Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Atiuaf
    Started by Atiuaf,

    Hi Guys, I would be grateful if any of you who is doing their NVQ forward me some examples to how to write evidence or any general advice how to deal with theem. I reallly feel that I am struggling to understand and thinking I have to give them a go sooner or later! any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 758 views
    Tim in the South
  2. ashford82
    Started by ashford82,

    hi everyone, i'm starting my training for merseyside police soon and im just wondering what it's gonna be like. i know the structure of it all and what criteria is on it as i have received the welcome pack, but im just wondering what it's like whilst your there. do you wear your uniform everyday? is it shift patterns? is there a lot of homework? etc etc. just after a quick heads up so am ready for it all and can get into the right frame of mind. feeling a little nervous noow it's finally come round as i dont really know how it's gonna be! any advice would be great, cheers ash

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. NiceGuyEddie
    Started by NiceGuyEddie,

    Hi Guys, I've recently found out that my file is complete and is now sitting with intake team.. Having spoken to them, I understand that the septemeber intake is full and has a waiting list of people who are on it for any cancelations.. The next intake is October 12th but they have not decided on the number of people they want for it yet and hence the delay for anyone still waiting.. Is anyone else curently in the same boat?? Has anyone heard any different?? Any news on the october intake or if you have been given a confirmed start for october would be really appreciated.. thanks...

    • 9 replies
    • 631 views
  4. Louise!
    Started by Louise!,

    Hi pps... I have my interview on the 14th Aug! I will do my best to pass...I have been studying hard and reading up on the GMP website.....although I really want to pass I was just wondering... I remember the lady at our awareness evening saying your Assessment Center results are valid for a year... If I fail my final interview is it possible to transfer my AC results to another force that doesn't have a Final Interview process??? Was also wondering for all you out there who have done your interview what they do when its over...do they give you a fitness date there and then or do they ask you to wait outside etc??? Thanks guys Lou x

    • 7 replies
    • 854 views
  5. chunkylover
    Started by chunkylover * ,

    Hi. I have a series of written tests and also an interview this saturday (15/8/09) at Wakefield. This assessment is for a role as a Speacil Constable. I was wondering if anyone out there has sat these tests/interview and could give any advice. For the written tests i know they will be a mixture of maths, english and also scenarios to work from. For the interview i know they will ask me why i want the job/what would it involve. Anything im missing? All replies would be much appreciated S.D

    • 0 replies
    • 327 views
  6. sops87
    Started by sops87 * ,

    I know I should know this already but is the medical for GMP on the same day as the fitness and if not when do i need to fill in the medical forms they sent me? thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 308 views
  7. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    Hi all, I have for sale books and dvd's that helped me pass my assesment centre. Grab a bargain. Stuart http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=36824

    • 0 replies
    • 186 views
  8. I'm Paul
    Started by I'm Paul,

    Well I will thank everyone who has helped me on this forum during my application; I have been offered a start date of teh 24th of August. I look forward to contributing to this forum from the inside, so thank you to everyone that has offred advice and support. Cheers!

    • 3 replies
    • 699 views
  9. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    I have been offered a start date for September. Anyone else? JOHN

    greeneyedgirl *
  10. meric_c47
    Started by meric_c47,

    Hello all, How did everyone else find the day 1? ANy advice from you veterans awaiting start dates on how to deal with the wait? Thanks meric_c472009-08-09 08:39:42

  11. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    This is now public domain and give a bit of insight into scoring: The Home Office commissioned the application form sift to ensure a single high standard of applicant proceeding to the assessment centre. As you are aware there is a significant cost associated with processing and assessing applicants at the assessment centre. The Home Office wanted to ensure that candidates reaching the centre had the best possible chance of passing by taking some measure of competence before offering an assessment centre and Westshire Constabulary incurring the costs of that assessment. During development of the application form focus groups were held with applicants to ensure the i…

    Ricardo1546620543 *
  12. Wardlow
    Started by Wardlow,

    Phoned them today and they said that they have stop recruitment for about 6 months +, gutted as its just as i was about to send my application off. oo well have to wait it out now i guess!

    • 1 reply
    • 746 views
  13. RussellEast
    Started by RussellEast,

    Hi All, <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> I’m just in that waiting period now from Day 2 to a training start date... My timeline: 1st Feb - Attended recruitment event in Trafalgar Sq Mid March - Application received, completed and sent back June 15th - Day 1 - passed July 21st - Day 2 - passed Cant wait for a training start date...

  14. smarty-marti
    Started by smarty-marti,

    ive recently been PMd a number of questions regarding any stuff thatd be usefull to learn whilst in the seemingly never ending wait for a start date. and thought id just put it on here so you could all share. apologies for its length but wanted to answer everything.... you do not have to do any pre training study as theyll teach you everything you need to know. HOWEVER-if you do a little before you start it will make a lot more sense when you do get round to it and bring down the stress levels when theyre trying to cram a million things in your head per week. like i said a while ago on another topic-look at the three core topics(apart from road traffic)which …

  15. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    afternoon all. I received notification of my room yesterday. I will be staying in the Gilmour Section House anyone else been given that one ?

    • 0 replies
    • 447 views
    george76271546620128

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.