Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. exroyal
    Started by exroyal,

    Transferring to the met in Jan 10 and will be working at Southwark. Has anyone any good/bad words re the borough? Also does anyone have experience of section houses? Thanks Mac

  2. scottishchicky
    Started by scottishchicky,

    Hey Guys Not sure if anyone is interested, but I was thinking that maybe people who are starting at fettes on the 20th Oct would maybe like to meet somewhere in town before next tuesday just so we can meet each other, and that way it might not be so nerveracking for everyone Anyone who is interested can PM me and we can try to get something organised.

    • 0 replies
    • 525 views
  3. TractorBoy1546620375
    Started by TractorBoy1546620375 * ,

    Hi all, I have seen a link posted on this site about depression and anti depressants and a two year medication free period before being considered as a police officer. Unfortunately I have been trawling through this site for days and cannot find it. Anyone know where I could find it? I know it was a link to a home office page. Thanking you in advance for your help. John

    • 3 replies
    • 645 views
    TractorBoy1546620375 *
  4. bigmack
    Started by bigmack,

    Warriors 2008,Geebees I have tried to send you guys a personal message,but I was unable to on this site. I want to say a massive thank you to you both for your kind IM's you guys have sent in the past. Your advice was pivotal to my success. I hope you guys are doing well. I would like to thank the rest of the 2008 applicants who gave me sound advice as well.

    • 3 replies
    • 539 views
  5. sharpergriffin
    Started by sharpergriffin,

    Hi all, I recently passed my fitness assessment with west midlands police (09/10/09). Was just wondering if anybody had any idea what sort of time I'm going to be looking at for a start date? Was hoping for sometime around January / March next year? Would this be a decent approximation? Thanks in advance Scott.

    • 1 reply
    • 352 views
  6. mshep10
    Started by mshep10,

    Hi I was one of the lucky 750 that got an application form i was wondering wether anyone has heard back yet???

    • 43 replies
    • 4.2k views
  7. Jage-Ames
    Started by Jage-Ames,

    Thought I'd start a new post for all of you out there that attended and passed a Met day 2 in June 09. I'm sitting here waiting to hear about my vetting and potential start dates if I get through vetting. I imagine there are a lot of you out there in the same position as me. Any of you passed vetting yet? Any of you been given a provisional start date? Some of you may be just going to your day 2 this week, if so it's all fresh in my our minds for those that have just been.

  8. RocketRich
    Started by RocketRich,

    I've recently been given a start date but in the letter I was sent it said that they expected all my finances to be in order. My finances aren't amazing, I have £600 worth of unauthorised overdraft outstanding due to the fact that I lost my job six months ago and my bank decided to take my overdraft away from me. It was orginaly at £200 but months of fees have multiplied it to £600. The account is now in being dealt with by collections. Will this affect my application to the Police? All advice welcome.

  9. lanab
    Started by lanab,

    Found out today I passed my police assessment for West Midlands Police I got 63% overall, 78% in the written 71% in RRD and 100% in oral communication. This was my second attempt at the assessment centre as last time i failed the written tests. I decided to take the "talking blues course" to better prepare myself and it worked :) as previously my written test score was 33%! so a massive difference. I can't recommend the course enough. If like me you have failed once before it is so worth the money! It's taken me a while to get to this stage but I didn't give up :) good luck to everyone who has their assessment coming up! and its worth taking that course!! lana

    • 10 replies
    • 952 views
  10. ChrisW123
    Started by ChrisW123,

    Hey, got my application form results back yesterday. SHOCKER. At first I thought I would have failed, or that if I DID pass it would have been the bare minimum. Instead I got an overall A grade for the competency questions and they say I "did better than 97% of all candidates" which I'm really shocked about. So yeah, I loose my A/C virginity on the 9th Dec, anyone else going to be joining me? Hope you are all well! Chris

    • 5 replies
    • 180 views
  11. VitcH
    Started by VitcH,

    Hello, I notice many of you say you read books or use DVDs to help you prepare for and pass the assessment centre, but not many specific titles are provided. Could anyone who used or is currently using preparatory books for the A/C tell me which ones you used, and whether you'd recommend them? I've just been invited to an A/C in December and want to make sure I'm well prepared. Having said that, many of you have already posted a wealth of info on earlier threads for which I'm really grateful. I'd like to get 1-2 books at most, here are the titles I'm looking at: How to Pass the Police Recruitment Tests by Kenneth D. Ricketts Testing Series: How to Pass the New Polic…

  12. EC27
    Started by EC27,

    My topic for my assessment centre is "Is fitness testing appropriate for the modern police service?" Does anyone know where I would start on a topic like this?! Do I explain what "fitness testing" and "the modern police service" are and then compare the pros and cons? I have no idea where to start so any help would be much appreciated!!

    • 1 reply
    • 573 views
  13. weeyin0174
    Started by weeyin0174,

    hey! i have my assessment day for central scotland in a few weeks and we have to research and prepare a 5 min short talk on "rasism in the police, is this an issue?" i have tryed to find quality info but with no luck! anyone have any ideas on where or what to look up? i dont know if we have to angle it as the police in general being racist or only between police officers or mainly with suspects. very confusing topic and certianly not straightforward anywho, any info would be magic! cheers xx

  14. ludvanbull
    Started by ludvanbull,

    Hi there, was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for reading material to help me with the assessment centre process. I already have the How to Become cd-rom, and am also hoping to book a course just before, but any extra advice would be greatly appreciated.

    • 1 reply
    • 404 views
  15. jdean23
    Started by jdean23,

    Hi all. Ive just had a letter through the post today saying an Appointment has been made for me to attend the Medical Centre for a Screening Test (Drug/Alcohol) and DSE Eyesight Test. Im just wondering if anyone can give me a rough idea and where this stands in my background checks. Is this something they do early on? Or is this at a later stage of the background check? Im asking because I'd like to find out how far down the road I am. Im obviously hoping this is a good sign that what they've seen so far there happy with. Any comments would be very helpful. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 585 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.