Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Ok this is my situation.... Im very unhappy in my current job, minimum wage, part time hours, and the people i work with arent pleasant. Ive been looking around for other jobs but many people need people the next week, my notice period is a month. Therefore ive decided to hand in my notice, with the hope that I will be able to find another job in the near future. Id like to do some temping work, and open university study at the same time. Im currently awaiting a date for fitness and medical test. Would it be looked down upon by recruitment, that I am quitting a job with no other job to go into? Any advice welcome!! Thankyou in advance!

    Jaydee1546620346
  2. LeicsPolSC
    Started by LeicsPolSC,

    For arugments sake, say an application was due in mid december, how long would it be before you were put into Uni if you successfully completed all the tests, interviews and anything else? If you have commitments until June, would it clash with training? All the best

    Jaydee1546620346
  3. Cassius Bojangles
    Started by Cassius Bojangles,

    I was wondering about people who have had their day 2 in May if you have heard anything from recruitment yet with regards to a start date and if not where are you in the application process since your day 2 in May. It feels like i'm alone. Al

    • 20 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Cassius Bojangles
  4. Burnadette
    Started by Burnadette * ,

    Hey, Has anyone applied for PC at A&S? How far have you got, and has anyone received their start date?

    • 9 replies
    • 405 views
  5. DougieFresh
    Started by DougieFresh * ,

    Hi! I unsuccessfully applied to Avon & Somerset Police in June 2009, and am seeking clarification on the 6 month ruling before applying again - is this before applying for ANY force or just Avon & Somerset? And if so, how strictly is this ruling applied? Also, I completed a very similar application form - with the same answers - for the MOD Police shortly before and was invited to a SEARCH assessment centre in Essex which i passed. I have since passed the medical, but have now been informed that it will most probably be as late as September 2010 before training begins (subject to security checks). Will it be possible to transfer this assessment pass to another f…

    • 2 replies
    • 521 views
  6. FMJ2304
    Started by FMJ2304 * ,

    i recently failed my Day 2 (i was over the recommended B.M.I for a pcso) i was before my day 2 seeking help for this problem and still i still am. i was told i could reapply in 4 months time and i have a year to complete my medical/physical. i was also told i would not have to repeat the day 1 assessment just the day 2? is this true? also my original application was to the MET, do i have to re do my medical/physical with them or can i use my completed day 1 assesment in another force if they are recruiting?

    • 0 replies
    • 288 views
  7. Lee.S1546620511
    Started by Lee.S1546620511,

    Im sure you have heard this question a million times but, in the Eyesight Requirement section I noticed it said Lenses and Glasses can be warn as long as it allows 6/6 vision, but there it also mentions about being able to read the 3rd line down on the Opticians eye sight chart unaided. Am I correct in thinking that this is without Glasses on? Or do you have to take your lenses out and try it? Because if you have to take your lenses out then I think Im failing. Regards, Lee

    • 1 reply
    • 220 views
  8. JackTrader
    Started by JackTrader,

    Please Help!!! I failed my day 1 in February 09 (33% for written communication, Respect for R&D 67%, Oral Comms 100%, 59% Overall) I WAS GUTTED. There seems to be so much conflicting info out there about being able to re-apply, and the Met website just says no applications at this time. I phoned the recruitment helpline and a very kind lady told me that recruitment is only "very specific"?? at this time. Does anybody know how, when and where I will be able to re-apply. Being a police officer is the only thing I want to do. Thanks very much guys!!!

  9. jamieg666
    Started by jamieg666,

    Hi I sent off my application last month and shortly after was sent a thank you letter and a ac booking form. I sent the booking form back and today i got a letter saying that due to the number of successful campaigns and the low number of officers leaving the met, if i was to pass all stages then i could have to wait another two years as they already have enough officers till then. They also sent me a form to fill in and send back if i still want to carry on with the process despite this. I am going to continue but its still a bit of a blow. Anybody else had this???

    • 13 replies
    • 2k views
  10. PC Tomo
    Started by PC Tomo,

    http://www.allpolicejobs.co.uk/index.php?p...b&jid=23375 also surrey i think...on the same website as above

    • 0 replies
    • 271 views
  11. jadunlop
    Started by jadunlop,

    Hi everyone, just about completed my application form. I still have to fill in the Financial Commitments and I'm still awaiting my T.A. Discharge form. Although I cannot remember my Army Number I think I still can send my application form to Jackton (Strathclyde Police) without this and produce it if I get to the interview stage. I'm 36 years old, married and have 2 children (2 yrs & 5 yrs). I guess I have accumulated a bit of debt over the years but nothing I cannot pay every month. I did shell out a good bit of money on laser eye surgery 2 years ago which boosted that up. I'm a bit worried that I will get rejected due to this or are there any similar people out the…

    • 2 replies
    • 816 views
  12. wolves_fan
    Started by wolves_fan * ,

    similar to the other post. i am applying for specials, i havent had any time off part time work but when i was at college last year and did my coursework at home but still got classed as absence from class even though i got the top grade possible. will this affect me?

    • 1 reply
    • 322 views
  13. candle
    Started by candle * ,

    hi everyone, I'll get straight to the point. I have previous - drink driving 16 years ago, and careless driving aprox 18 years ago, also spent the odd night in cells for falling asleep (after a few) in bus stops, park bench etc years many years ago! since then grown up and had responsible jobs in HM Forces, civil service etc. I also very rarely drink these days and never to the extent i did as a lad! So, here's the problem, i don't know the dates of the offences as i had them removed from my licence years ago and do not have the least inkling of a clue as to when i was in the cells! it was as i as in my colourful youth I have had CRB checks for various reasons : empl…

  14. timjinks
    Started by timjinks,

    Hi all, This is my first post, I've recently stumbled across the site whilst seeking information on the application process. I am in the middle of completing an application form but have a concern. I personally have a completly clean record and as far as I'm aware so do all of my relatives. However, my girilfriends family are not so well behaved. Her younger brother is currently on bail after being caught taking a class A drug. as he still lives at the same address as her, with their mother, will this fail my application? Thanks in advance.

  15. xkelkelx
    Started by xkelkelx,

    Hi all, I have my medical on 21st August. Any advice anyone can give me or is it pretty straight forward? Kerry

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.