and have sent back my forms for my background check to begin. Y only concern with this is that I'm currently paying a secured personal loan with my bank. I took out the loan 2 years ago and still have 3 years left to pay. It's just over 10,000 left. I'm worried sick that I'll be rejected because of this. I haven't missed any payments and I'm currently in a well pa…
-
Hi All, i passed my fitness test in August and am now awaiting the medical and Kidlington. Does anyone have any ideas how long it takes to get a date for the medical? Thanks in advance
-
Guys and gals, I have gone through a few pages and I can not find the answer I am looking for, so I hope someone can help me out. I have a download of the bleep test where level 5.4 is reached in about 3.30minutes. However, my gym use a 15 meter bleep test where level 1 and 2 go up to about 10 shuttles, level 3 and 4 up to 11 shuttles and so on. Can someone please confirm which bleep test I should be practicing with? Plus, is it one foot over the line before the beep or is it both? I can manage the download I have, but this other test is tougher for me so clarification would be helpful. My test is next Monday and I want to be prepared! Many thanks **** Okay, scrap …
-
Evening all!! Start training with West Midlands in a couple of weeks. I've been posted for training at the stourbridge unit. Its only about half hours drive for me and was just wondering if anyone can suggest any parking areas?? I presume the station does not have many spaces?? Cheers for any info
-
I applied to enter Surrey police in 2001, but failed on the assessment centre, I'm about to reapply, but the application form asked for the exact date of my previous assessment centre. My problem is that I don't know the date. I phoned recruitment who seemed unsure of what I should do, so I thought I'd ask the good people on this board. Should I a. Put in an approximate date b. Come clean and admit i can't remember c. not mention my previous application and hope they won't notice as it was with a different force over 8 years ago? or even d. something that I haven't thought of. Thanks for your help
-
In the online application for the specials it has a section for conduct declaration. I suspect the following will apply to a regular police application as well. I quote, "For example, we want to know if you have ever received an on the spot fine from a transport official, or a number of parking tickets or fines concerning tax discs. In short, declare any contact whatsoever with regulatory bodies." Does this mean I need to detail every parking ticket I have had. Over the last 11 years of driving I have had a few tickets for over-running the meter. I am sure that these can not be considered serious and affect my application however if I am supposed to declare them and I …
-
Such confusion! I'm a met PCSO and i soon i will be putting in my papers for PC, however im stuck as to where i want to go.. Stay in the MET and do everything ive pretty much been involved with.. or go to the BTP and try new ground altogether? I'm partial to both so i thought id leave it up to probationers and veterans to give me an idea of who's better and why! HELP PLEASE Shane
-
I have written my appeal and got character references.....my problem is that I feel like its fair enough me saying how sorry I am and that it will never happen again and that I have learnt from a mistake from 5 years ago...BUT how are they expected to believe this. Its impossible for me to put proof into the appeal. My appeal is actually heartfelt, i have written it as I feel. Basically is there anything else it seems I can put in......its also short (about a page) I have seen posts of people writing 14 pages, but as i know the reason, i dont think i need to run through other topics as the 'd n d' is the only problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have looked…
-
I know the reason why action is slow is because theres a recession on, but has anyone heard from "the people in the know" if any forces are planning on recruiting PC's or PCSO's soon? The reason why i've put this topic on is we all know the police could you site isn't always reliable, and sometimes doesn't put on the short windows. I'am thinking we all could put updates on here from all the individual police websites, because am sure theres atleast one person eagerly watching their local police website in every county!. So lets share with everyone what infomation is circulating, so we can give people hope!
-
- 14 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey everyone, well i recieved a letter saying that i have failed my application. The letter does not state why i have failed at this vetting stage. does anyone have the contact number of the GMP vetting centre or anything to do with vetting where i can find information on whether it is me or a family member. I have no criminal records not even a caution. i went to university at salford and studied criminology and sociology. i feel that ive had my whole life torn in two. A swift response would be ever greatful regards James
-
I currently live in wiltshire but i have applied for Gwent police in wales (about 60 miles away). I didn't realise that if you lived a certain distance you could not apply. The thing is if i got the job i would be prepared to move there anyway. Would they take this into consideration or would i be rejected straight away?
-
well i was coming back from the police station in my area after dropping off a app for PCSO when quite ironically i was flashed by a speed camera van doing 35 in a 30 (i was too busy singing on the radio to notice i had sped up going downhill- idiot) anyway this was the 22/9/09. i am now applying for Gwent police and was wondering if there is any point due to this stupid mistake i made only a few weeks ago? any advice would be appreciated thanks! oh i forgot to say i know they got me because i got a letter through two days ago with a form i had to send back. I'm hoping they will offer me the speed awareness course because i only passed in january and another 3 points …