Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. lutty1976
    Started by lutty1976,

    Hello! I have a start date for January 4th 2010 in West Sussex somewhere, but still don't know where I am going to be based. Does anybody know if recruitment normally waits until the last minute to tell people? Cheers

    • 5 replies
    • 840 views
  2. Tiger1545925605
    Started by Tiger1545925605,

    Hi everyone, This is my first post, although I've been lurking around for a while! I just want to clarify the vetting procedue around credit checks and what *exactly* would make you fail vetting? Would missed credit card payments or going over your overdraft make you fail? You see I do not have any CCJ's or ever missed any loan payments but have missed the odd credit card bill and only this month went over my overdraft due to expensive renovations at home! But I am worrying myself sick in case this shows up and I fail. Can somebody please clarify as I see to read lots of differing opinions. Many thanks!! Tiger gal

    • 6 replies
    • 2.2k views
  3. wanna b
    Started by wanna b,

    Hi all , Is there anyone out there who is hoping to join the West-midlands police? I read lots of posts but there doesn't seem to be any from my area. Surely there is some one out there who is joining West-mids. The recruitment process seems very different else where, and whilst its all interesting stuff i would love to speak with some one who is going through the same process as myself here in the west midlands. I am currently in the final stage of the recruitment process. The physical competence test. So please feel free to give me a shout wanna b

  4. jibberjabber74
    Started by jibberjabber74,

    Hi Just wondering if anyone is applying to merseyside pcso's. and what is the application process? is it a/c and force interview like the police recruitment?. Thanks for any insight

    • 20 replies
    • 1.9k views
    jp2uk1546620308
  5. Cesnarf
    Started by Cesnarf,

    I'm in a bit of a predicament. I've been made redundant and one of my former employers has offered me a job back with them. Problem is, I gave them as a reference to the Met, and I haven't told them I've applied to the police and might be leaving them in the near future! I really need the job to keep going until - hopefully - I start with the Met. Do you think I should ask Recruiting if they could withold asking for a reference? There are other former employers they can approach. Or does anyone have any other suggestion?

  6. HarryBosch
    Started by HarryBosch,

    Hi folks. Got the good news on Friday that I passed the assessment centre. Now just waiting on a date for my panel interview. Anyone been through this recently? Any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers.

    • 0 replies
    • 314 views
  7. dirtybeats
    Started by dirtybeats,

    Hi everyone, joining the force in September which I'm really excited about. Just got a small question that I hope someone can answer: Do police wages go up on on the 1st September? And if yes is this guaranteed to rise each year for a certain period? I understand the credit crunch etc etc might obviously effect future payrises. Thanks for anyone who can help

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. chestnut
    Started by chestnut,

    I passed my Day 2 Assessment for the Met Police on June 18th. I had to send in some medical forms afterwards, which they received about 2 weeks later, and sent a confirmation letter advising I had officially passed the medical and should wait for advise on my start dates. Still not had any word. Has anybody else that passed on June 18th had a response or start date? I advised them that I was taking holiday in September and they confirmed I would not be given a start date before then. Any help?

  9. bluebird1988
    Started by bluebird1988,

    Hi all, I have my final interview with Avon and Somerset tomorrow and i've been doing as much preperation as i think i can. I don't want to go to far in to detail in my prep just in case i don't act normal and become robotic which don't really an answer to questions they've asked. Instead i would be giving answers i've prepped close enough to what i've think they have asked. I've looked at (well it feels like it) almost every page on this forum and i've done the research and prep i've been told is helpful from on here so i hope it will be good enough. I do have 1 question though. Will i have to take any information or my personal portfolio with all my qualificatio…

    • 3 replies
    • 367 views
  10. dmi22
    Started by dmi22,

    Hey, I have my day 1 assessment with the met coming up next month and am just wondering what the actual pass mark is. On this forum people seem to think it ranges between 50%-60% I think if I remember right its 60%? Just want that confirmed! Thanks, Dave

  11. Emlyn
    Started by Emlyn,

    Hi,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> It's fair to say I am very new on here, so apologies if I have posted this incorrectly. Just wondering if anyone with relevant knowledge/experience may be able to help me with some queries I have. I have just graduated from University, after completing a degree in Criminology, and have been interested in applying to join the Police for some time now. At this stage The HDP scheme does not interest me, as I'd prefer to work my way up if, I’m successful in gaining entry into the Police. Unfortunately my “chosen” force is not recruiting at this ti…

  12. Skimzee
    Started by Skimzee,

    Hi, I just passed my A/C in June and I am currently waiting to take my fitness test. I have heard that you have to push 35kg and was wondering if this weight is each side or as a whole? I go gym and can push 30kg either side of the bar comfortably but I struggle on 35kg, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the correct procedures were as I feel as if I am ringing recruitment every day lol. Thanks, Sam

    • 1 reply
    • 641 views
  13. Springboard
    Started by Springboard,

    I'm going through the recruitment stage right now, but I've just got a few questions I thought maybe people on here could answer: 1. Further Education: What are people's views on officers persuing further education? e.g. part-time HNC, degree or PHD? Would this be seen as demonstrating a lack of commitment? 2. Running for a Council Ward: this is something I have thought about doing way down the line, but I presume political affiliations or running as a councillor are no-no's? (Or so I've been told by a retired Officer). Advice would be appreciated. Cheers all.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Delta661546620548
  14. 1abpc
    Started by 1abpc,

    Thought this might be useful but not sure if it's the right place. Thought I'd start a post with pass mark levels and if final interviews are conducted. GMP ------- 50% and Final Interview Cheshire Constabulary-- 60% and Final Interview If anyone else can add any info then post away

    rubix1546620548 *
  15. yellow999
    Started by yellow999,

    Hi All! Just thought i'd get this topic going! Those of you who are currently awaiting a start date will be aware, there's a lot of rumours flying around! Interested in hearing if any of you have been given an Oct/Nov start date?! There seems to be a bit of a prob with Oct, from what I could gather from my r/o - they're still busy sorting out sept and they are not dealing with oct yet!? My file is now complete and with the intake team and as of yet, im still waiting. It's a bit worrying when they can't give me an indictation of how long the wait could be.

    • 6 replies
    • 931 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.