Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. al123
    Started by al123,

    hi,i passed all the assessment centre with good marks but i recieved a `d grade in respect for race and diversity.i do not know where when or why i have recieved this and was wondering whether anyone knew if i contacted them would they tell me what ive said or done?

  2. G4rry
    Started by G4rry,

    Couple of questions, do you just show up at the training centre in running gear/tracksuit? Is there shower facilities for after the run? Are you expected to bring your own stationary for the SET's? Thanks to anyone who could answer these. :)

    • 1 reply
    • 437 views
    holS1546620519
  3. agent29
    Started by agent29,

    Anyone starting with Essex on 2nd Nov? I think I will be staying in Police accommodation too so be good to know if anyone else is doing the same?

    • 0 replies
    • 348 views
  4. DBRacingGod
    Started by DBRacingGod,

    Question for you. I'm up for my paper-sift currently (so there's every good chance I won't even make the starting line, thus rendering this enquiry pointless, but - myeh) and I'd really like to hear from anyone with an insight into the various forces' attitude in "internal metal work". Let me explain: In 2007 I gave myself a good wallop during a motorcycle race and ended up, amongst other things, with about eight-inches of metal plate pinning my upper left arm together. After some reasonably rigorous exercise I'm back to decent fitness - and can comfortably bash out 40-50 push-ups a time. I've seen the guidance on the couldyou? site and understand that their decision c…

    • 9 replies
    • 429 views
  5. sideysid
    Started by sideysid,

    Hi guys, Im currently doing the PLC course (which is a entry requirement for Surrey) and last week they announced that they were recruiting for the new year (a/c in november). This was a bit of a surprise, as I didnt think theyd be recruiting until after our course finishes in Jan, so have had to send off my app this week. However I originally applied for City of London five months ago at which I failed the paper sift. I thought this wouldnt be a problem for applying to Surrey after my course but this application date has put spanner in the works. Will my application get binned as its not quite 6 months ago since my last app? If this is the case, will I now have to wai…

    • 4 replies
    • 751 views
  6. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    i have been searching on amazon for a mock test pirt paper but cant find anything, can anyone point me in the direction to look? im mainly worried about the maths side to the test, anything to help there would be brilliant. but also, a full mock test type thing would be brilliant.

  7. Ben24
    Started by Ben24 * ,

    Hi all Im new on this site. But was just wondering if anyone has any helpful tips for the final board interview. I passed the A/C in wymondham in august and I am so happy. Its an amazing feeling when you open that envolope! I still havern't heard of when i might have the final interview but I do have my fingers crossed as to it being soon. Cheers all

    • 0 replies
    • 206 views
  8. hibee1546620559
    Started by hibee1546620559,

    Hi everyone, I'm a new member on the site. I was wondering if anyone can shine some light on the Assessment day procedure? - I have searched many different posts. It seems in England, the set up is quite different and any posts relating to the day in Scotland simply discuss the theoretical/exam tests. On Fife Police website it advises: Assessment Day During the assessment day you will be required to take part in various exercises and a physical fitness exercise. These exercises are to test whether you possess the following skills and attributes required for a Police Officer: * Communication Skills * Self Motivation * Interpersonal Skills * Decision…

    • 3 replies
    • 199 views
    Scotia1546081133
  9. hotel14
    Started by hotel14,

    Hi, can anyone tell me if you apply to the MOD Police and fail at application or Assessment, do you have to wait 6 months to apply to a Home Office force? You have to wait 6 months to apply to MOD again, but with them being governed by different bodies I wondered how this works. Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 357 views
  10. S/Sgt
    Started by S/Sgt,

    Just completing my application for West Midlands Police, it asks for how many days off for sickness from school, college and work. I have just left college and going to university however, in college i dislocated my shoulder which required surgery therefore I was off college for around 35 days altogether. Now I don't know whether to put that down because the number is so high and the fact the dislocating my shoulder and recovering from surgery was not actually a sickness. Hope you can help.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. poogirl
    Started by poogirl,

    well i know that if you fail your fitness test you can retake it three times, but what if you fail your medical or even drug test? obviously i know you will get rejected, but would you be able to apply again elsewhere? or would that be the end of you being able to apply for good? just curious that if you fail medical/drug test would the force you are applying to disclose it to any other forces in the uk?

  12. poogirl
    Started by poogirl,

    Try to remember an occasion when you have had to tell a person or a group something that they might find upsetting. It should be a time when you had to think carefully about what you said or how you said it.You are being assessed in this question on how you delivered the message. You are also being assessed on how you changed what you might usually say in such a situation for the benefit of the individual(s) involved. Ok so can i write about a time at work when i had to tell a colleague they had BO? it would be a good example but i don't want the people reading my app to think I'm harsh for bringing it up in the first place. It was really bad though, to the point where …

  13. EKMSC
    Started by EKMSC,

    Just tried to speak to my RO, who is away till next week. Apparently they have been given a new directive that no more references are to be sent for!! I had day 2 back in bloody june! arrgghhhghghghghghg lol

  14. rybeck
    Started by rybeck * ,

    About 4 years ago I resigned from a *certain* eastern force. I was however under investigation at the time for a disciplinary matter. Would it be worth my while even going through the process to rejoin? I am looking at the Met as a possibility. Would I be automatically refused entry, or would they consider things on a case to case basis. Would be good to hear from anyone with knowledge or experience of a similar situation!

    • 4 replies
    • 724 views
  15. LeicsPolSC
    Started by LeicsPolSC,

    In order to obtain a Police or Police Community Support Officer application pack you must first fulfil non negotiable minimum criteria: - 18 yrs old (no upper age limit) - Have a full manual driving licence - No cautions or convictions within last 5 years - No Drink drive conviction within the last 10 years - UK resident for past 3 yrs with permanent, unrestricted leave to stay - No application outstanding with another UK force - Six months must have elapsed before re-applying - No existing County Court Judgements (debt payment enforcement order) - Not be a currently registered bankrupt - Thereafter they must attend a seminar and pass a sixteen question suitabi…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.