Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. NeilW1970
    Started by NeilW1970 * ,

    Hi all, Has anybody heard anything more about Wiltshire's recruitment freeze for PC's, I was due to start in Nov 09 but it maybe March 2010 due to a lack of vacancies, cannot believe it, gutted!!!!

    • 2 replies
    • 360 views
  2. notquiteasaint
    Started by notquiteasaint * ,

    Hi all, I received, a Penalty notice for disorder from the Northumbria Police in late 2007 for being drunk and disorderly in a public offence. (I believe the is not a recordable offence/caution/conviction but I am not certain) Then in early 2008 was charged with drunk and disorderly in a public place by the Lancashire police, I went to court and plead guilty etc. My question is this, on application forms for a) the police b) civilian jobs c) police contracted work How much do I need to disclose? Thanks, NQS

    • 2 replies
    • 961 views
  3. karl1981
    Started by karl1981,

    Hi just wondering if anyone on here is waiting to start with North Wales Police in November and If they have been given a start date yet.

  4. Louise!
    Started by Louise!,

    Hi Guys... I handed my vetting forms in on Friday after my final onterview. I didnt have my partners address from the previous 5 years but the guy I handed my forms to asked me to try get it over the weekend. We managed to track it down and I rang recruitment to give them the address this morning and they said it was fine.... Tonight my dad has reminded me that he has two children with a previous partner....please don't all start having a go saying 'how could i not remember'....I have nothing to do with these two individuals, they are both minors and neither me or my dad sees them. Dad has provided me with their details and address....but i now have to ring recruitmen…

    • 6 replies
    • 689 views
    jp2uk1546620308
  5. Skimzee
    Started by Skimzee,

    I began applying to the police when I was 18 studying for my A levels, I am now 19 and I have passed every stage up to the security/medical stage. I am struggeling with the references. My first one is my old teacher who was ex met police. My work experience is kinda limited as I have only worked for four weeks with a temp agency. I play for a semi professional football side and I was wondering if I could use my manager as a referee as he is a sargeant in the met police. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks, Sam Horvath

    • 7 replies
    • 442 views
  6. jca
    Started by jca,

    i have more brother and sisters than have room to fill in my application form. Does anyone know what i should do? many thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 327 views
  7. Sheffield
    Started by Sheffield,

    Just thought I'd ask do they check Facebook accounts during vetting?

    • 35 replies
    • 2.7k views
  8. walsall181986
    Started by walsall181986 * ,

    Hello. I'm 23 and contemplating joining the police. I'm 5'10, 10.5 stone and physically fit. However I am worried about my size because I am quite skinny and look young for my age. Should I be concerned about this or am I worrying unnecessarily?

    • 6 replies
    • 603 views
  9. RPF
    Started by RPF * ,

    Hi there i recently stummbled across this forum serching for some information as to what to expect from day 1 at the assesment center for tayside, i have already completed the specimen papers avalible on the Tayside police website and i see no trouble there. Im just looking for a little insight as to what to expect from the Critical Thinking and the interview, been in my current job for near 15 years and dont have a clue what to expect from an interview let alone a police interview. Thanks In Advance

    • 3 replies
    • 209 views
  10. 4_pint_foss
    Started by 4_pint_foss,

    i've got my assessment centre tomorrow at ryton in coventry for lancashire police. its in the morning. anyone else got it on the same day? i'm rather scared to say the least. i've done quite alot of preparation, but i hope that nerves don't get the better of me on the day.

    • 4 replies
    • 572 views
  11. Protegee
    Started by Protegee * ,

    Hi, Just got my (your through to the next round) letter from Lothian & Borders, Familiarisation visit on 10/09 and SET Tests 01/10. Cocker a hoop or what..... Has anyone had experience of the CTT (critical thinking test)? Also based on 01/10 tests and everything goes to plan, at the point of recommendation to the Chief Constable, how long do you usually have to wait to start the training? thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 187 views
  12. Logan335
    Started by Logan335 * ,

    Hi I have been considering joining the police for a long time now and was wondering if you could provide some advice. I am a UK citizen, 27 years old, post-grad and 6 years professional working experience in a variety of jobs. I have read what I can on various websites and bought some recommended books but am still unclear about my specific situation. I am currently 9 months into a year travelling abroad, doing the usual holiday thing. I would ideally like to apply to the Met (though would consider any other branch) but have a question about residency eligibility. The Met states that you must be resident in the UK for at least 3 years prior to the application. Would my …

    • 6 replies
    • 781 views
  13. Fatony
    Started by Fatony,

    Thinking about joing the psni and I am going over a few quierys i have.. When i start and if i got the job as a constable do i be placed anywere in N.ireland or can i choose a town to be posted in? If i get posted far away from home do i recieve travel allowance? What are the different sections that you can specialise in after probation period??

    • 0 replies
    • 505 views
  14. will251
    Started by will251,

    Hi, I sent my application off the the GMP last month. My mum is getting married in September and she has just changed her name to put her maiden name as one of her middle names. Should I ring GMP up to let them know? I did state what her maiden name was in the application form, just not as a middle name. Would I need to ring them up again in September if I have not heard from them about her new name them as well? Any adivice would be welcome

    • 1 reply
    • 372 views
    The Large Portion
  15. mrkipling8
    Started by mrkipling8,

    Hi, I am new to this and wondered if anyone was going through the same problems as me. I applied for lancs sept 07, passed asses day Nov 07 had my interview, fitness and medical all in early 08. I have been waiting ever since for a start date. I have been given several dates only for them to ring me up and say the intake is now full. I have never lived outside the UK and have never been in trouble with the police. I recently had to pass my second fitness test as my first had run out, on doing this I was told I would be in a June 2009 intake but yet again I received a phone call saying June is now full also Spetember is full and the next one is January 2010 but the…

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.