Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. lmac1234
    Started by lmac1234,

    I no this is a bit of a personel question but would anybody mind sharing what the wage works out at after tax, pension, union fees, ext while going through tully. My house mate is moving out and im trying to work out if i can afford to live on my own. Mant thanks!

    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
    tubbymonster1545925594
  2. laura kirwan
    Started by laura kirwan,

    hey all I was wondering if anyone else from wmp has been given a start date. I passed my fitness in June and got a letter soon after saying they have received my local security clearance and would soon be allocating me a provisional start date. Since then nothing I have left message with recruitment but they have not got back to me. I need a start date it is so fustrating. thanks Laura

    • 13 replies
    • 2.6k views
  3. Treebor
    Started by Treebor,

    Hi, Had my panel and got my start date as 1st Sept at Fettes, should be at Tulliallan on 07th Sept. IS there anyone els due to start on these dates? Just waiting for written confirmation so i can hand my notice in!!! The waiting is killing me! Cheers

  4. loadmastersrock
    Started by loadmastersrock,

    hi, im currently still serving in the forces . im 41 and completed 22 years service. just a few questions for you ex forces guys. 1. do i claim my pension or does it add to the police pension. ( would prefere to claim it now as the lump sum would come in handy ) 2. i dont want to PVR from the forces without a definite yes from the police. i guess if i PVR it will take 6 month to get a leaving date but they could play the 18 month card. thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 634 views
  5. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    I have good hearing, but had to have my ear syringed today as it was all blocked up with wax, I have my medical this week but as my ear is still not back to normal what do i do? will it effect my hearing test? the ear has been cleared of eax but there are side effects of syringing, such as all the water coming out etc Should i notify them off it? or will everthing be ok? or does a wax problem not even create any problems with a hearing test?

    • 2 replies
    • 211 views
  6. Xancross
    Started by Xancross,

    I recently got a letter inviting me to an Assessment centre in October. Among the pack was a form asking about Over-drafts, loans from finance companies and such. I just graudated from University recently and I was given a loan to pay for my course and the likes. Is this the kind of thing I need to declare, or is it not classed as a finance company? Also, I've dipped into my Over-draft since I graduated because i've not been able to find a job quite yet. Will going into my over-draft affect my application - I will note that I am within the agreed over-draft limit with my Bank, and with my agreement as a Graduate. I don't pay interest with what I take out, If I take out…

  7. specialteacher1546081026
    Started by specialteacher1546081026,

    Are there any better ways to challege the RRD issues thrown in to the role plays other than 'I'm sorry but I don't accept that'? If not, is it sufficient to say the above, or are you expected to say why you don't accept it? E.G 'they only threw us out the shop 'cos we have hoodies on' 'I'm sorry but I don't agree with that, that is not the reason at all, as I've explained.....' Thanks all!

  8. hayleyp
    Started by hayleyp,

    I am due to start with the Met on 12th October so have already passed my fitness test, however, I really struggled on the push/pull. I have also suffered an injury since and I have to retake the fitness when I start my training - does anyone know where you can use one of the dyno machines so I can see how I am getting on and if my training since my fitness test is working? I live in Reading. Cheers guys.

  9. newgirl09
    Started by newgirl09,

    Hey Guys I've emailed my local Special Constable resourcing administrator person, to find out if there was any news on my Speical application, or its progress ..(Having submitted it 3 months ago) I was told that hopefully I would be entered onto a Numerical and Verbal Aptitude test next month. I'm not quite sure..but think this means my app has been sucsessful? I've been refreshing my maths skills. But was hoping someone could offer me some tips, books, revison or anything that might help really, as I may only have a few weeks Would be much appreciated.

  10. M.I.A
    Started by M.I.A,

    Hi there, i thought i would put this topic together to give people a real idea of how long things take in transferring to the metropolitian police service. Right so to make things easy wednesday 24th september 2007 i have sent my papers via email to the HR department will keep you updated mcgremlin Met Careers

    • 51 replies
    • 14.5k views
  11. Lennon303
    Started by Lennon303,

    Is anyone else in the process of joining Essex police. Ive passed everything so far and i'm just waiting for my Medical. I got a letter at my fitness test that said they were going to ring, that was in July and i aint heard anything yet. Can anyone shed some light on the situation. Thanks

  12. db0402
    Started by db0402,

    Hi, I have just found out having passing all the stages to join North Yorkshire Police that I have failed vetting... I am completely gutted and am awaiting the results.. yes.. I have paid a tenner.. I can possibly thing of a couple a things that may have caused.. possibility 1. I am currently registered as a director of a limited company. its a taxi firm, its my dads business and the idea was i work for him just to help him get set up as its a new business. I told HR at NYP that i will be cutting all ties with the company if i get into the police force but am wondering if this could have caused me to fail vetting??? possibility 2. I moved int…

  13. KB-1991
    Started by KB-1991 * ,

    Not sure if there is many people from Northern Ireland use this forum but thought id post and see anyhow. Im just in the process of filling in my application form for the latest PSNI campaign which began today (5th March) ! Was wondering is there anyone else about who has applied for this ?

  14. dmi22
    Started by dmi22,

    Right I have my day 1 assessment coming up at the end of the month for The Met and i have two questions I need answering if anyone can help me! 1stly, is there a car park at the centre in hendon and do candidates for the assessment day have access to it? or do I have to find a place to park locally? 2ndly, what do you suggest I wear for the day? Im assuming smart but is a full suit recommended or will I look stupid wearing just a shirt and tie? Thanks in advance, Dave

  15. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    I had my medical next week and recruitment have stated that i have one thing outstanding for my file to be complete, does this mean it could be vetting? or could it be my medical which takes place next week? Also has anyone had any problems in the medical having an issue of mild anxiety in the past.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.