Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. beady
    Started by beady,

    have just received my results from the assessment center for kent, i scored 59% which although i am pleased with(didnt think i had done that well) it is not enough for kent police, so am looking to tranfer to another force that accepts below 60%, am very unsure of the process which forces accept this pass mark etc and would welcome any advice on what to do now please, would consider a move to any county

    • 0 replies
    • 603 views
  2. alfiecat
    Started by alfiecat,

    Hi, Due to take my A/C next week, hopefully I will passed fingers crossed. Only thing I am worrying to death about is my Peripheral vision as there is a piece missing from each eye. I am really worried that they will make a huge issue about it and terminate my application. I dont actually notice its missing at all, it was only picked up during an eye test and confirmed by MRI scan, the conclusion by the concultant was I must have had it all my life and I have adapted because I dont know any different. I work as a 999 operator for the police anyway and i dont have problems with that (we use 3 vdus) so I am hoping I am just being a bit paranoid about it. Any i…

    • 10 replies
    • 377 views
  3. clarksonrob
    Started by clarksonrob,

    Got my MOD medical in a couple of weeks,anyone done one recently could tell me me what to expect,how long does it take?What questions do they ask?What do you have to do?Touch your toes etc,etc.Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 299 views
  4. T.c.
    Started by T.c.,

    Would it help in applying for the met in any way by volunteering as a special? I have been contemplating doing it anyway as I really want to apply for the police - or would this not be very helpful in an application? Honest thoughts please; and as ever, any ideas about cheeky subtle adverts!?

  5. JeffaCake
    Started by JeffaCake,

    Hi everyone, Got my results for day 1(MET PC) yesterday and got an unforgivable 49%, 1% short off the pass mark. Does anyone know what are the chances of them offering me PCSO? I don't think i ticked the PCSO part in the app form but after going through the grulling application process I just want to get my foot through the door and get started! Thanks

  6. kuztardd
    Started by kuztardd,

    Hi guys, I see the MET recently had a big recruitment drive, and I have missed out by only a few days, but does anyone know when the next liklelyhood of new recruits will be for the MET? Also, how long do they normally keep the application proces open for, is it a matter of days or weeks? Thanks in advance. A

  7. Sophie_Turner
    Started by Sophie_Turner,

    Hello, I was wondering if anyone could please help me with something. I am 17 years old and very serious about joing the Police force, my only problem, is that I received a reprimand at the age of 13 for shoplifting. It was the biggest mistake that I have ever made and I can't help but worry that it will greatly affect my chances of being accepted. When I was 15 I began applying for the Army and in my interviews I was asked about whether or not I had ever been in trouble before. I told the Sergeant everything and he assured me that it would not be a problem (Joining the army that is) and I was put at ease. From what I have heard though about the selection process with the…

    IveToldYouOnce
  8. JDelays1234
    Started by JDelays1234,

    Hey everyone. I had my day 1 on the 26 June for the MET. I think everything went ok but I guess you can never tell how well you have performed until you get that brown envelope. I also hear that there is a delay in the postal service which will affect my results being delivered to me by the 20th. So I wanted to start a group for those who are expecting their results on the 20th July to voice and to share their opinions. Thanks, Jon

    Lee.S1546620511
  9. D_Dumile
    Started by D_Dumile,

    Hi all, New to the forum and thought it was about time I plunged in and said hello. Just sent off my app for City of London Police and got a letter confirming they received it yesterday (19/5/2009), so I'm just beginning the waiting game and starting to gently gnaw off my finger nails. Anybody else in the same schooner? Also, if there is anyone out there that is already serving on the force it would be great to have some more info. I know they work in the City centre and deal largely with economic crime, but are there any other differences to how they operate compared with the MET and does their recruitment process differ in any way? I have visited the website and c…

  10. scottishchicky
    Started by scottishchicky,

    Hey I am hoping someone who has recently had their final panel with L&B could help me. I have mine next week and was just wondering what sort of things I need to study. Does it follow along the same lines as the Home Visit or does it concentrate more on the competency side of things ie times or examples you have done........?? Hopefully someone can help Lesley

    • 2 replies
    • 696 views
    scottishchicky
  11. chelseablue
    Started by chelseablue,

    And they have now confirmed my appointment and I'm in....been a long wait and yyyyyyyeeeeeeeessssssssssssss get in there :-)

    • 1 reply
    • 522 views
    Kyria1546620475
  12. nicstar
    Started by nicstar,

    Can anyone advise...Do I need to put part-time jobs on my application form too? I worked part-time for 2 years in addition to my full-time role (evening and weekend work). It seems obvious to say yes I suppose but just wanted to get some feed back? Thanks

  13. letissier2003
    Started by letissier2003,

    Hey |Guys, I just recevied my results today from my day one, which was on the 19th of June in Hendon, if any of you guys are worried about the postal strike! After the day I wasn't super confident, but I thought I had done enough to pass. Unfortunatly I scored 54% which is a whole 1% under the met pass rate! the most annoying thing is that I passed thier standards for: Race and Diversity 63%, Written Comms 60%, no D grade in Race and Diverstiy, and even got 100% for oral communication and the feedback says im in the bottom 26% for Effective Communication, I dont get it. Im pretty bummed to say the least, it looks like I messed up on the resiliance compentcy …

  14. Salsoul
    Started by Salsoul,

    This might be a useful thread for people applying to forces with an initial interview. http://www.policeoracle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5530

  15. chris67
    Started by chris67,

    I have a medical for essex on 24th august and have been told all forces are introducing weekly running for officers during training of around 5 miles. Does anyone know if this is true. Has anyone else got medical around the same time? Chris (first time poster)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.