Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. themotive
    Started by themotive * ,

    hey i'm currently doing my research for my initail interview. i have a good bit done but i want to make sure i've not missed much regarding the 2 years probation period. i have applied for Strathclyde and will be training at tullialan. Can anyone give me a run down of the 104 week probation period and what you done at tullialan? So far i know.. it starts with a 15 week course with 4 modules Crime - General policing duties - evidence and road policing. After 15 weeks i'm not 100% sure of what happens although i have read that you will then be sent to your station and after a spell there return to the police college for 2 weeks for theory and academical studies. I…

    • 3 replies
    • 540 views
  2. pc_bob
    Started by pc_bob,

    hi all just a bit of advise please.i am going on holiday early october for a couple of weeks and really i dont want to miss the next GMP recruitment drive.i know on the website it says "we will recruit this financial year" but that could be anytime.just wondering if anybody knows anything i dont. thanks in advance.

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
    jp2uk1546620308
  3. Kyria1546620475
    Started by Kyria1546620475,

    I did my A/C last week and only just realised that, while I think most of it went okay, I didn't answer one of the interview Q's correctly - the RRD one! I was just wondering if anyone had passed having done this? I'm hoping that since the answer was neither positive nor negative that it will just be classed as neutral and I may still pass on the other Q's for that section. Any advice would be really useful as I now can't motivate myself to train for the Day 2 as i'm convinced I've failed (and any excuse not to run really). Please help....!!!!!!!!!

  4. DaveSpa
    Started by DaveSpa,

    I was stopped for speeding in Flordia whilst on holiday 5 years ago and forgot to mention it on my application. Does vetting check international databases or would something so minor not come up on a check? Thanks

  5. Bharl
    Started by Bharl,

    Im still goin through the posts trying to pick up as much info and tips that will help me prepare and know what to expect at my AC. So far i know that there is a 20min interview where they ask 4 questions based around the competencies, 20 min numerical test, 20 min written test and 4x 5min role plays. Is there anything that i am missing or any key info i need to know about any of these?

  6. SW90
    Started by SW90,

    Hey guys and girls! Just to introduce myself, my name is Scott, and last week I sent off my application form for the Ministry of Defence Police! I am looking for a hand... How long roughly should I expect to wait for a reply from them? If anyone knows could they please try and answer? Many thanks, Loft.

  7. alberto1545925605
    Started by alberto1545925605,

    Hi there, New to the forum. Hoping for some advice.. Im a firefighter in scotland, although now looking to apply again to the police (as its what im more interested in doing). My question is regarding the vetting / personal disclosure admissions... Should I admit to experimenting with soft drugs (hash) when in my early teens (im now nearly 29, married) I obviously despise any drugs now, dont smoke / rarely drink. Would this admission at the application stage go against me and my application be binned, or would the police realise that in the real world probably 90% of kids have tried these things? Any advice / comments would be much appreciated.

  8. nikki21
    Started by nikki21,

    hey guys!! i just had a random burst of impatience and called recruitment. i spoke to a lovely guy who said i should be hearing from them very soon (in the next couple of days) regarding a Nov possibly Oct intake! reading past posts i was completly shocked by this (even though my file has been with the intake team for a number of weeks) i dont want to get my hopes up as i know so many people have been told different things, but he sounded positive i would be in this year! i did have my day 1 last Oct and was put on medical hold so i have been waiting a long time! fingers crossed!! if anyone else has been told this let me know as im in two minds atm Thanks, Nikki

    Cassius Bojangles
  9. Natalie87
    Started by Natalie87,

    Hello, I have applied a few times to be a clerical assistant with Strathclyde Police and have failed to obtain an interview on all occasions. To be honest, my long term goal is to join the Police force as a constable, but I am still working on my fitness so I wanted to work with the Police in some capacity in the meantime. What I want to know is, is there anyway of finding out why my application was declined? As strange as it sounds, I just want to know the reason is related to not being the most qualified for the job and not, for example, because I failed vetting. I would be gutted if I worked so hard to get to the calibre of a policewoman to be turned down over vetti…

    • 2 replies
    • 654 views
  10. Bharl
    Started by Bharl,

    Hi everyone, can any explain to me what kind of things to expect from the role play at the assesment centre? Im not to worried about any other part but acting out senario's frightens me to death! Do you have to act out in front of a large group?

  11. Bharl
    Started by Bharl,

    Hello everyone, its my first post but i have been reading comments and tips on here for awhile. I got my assesment dates through and i am attending the west-mids on the 8/9/2009. Is anybody else attending this assesment?

  12. Daddeeee1
    Started by Daddeeee1,

    I had my assessment day yesterday, I think the majority of it went ok but looking back at the structured interview I think my responses were pants - i ran out of time on a couple and don't think I came across particularly strong. Just have to wait 3 weeks now! Anyone else feel they REALLY fluffed their 4 competencies and passed?

    • 0 replies
    • 136 views
  13. debzvee
    Started by debzvee,

    Hey there, I wonder if anyone can help. Once you have Day 2 and you hand in the 6 borough chooices (been told I have a probably 6 month wait until my start date). Can you change your Borough choices in that time? I made a bit of a booboo in the borough choices and it might cost my relationship - whoops Help very much appreciated!

    • 2 replies
    • 435 views
  14. Louise!
    Started by Louise!,

    Hey guys...just wondering if anyone else has their fitness Tuesday 18th Aug?

  15. milly71
    Started by milly71,

    I applied to join West Midlands Police in March of last year. At the time I was self-employed and had no arrears or defaults. In December 2008 I was told I had passed the paper sift stage. By this time I had folded my business as it was losing money and I had incurred missed payments and defaults on my credit cards. I rang WMP and asked recruitment if this would affect my application but was told they couldn't give me an answer as it depended how many defaults there were and they didn't know when the credit check would be done until I had been to the assessment centre. So 7 months on 23rd July this year I attended assessment centre. I found out last week I had done extrem…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.