Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. rovermatt
    Started by rovermatt * ,

    Hey guys :) I am hopeing to join the police force when the the application stage opens for the West Midlands Police. The issue that I am concerned with is that a few years ago my Dad and Step Mom got into a fight with each other, and long story short I was forced to call the police to help calm and resolve the situation. This left my Step Mom being charged with Battery. I am now concerned that this is going to come back and bite me, which I feel is unfair as I believe I did the right thing at the time. Also, my step brother left our home a few years ago under bad circumstances and I know he doesn't have a job and has pretty much never kept a job down either, this conc…

    • 4 replies
    • 515 views
  2. djaysoft
    Started by djaysoft,

    A number of years ago I worked for a company for a few months verifying paying suppliers and my boss said that basically I was not productive enough in my role, a major reason for this being that I was overly diligent in investigating discrepancies, particularly when the supplier was undercharging. They said basically that it would be better if I moved on and to be fair were supportive in assisting me (time off for interviews, good reference, notice period waived etc). Shortly after I had left, the company mistakenly paid me an extra month’s salary which I genuinely did not notice due to a house move and various rental deposits going in and out of my account. I rem…

  3. Jodes
    Started by Jodes,

    Hello all Got a call today from TVP recruitment inviting me to attend a fitness test on the 12th October. So excited LOL. Is there anyone out there who participated in the AC back in August attending? Plus, if anyone has attended a fitness test with TVP Id appreciate a quick run down of what to expect. I already know about the push and pull / bleep test to 5.4 - but anything else would be helpful. For example, do they ask you to do a couple of levels of the bleep test to warm up? Or just your experience of the day. Everything else I am bound to find on this thread. Cheers all

    • 2 replies
    • 377 views
  4. Louise!
    Started by Louise!,

    Hey guys got a call today Medical is re-booked for end of OCT!!!! Anyone else had anything ?

  5. RMP1
    Started by RMP1,

    Maybe getting a bit paranoid at this late stage, but got over the initial elation & gave myself a bit of a reality check, so....Having just 'celebrated' the 1st anniversary of sending off my application, I got an email from Recruitment saying something along the lines of "Your application is going through the process of final checks & verification, we'll be in touch by letter and/or phone next week..." Know I've passed a/c, fitness, medical & Board Interview & been assured a few months back my vetting was clear, references all in & should be fine. So, anyone got any idea what these "checks" or the "verification" mentioned are all about? Are these jus…

    • 3 replies
    • 570 views
  6. Mike798184
    Started by Mike798184,

    I passed the Notts a/c I did on June 11 and have been told that the next stage is the fitness test. I have rung recruitment twice and they couldn't tell me when I'd be likely to hear anything. It's a bit disheartening but I know alot of people are in the same boat as me. I was just wondering if anyone else who has attended any of the Notts a/c days this year had heard anything...intake numbers, dates etc: Thanks in advance Mike

    • 0 replies
    • 286 views
  7. timjinks
    Started by timjinks,

    Hi all, I am concerned about my sickness record. After adding up my time off today when completing my form it comes to 37 days over 4 sick periods. 32 of these days were incurred after having a shoulder operation that I have fully recovered from now. Should I list this on the form under where it asks you for your sickness record? How could this effect my application? Thanks in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 447 views
  8. richie123451234
    Started by richie123451234 * ,

    Finding it hard to start, is there anywhere, where i can advice or examples on the net? thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 989 views
  9. sampierce55
    Started by sampierce55,

    Hello I am new here, I have passed my application form and will have a assessment centre soon. However I am wondering will I fail vetting due to my dad. He has been in prison a few times for a few months for robbing my nans house and for not going to court, although if it was not for me and my mother telling the police that he had robbed my nans house he would have gotten away with it as we were the only witnesses. I have no contact with him whatsover and don't plan to either (although he does live in the area). Would it help my chances if I told recruitment I would be willing to move out of the area, would this help ?

    • 2 replies
    • 2.6k views
  10. Oarsman.
    Started by Oarsman.,

    Hi, I have been told today that vetting has been stopped for the MPS for anybody who passed their Day2 on or later than June. I was also told there was no way of knowing when it would begin again. Can anybody help me with a couple of q's Has anybody else experianced this? Does naybody have any idea how long i/we are realistically going to be waiting? Cant help feeling that having put the effort in to pass the tests my application has been put indefinatley into cold storage. Cheers.

  11. rovermatt
    Started by rovermatt * ,

    Hey Guys, I'm new to this forum :) On the application form you have to state family members names and addresses, well along story short, my step brother left our home years ago (not under great circumstances) and no one in my family knows where he lives and I'm unsure of the address in which he is registered to. What is your advice/thoughts on this when I have to put his information down? My step mom also has 'Battery' on her record from about 2 years ago, is this likely to affect me? Finnaly, for the competency question on 'bullying, discrimination and insencitive behaviour' can I use myself as an example (I'm sure that I can, just want to check) Many thanks, Matt.

  12. rachel669
    Started by rachel669,

    I have my application going through with West Mercia Police, and I am at the background checks/vetting stages. I have no criminal convictions, and nore does anyone in my family that I am aware of. I recently moved in with my boyfriend and believe he has minor CCJ's against him but he has no criminal record as such. However, his father who lives 3 hours away from where we do, who we hardly see does have a criminal record. I don't know exactly what he has done, I think it is mainly minor crimes. I wondered if anyone knew if this would affect my application and whether I would fail on vetting because of this??? Thanks Rachel

    • 0 replies
    • 345 views
  13. Chrissy86
    Started by Chrissy86,

    Myself and a girl who is going through recruitment process have been told we should be goin to tulli in Jan but no leteer as yet. anyone in same situation?

    • 0 replies
    • 513 views
  14. gm11
    Started by gm11,

    Hi, first time posting. I've got a few questions about my pc application and was wondering if anyone could help or point me in the right direction. I have two parking tickets to my name, one in late 2005 and the other in early 2006. One was issued by the council and the other was issued by central scotland police. The only other details of them i can remember is that the one issued by central was at 1am. Is this going to be an issue if i can't remember the exact dates? I have 3 penalty points from last year, should i put every detail that is on my counterpart driving licence in the application? i.e. offence code, date of offence etc. In the date of conviction column i h…

    • 0 replies
    • 363 views
  15. Cassius Bojangles
    Started by Cassius Bojangles,

    Hello to those reading, Astant has sent me a link in another thread which I believe to be important to those in the Met recruitment process. In the link below a member of staff at the Met has shared an email he recieved from the Senior Recruitment Manager. If you click on the link it is the bottom post in blue writing. I hope this helps anyone who is waiting and not sure what exactly is going on. http://www.policeoracle.com/forum/forum_po...12286&PN=42 All the best and good luck! Alex

    • 2 replies
    • 442 views
    Cassius Bojangles

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.