Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jacky_032001
    Started by jacky_032001,

    hi all, just thought i would start a new thread concentrating on west mildlands fitness test as it seems to be the only force that has the circuit as their test, all other forces have the bleep test..... would really appreciate any advice and information from anyone who has completed the west mids fitness test? whats the best way to prepare? how difficult is it? anything in particular i should focus on whilst training?

    • 11 replies
    • 509 views
  2. Natalie87
    Started by Natalie87,

    Hi, I'm having a bit of a dilemma at the moment. At some point around Summer next year, I'll be sending my application in for the police. However, I cannot decide which of the two forces nearest to me to apply for (pending both are recruiting when I apply). I currently stay on the boundary between Strathclyde Police and Central Police, and for a while I had intended on applying to Strathclyde. However, my partner is applying to Central, and I am slightly concerned about where we will be placed if - fingers crossed! - we both got into our respective forces. If we were to be stationed at radically different areas of the country, it would be difficult to find a middle grou…

    • 3 replies
    • 445 views
  3. urbanjedi
    Started by urbanjedi,

    For the information of all fellow Met officers, I have cunningly ascertained that unsung Met contractor R.Duggan, who visits the filthiest venues in the MPD (i.e the gents bogs) will be attending my local toilet on 14th October to service the cistern batteries. I for one am looking forward to seeking him out, posing for a souvenir photo with, finding out what the 'R' stands for, and nominating him for an ACs commendation. My question is, does anyone know who IS R.Duggan??????

    • 0 replies
    • 302 views
  4. Tiger1545925605
    Started by Tiger1545925605,

    Hi everyone, On the hot topic of vetting I was was wondering how long it took individuals to pass through vetting? I've heard that some people fly through and clear in 4 weeks and some people take much longer. How long did it take you? Would be good to see Thanks!!

    • 2 replies
    • 471 views
  5. popeye doyle
    Started by popeye doyle,

    Evening all. I have a uniform fitting next week with West Midlands. I've been told that i will take a fair bit of kit home with me on the day. Was just wondering if anyone knows if i'll get some sort of kit bag with the uniform so i can throw all the stuff in??? Would appreciate any replys Popeye

    • 7 replies
    • 726 views
  6. jz101
    Started by jz101,

    Hi, Can anyone provide me with any information on how I would go about transferring my Essex police A/C score to the met. I achieved a high enough pass mark to be eligible for both forces. The problem is I have just been told I may be waiting a long, long time to start with Essex, due to budgets. Anything upto march 2013. Already been waiting over a year now. It would make no difference location wise as I live on the border of London and Essex. Anyone else looking to do the same or anyone who has taken this route into the police? Do I need to wait until the met opens up recruitment again? Any help would be great! Cheers JZ101

    • 1 reply
    • 866 views
  7. kieranstoke
    Started by kieranstoke,

    hi everyone can anyone who has done west mids medical just tell me what you have to do at the medical e.g. is the eyetest done using a snellens chart? etc and what happens during the test like blood pressure etc etc. any info would be helpful! :) thanks Kieran

    • 0 replies
    • 142 views
  8. sampierce55
    Started by sampierce55,

    Report You are the customer services officer for a fictitious retail centre. Your Manager has received a request from the local council Anti Truancy Group who wish to patrol the centre in groups of 6 people for five day period next month. During their request the Anti Truancy Group has raised concerns that school children from the local area are congregating at the retail centre during school hours. CCTV cameras have confirmed these reports. Local police have also confirmed in a recent report that anti social behaviour in the area of the retail centre has increased by 15% in the last four weeks alone. You are to create report for your manager that details your …

  9. Jamila
    Started by Jamila,

    Hi All, I'm new to the forum and would greatly appreciate any advice as my hands are tied! I applied for the position of Police Constable Dec 2008. I passed Day 1, 2 and medical. Vetting forms went off in May and then was contacted in July to say that they would have to start them again due to a mistake they had made. Was informed yesterday that I was rejected by vetting and that the reason couldn't be disclosed. I was directed towards the appeals form but have no idea on what grounds I can appeal! I am 22 and have just done a 4year forensics degree and now know this is the career I want. I have never been in any trouble not even a traffic offence. I d…

  10. Tiger1545925605
    Started by Tiger1545925605,

    Hi all, Wondering if someone could help me out on a specific question that needs answering on the Security Questionnaire form: The question is: Criminal Convictions: Have you ever been convicted or found guilty by a Court of any offence in any country (excluding parking but including all motoring offences even where a spot fine has been administered by the Police). Now my question here is - and sorry if this sounds naive... should I say yes to this if I had had 3 points on my licence for speeding 13 years ago? I was stopped by the Police and given the fine. I just want to be 100% clear on this? I feel like a criminal saying yes to this as that's all I've ever had …

  11. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    do they cover each eye and ask you to read the snellen chart? or do they just ask you to read it etc, any help? thanks p.s. if you do get eye surgery done, how long before you can actually start training, is there a waiting period, even though it heals within a few weeks?

  12. NatalieJean
    Started by NatalieJean * ,

    Hi everyone, my name is Natalie. I have just turned 21, and have been thinking about joining the police force since I was young. Now I have finally decided this is what I would like to do. However, I did terrible at school (only because I did not try, being a kid that did not care at that time!) Will my GCSE's affect my application? Also I am a smoker (I will definitely try and quit if I apply for the police force) My eye sight isnt great either.. I have a stigmatism. Obviously if I fail because of this I will consider eye laser surgery! I live in Essex, so obviously I want to join the Essex police force. How do I apply? There are so many websites?! Am I best off goi…

    • 3 replies
    • 471 views
  13. shahzadh
    Started by shahzadh,

    Just Wanted to know that let say someone passes every thing in the test and goes to traning what happen in the training because im not the toughest in the world and im beiginning to do excersies to build my musles and stuff do you tought how to take some down becuase im keen on doing that thanks

  14. Titanium
    Started by Titanium,

    Today (10.10.2008) is the deadline for submitting the application forms. I wonder if anyone who reads the forum has actually applied. It would be nice to anticipate together.

  15. Universally_Challenged
    Started by Universally_Challenged,

    Hello to all! Does anyone know when North Wales Police is recruiting next? I've heard that they are now, but the website says otherwise. I've tried to contact the rec. dept. but to no avail. Thank you!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.