Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. kkre5634
    Started by kkre5634,

    Hey I applied last year and failed the assessment day by 1% siggghh. I'm looking to apply again and give it another go. I know they've had a big intake recently so they might not be holding any 'application form giving days' soon, but i'm just wondering if anyone would have a clue when the next one would be? On their website they say instead of looking at their events page look in 'local press'. Any idea where I should be checking? Last time I noticed the advert in Heat magazine in the hairdressers! I don't go there too often Do you think it's be advertised in London paper or Metro? Cheers in advance for any responses,

  2. donaldj
    Started by donaldj,

    hi can anyone tell me if strathclyde are closing recruitment as the end of july i have a mate training at the moment and he has told me this can anyone in the know confirm this .

    • 1 reply
    • 194 views
  3. RichDRFC
    Started by RichDRFC,

    Hello All Got my A/C tomorrow for sussex. I just have a quick question about the compitency based interview. I think I have my answers prepared for the compitencies I will be asked about which are; - Problem Solving - Teamwork - Resilience - RR&D How likely do you think it is that the interviewer will start the question with "Other than the example on your application form can you give me an example of.................."? The only reason I ask is because for one of the compitencies I dont really have an alternative answer other than the one I stated on my application. Thanks again Rich

    • 8 replies
    • 400 views
  4. Mook
    Started by Mook,

    Just got my start date of 01/09/09 for South Wales Police, got my uniform fitting on 22/07/09 but I understand I need to supply my own boots. Anybody got any recommendations? Thanks!

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. Benj08
    Started by Benj08,

    Hey, I have my AC on the 20th August, just wondering if anyone else has theirs then or if anyone has any advice, Thanks Ben.

    • 4 replies
    • 153 views
  6. Hydie
    Started by Hydie * ,

    Hi everyone, I applied to the west mercia constabulary but unfortunately due to terrible nerves on the day i really didn't do my best and achieved a score of 50% which was a remarkable feat. all on its own, exspecially since how bad i feel i did. 50% overall 55% RRD 90% Oral 46% Written D grade in RRD NO I would just like to know what forces accept 50% i live in the west midlands, west mercia would have been the closest what forces do you suggest? Thanks for any advice/support Matt.

    • 8 replies
    • 600 views
  7. sarah1
    Started by sarah1,

    Hi guys, i have a real dilemma and any advice would be appreciated. I applied for the met but I really didnt think i would pass all the paperwork and assessments first time round so I also applied for a PCSO for GMP as thought this would help me gain an insight into the job until I could apply again. Anyways I passed my day 2 for the met and have passed vetting and am waiting on a start date but due to the massive backlog i know this could be a while. Now GMP have offered me a PCSO start date of the 17th Aug, im worried i turn this down and then something happens in my application for the Met and I dont get through and im left with neither options. So my dilemma is…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. bobby2907
    Started by bobby2907,

    Hi Is anybody else starting on the 16th March (PC)?

  9. kirstyhulley
    Started by kirstyhulley,

    Have passed AC wooo! And I know its now waiting on the fitness test, however for the security checks and references, what do I need? What I mean is, I have seen somewhere you need your educational certificates?? I don't have these as I lost them when I moved house..do I really need them? Surely what grades I got in my GCSE's isn't over important as they will be more interested in gaining my work references?? I would think if I contacted the school, I could get them, but not sure? How long do they keep peoples records for?? Help appreciated :)

  10. aimes1987
    Started by aimes1987,

    Hi All, As you will see from my signature, not in yet but fingers and toes crossed I will be at some point this year! Can someone please tell me what the salary is once you start your training at hendon post september 2009? Also, how much does it go up to once you've finished your training? I know the met is different to most forces! I've also heard that the pay increases each year in September. Do PC's get paid overtime? I thought it was £28,500 in training rising to £31,000 once training is complete. Is this right? Many thanks! Aimes

    • 32 replies
    • 2.7k views
  11. kirstyhulley
    Started by kirstyhulley,

    Have passed AC wooo! And I know its now waiting on the fitness test, however for the security checks and references, what do I need? What I mean is, I have seen somewhere you need your educational certificates?? I don't have these as I lost them when I moved house..do I really need them? Surely what grades I got in my GCSE's isn't over important as they will be more interested in gaining my work references?? I would think if I contacted the school, I could get them, but not sure? How long do they keep peoples records for?? Help appreciated :)

    • 0 replies
    • 138 views
  12. playuk
    Started by playuk,

    Hi, does anybody know of any forces currently accepting applications?

    • 1 reply
    • 343 views
  13. jp2uk1546620308
    Started by jp2uk1546620308,

    Just a quick post for my friend. She posted her application off to: PoliceApplication.HQ@GMP.Police.uk; however has not recieved confirmation that it has been recieved... Did anyone else get this or do GMP not do this Auto e-mial thingy majig????? JP

    • 1 reply
    • 235 views
  14. Lydia86
    Started by Lydia86,

    Hi guys, I passed the assessment centre for Cumbria back in January but have recently found out that GMP are having a small recruitment next tuesday (14th July). After much consideration I'm thinking about transferring my application to GMP next week but am wondering if it will actually be worth it. I'll have to do a final interview and anticipate this to be really nerve wracking but possibly worth it if the process is quicker through GMP. Also if i do decide to transfer, should I be letting Cumbria know first before contacting GMP? Any advice/answer would be much appreciated as I really haven't got a clue. Thanks! Lydia xxx

    • 2 replies
    • 450 views
  15. aperry812
    Started by aperry812,

    hello Can anyone help me please? I passed my medical for essex police today but i would like to know...................how long do i wait for any contact from recruitment - i.e urine sample result, start date, vetting if any probs or passed. i dont know what to expect so if anyone could help i'd be most grateful...even if your not with essex i'll be interested in what you went through. thanks alot andy

    • 2 replies
    • 699 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.