Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi everybody As you can see I am new to the site, and think it can help with ma worry to be honest. A week today, i went to my Day 1 assessment for the DDO role, for the Met police. Anyway we were told that we would know about the results sometime this week, due to normally the process taking 2 weeks, but the Day 2 starts next week as some of us were told. Its now Friday and I still havent received any news about whether i passed Day 1 or failed, I just want to know really. Did anybody else go to the assessment last week?
-
Hi, I am starting with Fife Constabulary on October 19th. Just passed final medical yesterday and got all my info etc! Starting to feel a lot more real now and can't wait to get started! If anyone else is starting at Fife - say hello :+) Rosie x x
-
Anyone out there got their A.C coming up for Cleveland. Mine is 1st of Feb.:sweatingbullets: Hows your prep going. Would be good to hear from anyone. Maybe we could support each other through it. Anyone who has already done A.C for Cleveland got any suggestions specific to Cleveland Cheers
-
- 114 replies
- 8.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I've been on here a few months ago, let me remind you all of my situation. I applied in September 2007, was successful in December 2007, passed my Assessment Centre in April 2008, background checks first went in in September 2008.....................and I've still not had my medical or physical! Basically, at around March 2009, my regular contact at Recruitment told me that my application was now no longer with them, and was now with the vetting unit, and I should expect my medical soon. Firstly I got a letter asking me for clarification over being sacked in a previous job (even though I would have thought this would be covered in the Employment checks!…
-
I am 21 years old. am currently out of work and was out of work before the recession kicked in. I have worked previously. Would this look bad on app. Also, I am 21 years old do you think being young makes entering the force more difficult? how many people of my age do you know who are full time police officers? advice please
-
Got my assessment day 1 for the Met Police a week today!! Really kind of jst dawned on me now it's getting so close and it's fair to say I'm bricking it! Really nervous! I'm not too fearful of the exams or written exercises, just the dreaded interview and role plays. I understand for obvious reasons too much can't be given away but is the interview literally just 4 questions related to competencies and no "Why do you want to join the police?" etc. And are the questions similar to the competency questions from the application form? Trouble is I'm only 21 so don't have an awful amount of life experience, it was hard enough finding examples for the application form. Again…
-
- 19 replies
- 847 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Did anyone attend the MET day 2 assesment on 2nd of July if so have you received a start date or heard if your background check has been completed?
-
Hi folks. I am considering applying for the Police again. Current job feels like groundhog day and need a change. I applied for Central ten years ago and passed the Entrance exam but failed on the Assessment day. I called up to find out what areas I failed on and got told it was on the Letter writing and Dictation. If I was to apply again could anyone shed some light on what is expected in these areas, if they are still assessed. Letter Writing, was to write a letter to a childs parents regarding their eligibility to attend a youth club trip (you being the youth club leader). Explaining that they could/not come and it was based on comments made by your own kids that …
-
Hello, I have already recieved some replies but would like to ask if anyone here has had a vetting interview or knows much about it. I have passed everything else and just have this to pass, is it very strict? I will be dressing smart as i would like to make a good impression as always. Is this something that could take hours? Or is it just a informal chat? Any help would be fantastic. Thank you
-
Dear all, I am interested in joining the Police service as a Constable. I do not have any contact with my family due to them not being very supportive. Does anyone think this would have an effect on me joining the Police Service? G
-
Hi all. I was offered a position as pcso today from GMP as I reached 50% in the Police assessment. I have call back tomorrow to confirm whether I accept this- Still have to do an interview and vetting checks. My worry is this I have live around nearly 30 miles away from Manchester, so traveling expenses would be quite a bit. Another worry is I wanted to really be a Police officer and I was hoping to transfer my GMP application to Lancashire police in March if they recruiting as they currently accept 50% pass mark for the assessment centre. Is it possible to accept this role but still transfer my results to Lancashire if recruiting in the next 12 months? Any advice g…
-
The police recruit fitness test in the UK is far too easy in my view! Push and pull 34 and 35 KGS, run level 5.4 on the bleep test. It should be a far more sterner test. I also think that officers should be given a re-test every 2 years to ensure they don't get in the job then eat themselves into a Chief Wiggam. Does anyone else agree?
-
Hi all, First post, after browsing the forum for a while. I'm very keen to apply to TVP/Hampshire when they re-open their recruitment (hopefully some time soon- they had a massive response this year, so fear it might be a while!). Anyhow, ill cut to the point, I've taken a look at the eyesight requirements and know i don't meet them. In fact, i'm a long way off! Having read all of the other material, i think i could put together a strong application.... but wondered whether i sould have my eyes lasered before applying/reaching the medical, or after. I can see the benefits of both: 1)Do it before hand: appears positive, prepared, aware of the requirements and commit…
-
Hey, I'm due to take the fitness test on 01/10 for Police recruit. I first applied in April 2007 and looks like may be starting training in November. Fingers and toes crossed. Anyone out there attending too?
-
Hi everyone, Firstly apoligies for my first ever post being slightly negative and majorly panicked. I have read this forum with great interest but have not yet posted or introduced myself properly. I will, however this evening I am in a bit of a panic regarding my Day 2 tomorrow. I have had just under 2 weeks notice for my fitness/medical which is due to take place tomorrow, i sent back the acceptance form on time etc and have been nervous yet excited about Day 2. I have had a few problems getting an appointment with my doctor to sign my medical history questionaire but was reassured to receive an appointment this evening and being informed by my doctor last week that…
-
- 7 replies
- 413 views
- 1 follower
-