Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. HarryBosch
    Started by HarryBosch,

    Hi Folks. I'll shortly be attending the assessment day for Central Scotland and was wondering if anybody had done this recently? Just wondering what to expect on the day and looking for any advice really. Thanks folks.

    • 0 replies
    • 478 views
  2. hm204
    Started by hm204,

    Hi all, I was wondering whether you had any advice on criteria with which to choose london boroughs! I understand shift pattern is a starting point. I am living on the hertfordshire/buckinghamshire border but am open to moving pretty much anywhere! Many thanks for your help

    • 0 replies
    • 270 views
  3. Atterbury5686
    Started by Atterbury5686,

    hi everyone, I hope to be starting my training for the MET in january, had my day 2 on the 1st of June. Can anyone tell me do we get to take any driving courses in our probationary period or not. Also, if we are lucky enough to get a placement at a section house how much is it a month? Is there plenty of space for the intakes. Thanks for your help. Mike

    • 1 reply
    • 502 views
  4. buewils
    Started by buewils,

    Hello, i have just applied for the police and been offered an initial interview. When applying i stated i had no convictions, however when i was 14 i was asked to attend a police interview about an incident involving damage to a neighbours wall. As far as i am aware i was not cautioned for the offense but the more i think about it the more i am panicking about not mentioning it in the application incase i was cautioned. Being of a young age i was a little taken back by the whole experience hence the confusion to what actually occured on the day of that interview. I don't want to get so far and be told my security failed cause i didnt disclose this information. Would it be…

  5. scorpio80
    Started by scorpio80,

    All any info would be greatly appreciated. I spoke with Essex Police recruitment the other day and asked about transferring my application to Essex Police. The lady was really kind and gave me all the information I needed, saying she would send out other documentation for me to fill out. She stated that Essex Police would accept my results from the assessment centre and I needed to provide all the relevant information. But in checking the Essex recruitment website today I have come across this…. ‘’We are currently processing applications from our last Recruitment Campaign. Dates for any future campaigns have not been finalised, please visit this page at regular int…

    • 3 replies
    • 546 views
  6. OllieG
    Started by OllieG,

    Hey everyone, I was just looking for some information about essex police training, Is it 18 and a half weeks at Chelmsford or is it on Borough training aswell. Whats the shift pattern for training? and one more, whats the start rate of pay for essex? I have passed all my stuff and now just waiting for a start date and cant find this information out anywhere, Can someone please help?

  7. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hello. I attend the assessment centre in two weeks time. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me what types of questions come up in the assessment centre interview. Thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 259 views
  8. Dazzamp
    Started by Dazzamp,

    Hello All I am currently a serving Special Constable and have been through vetting before with regard to this post.I joined up 3 and a half years ago and loving every minute. Read alot of stories of people failing vetting for a number reasons and some for no reasons stated.I am currently being vetted as of 8th july and just wondering if it actually makes a differance having been through vetting before really? Circumstances have not changed at all and also wondering if i do fail will i be compromising my post as a Special? Have been in touch with vetting officer and still ongoing! Would appreciate comments on this Many thanks DAZZAMP

    • 7 replies
    • 849 views
  9. GeneralGinger
    Started by GeneralGinger,

    Just wonderd if anyone was traveling up this weekend to see the recruiting team at the edinbrough mela festival?? Im getting the train there overnight and going to bombard the officers with questions then train it back home following day, let me know if you planning on attending, or if you want me to ask a Q for you let me know and ill post what they say on hear.

    • 0 replies
    • 221 views
    GeneralGinger
  10. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hello. Can anyone please tell me if I could use a voluntary work reference even though I have been working at the place for only two months?

    • 2 replies
    • 497 views
  11. cat162
    Started by cat162,

    I finally got the phone call to say that I have got into GMP as a Special and I now have my Uniform Fitting next Tuesday. I can't wait!!! Thanks to everyone who has helped me through the process, it is much appreciated. I know there are few others who have also been successful so congratulations to you too and hopefully I'll see some of you at Sedgley Park in September.

    • 7 replies
    • 758 views
  12. jp2uk1546620308
    Started by jp2uk1546620308,

    Hey guys, As you can tell by looking at my signature, I have applied for several roles, hehe! I just want to get a career sorted in the service, however I was just wondering, I have applied for PCSO and Police Officer however have seen another role for "Emergency Call Handler" and am considering this too... Any feedback as to whether this is also classed as a different role that I could add to my application status???????? hahaha JP

    • 8 replies
    • 706 views
    jp2uk1546620308
  13. pound
    Started by pound,

    Does anybody know what date GMP get paid every month?? x

    • 2 replies
    • 359 views
  14. iceweasle
    Started by iceweasle,

    Im starting at Hendon on 12th October and had my pack through the post the other day telling what i would need to bring, i just have a couple of questions about it if anyone can help? Firstly ive obviously been told to bring my own boots but there is no mention of bringing any sort of smart shoes to be worn with a parade outfit, i read somewhere on this forum about polishing shoes and wondered if they provide those or are they just not needed atall and im completely on the wrong track here? Secondly, i have my start date confirmed but no mention of a uniform fitting, ive read several things on here about uniform fitting dates before the actual intake date and wondered i…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. JoJaMo
    Started by JoJaMo,

    Hi, I am in the process of my 1st application into the police at the moment. I am just wondering if people can tell me how many attempts it has taken before they have been accepted into the police? I have friends who have applied between 3 & 5 times, is this about average? Has anyone been accepted on their 1st attempt? Also, is it accurate to say that if i was to get through to day 1, and then fall at this hurdle, i do not then have to go through the competancies again? Any help would be appreciated as I would like to have an idea of what lies ahead with this being my 1st application. Many Thanks Jo

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.