Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. GUD
    Started by GUD,

    Hello everyone. i hope you dont mind but id like to get somthing off myc chest, for all the police officers currently serving and that have served you are the most luckiest people in the world. i was born in the UK and moved to australia and in may 2007 i came back ive known for a long time i would like to be a police officer its the only thing im really truely passionate about how ever im so frightened that i will not get in as my health hasnt been the best and im currently working on it i have had major heart surgury (im fine now been cleared by doctors) but at the moment i have siatica in my leg that im currently sorting out other than that im quite fit and healthy. …

  2. sarah1
    Started by sarah1,

    Just passed my vetting with the met and waiting on references to be done. Is it possible if you can transer your application to another force or am i too far on in the recruitment process now?

    • 2 replies
    • 773 views
  3. domb
    Started by domb,

    Hi, I tragically failed my final interview last December and after shock, anger and dispair have passed i'm 100% sure i want to try again. What i want to know is do i have to wait until the date of my final interview last time before i apply again (for the 12 month period) or can i apply when the date of my initial application comes around? which would be a lot sooner. the force i'm applying to is Strathclyde.

    • 3 replies
    • 540 views
  4. jamo1545925601
    Started by jamo1545925601,

    Is it pretty normal to feel like you did really badly afterwards (although you did months worth of prep) Is it normal to think that everyone else at the day apart from you seemed to be really calm?? Feel completely annoyed with myself and that I have not done myself credit, I had good examples for the interviews which matched the questions but I felt the way I answered was hesitant and vague. I completely fell apart in the first role play, but got slightly better for the other 3. PIRT and written tests I felt I did ok.

    • 16 replies
    • 533 views
    Captain Carrot1546081000
  5. beady
    Started by beady,

    hi, anyone go to assessment centre on the 14 july? wondered if anyone has heard back yet?

    • 0 replies
    • 378 views
  6. FoxWolf
    Started by FoxWolf,

    Okay, South Wales Police. Did so well to get tot his stage and then suddenly I get a letter stating that "as a result of unsatisfactory vetting your application is unsuccessful and has been withdrawn from the recruitment process." follwed by a "Under the current convictions/cautions policy, you will not be eligible to reapply to south wales police". Um, I only recall having a reprimand when I was 14 for breaking and entering. I'm 21 now and don't think that was the problem. I know my mother has had previous for Fraud offences and I've been told by people who know other police officers that because I still live with her that it might be the reason why I am facing r…

  7. Just Hector
    Started by Just Hector,

    Hi Any one on the Met transfer/rejoin course 11 September?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. hellox3
    Started by hellox3,

    Anyone applied during this wave? (opened 25th Feb for 24 hours). Ive almost finished my application form and wondered if anyone wanted to enjoy the journey with me - lol.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. dtrofimczuk
    Started by dtrofimczuk,

    Hi there, just a quick question about vetting. I'm filling in all the forms at the moment and in the section where it asks about have I ever had involvement with the police I was just wondering whether I should put down that I got stopped by a PCSO for cycling on a pavement. She took my name and address but I never received any letter or fixed penalty notice. It happened about 8-10 months ago. She said if I was caught again doing it in the same area this I could get a fixed penalty notice. Anyway, without going into detail, I think she was doing it because she had nothing else better to do and I was cycling slowly on the pavement to my doorstep! Surely this is not anyth…

  10. spanish89

    Hi, about 3-4years ago now i was the victim of 2 seperate domestic assaults. (1 from my sister, 1 from my dad) They werent especially serious incidents at all though, just minor assaults, and with no hard feelings between us by a few days later, and the incidents just never mentioned between us again. However as i was just 15/16 back then, and so had to live in family house but didnt want to forced to be in an enviroment where i didnt feel totally safe / combined with the heat of the moment , i went to the police a few minutes after both of the incidents, and filed allegation n statements. The outcomes were that they phoned my dad, asked him to come into the statio…

    Merlotmonster
  11. janinnegibson
    Started by janinnegibson,

    Hi again, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there's going to be any anywhere? I heard some news that they were going to be cutting jobs rather than recruiting more people, news i didn't take very well as this is my last chance being that i am 31 :-( Any help/news would be greatly appreciated. Janinne (wannabe PC)!!! x

  12. jibberjabber74
    Started by jibberjabber74,

    Hey all Ive just been reading the various vetting threads and i am cacking it now lol. How strict are they on accurracy for employments dates and the amount of jobs you've had. You see i am a contractor and have had a shed load of jobs within the last 5 years, my problem is some only lasted a month, though ive put all jobs i can think of, im not to accurate on dates would this matter alot in the vetting? Thanks from a serious worried wannabe

    • 6 replies
    • 821 views
    jibberjabber74
  13. Finn
    Started by Finn,

    Just looking for some advice, after looking on the Met careers website and constantly ringing the recruitment line to see when the next recruitment event will be, today I logged on to policecouldyou.co.uk. YES YES YES!!!! As of today they are finally recruiting, with applications to be in by the 7th August. So I swiftly followed the link back on to the Met site to find out the details, to find nothing! I then phoned the recruitment guys and gals, to be told (in a very blunt manner) "that is was a VERY small recruitment campaign, and that it will be advertised online, radio and the press. And there may be a number to telephone or text" They would not give me anymore i…

  14. Neri1983
    Started by Neri1983,

    Hello, there is one possible interview question that is causing me trouble: "Why did you choose to join (your chosen force)?" I can't exactly say "I don't care what force i'm in, I just want to be a police officer!" Any tips or views to get me heading in the right direction? Thanks.

    • 5 replies
    • 462 views
  15. eddo
    Started by eddo,

    Hi all, I Receieved a email today from Merseyside recruitment saying; Thank you for your application for the above post. I regret to inform you that you were not successful on this occasion you have declared 9 occasions of sickness which is over our sickness policy. The reason I query this is that I have been off for 9 days this year, 1 due to sickness and 8 days for a minor operation which I have a sicknote for which just meant i was off due to not being able to drive. Looking at the application form it states; During the last three years have you been absent from work for more than 24 days? No How many days sickness absence have you taken over the last three year…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.