Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Are there any for becoming an Officer? What gets assessed?
-
Hi, I have got my 2nd interview for Strathclyde Police coming up and finding it difficult to find the information about Tulliallan and the breakdown of the 14 weeks training, anyone got any ideas? Much appreciated!!
-
Hello everyone, I am currently awaiting a start date and alongside looking for work in the meantime I thought rather than twiddle my thumbs I should be proactive in regards to my future career. I was wondering if any of you know if there is any way that I might get my hands on some useful material that I will be studying as a student officer. I want to stay on the ball and start to prepare myself. Have already been looking at PACE etc. Thanks in advance.
-
pushed 39 pulled 33. gutted. now i have 6 weeks to improve before i try it all again. soooo annoyed with myself! cant get it out of my head. I have improved loads on the push element but pulling seems to have been slow progress. what exercise can you do if you cant do pull ups as i havent got a fixed bar and am not sure how else to do them!!!! tried seated rowing and normal rowing i guess more of the same is a good idea. if you have any tips they are gratefully received!!! Jen
-
I'm currently applying to the Met and have a question about hair length. All the pictures I see of police officers have very short hair and every officer I know has short hair. I however do not, I have cut it down as much as I feel comfortable with at the moment but really don't want to go too much shorter. I am aware that the stipulation is for hair to be smart and tidy and if it's long then should be tied back, problem is my hair is too short to be tied back but longer than every picture of any police officer I can find. Now I would shave myself bald if the job requires but rather than do that I'd thought I'd ask on here first. My hair currently is very similar to …
-
Sorry, if I have got this wrong on the way I have done this but I am new to this forum. This is a question to anyone kind enough to answer me who may be or have been in a similar position. Having read many posts on this forum over the last few days, and hearing of several success stories, I intend to spend the next 5 days maping out my life and relatives/friends/associates to fight a failed vetting for the Police. The failure was confirmed as because of associates and I have absolutely no idea who this may be, which is why I intend to follow this course. Can anyone who has followed this or any other route successfully help me further? I intend to send a response, guided…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dont understand.been a special in the met for two years.i transfered my met score to essex.im on independent patrol,iv had over 20 arrests i know how to arrest i know how to do the paper work i know how to put a cris on and do a crimmit and i still have to wait.i have rung them so many times and always get 18-24 months wait.
-
- 1 reply
- 303 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi to all who took gmp a/c June / July we all seem to be in different post so lets all stay on this one to make life easier for us all. As were all in the same boat IE! playing the waiting game. So lets all keep in touch and remember good or bad news we have all done well to get this far. good luck to you all
-
- 99 replies
- 2.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I'm due to start training on Monday, but up 'til last week I was running a pub & was its Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS). From the application form I sent in I was aware that I couldn't hold a liquor licence as a Police Officer so I surrendered it to the local authority last week (and obviously I've resigned from my job too). Problem is that recruitment have just phoned today to check I'd done all this, but also mentioned there could be a problem as my partner is taking over as DPS from me & I am still living on the premises. I've been told that I'll need to fill out a declaration of my 'interest in this business' (I have no financial stake in it whatsoever)…
-
Hi all, from reading through some posts on here, Ive read that some posts that say your fitness test results expire after 6 months????? Is this true?? I hope not as Ive already been told the intakes are full until April, it would be a different story if I'd postponed my own start date. The time between my A/C and medical was 11 months and I didn't have to redo that. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks! Fi x
-
Just thought i would check how everyone is doing on here. Anyone had any good news or anything positive to tell everyone? I am still waiting medical is done 25th august and just looking for a job to tie me and the family over the it happens. Chris
-
- 40 replies
- 1.8k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Does any one have any tips for approaching questions at a competency based interview...as a member of staff not a Police Officer
-
Hi Guys, I was just wondering if anyone on here is applying to Lancashire Constabulary this month? I'm going to give it a shot this time, eventhough i am still quite young. Any Lancashire officers on here with any advice?? Also, i currently work full time - do they contact your employers straight away once an application is received? (sorry i can't seem to find an answer to this on the Lancs website and on here) Thanks in advance
-
- 47 replies
- 5.5k views
- 4 followers
-
-
hey all, I start with northants police on the 16th and i was wondering what happens if you pick up an injury whilst you are in training? i bumped into an old manager of mine today and he asked me to join his basketball team. i am thinking about doing it but as I have been injured playing sports in the past I was curious what would happen if I was to injure myself and how this would affect my training. I have hurt my knee a couple of times, although only once badly, but if i was to be forced out of training or even dropped back to a later intake then i would be reluctant to join his team as my career is more important to me at this point. cheers for any help....
-
I have an application form the CNC. I'm not even sure whether it is worth filling it out as I have debt. I used to have a business which basically went wrong and to cut a long story short I now have a trust deed which I have one year left to make payments on, I believe the English equivilant is an IVA. When I wrote to the Cnc to enquire as to whether I would be exempt they said they look at each case on an individual basis. From what I can gather from the majority of other forces is that I can't apply and may even have to wait a few years after the agreement ends. I haven't been declared bankrupt and have no ccjs, just the mountain of debt for which my interest has bee…