Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jamo1545925601
    Started by jamo1545925601,

    Received the dreaded letter today saying I have failed the vetting for the met, the letter states there is an appeals process section on the metpolicecareers website (by typing Appeals into the search engine box).....have been on the website and there is no search box. Does anyone know anything about this?? I will have to phone up on monday but I am so dissapointed as I thought I had put any contact with Police on the form etc and didn't think there is any 3rd party problems (I know about). Once I find out the reason does anyone know the process in which I will have to appeal, is their a set form? is their a numbers of days I have to appeal? etc and what are the chances…

    • 18 replies
    • 12k views
  2. g7mur
    Started by g7mur * ,

    Hey Folks! I passed my Assessment Day last week and have my Home Visit coming up soon! Does anyone have any tips or hints they could share for it? Thanks in advance

    • 0 replies
    • 395 views
  3. ESPC
    Started by ESPC,

    Hi could anyone please tell me exactly what the recruitment process .involves ? I applied in october and have my Fitness/Set on november 28th Does this come under day 1 or is that the first interview ?

    • 1 reply
    • 229 views
  4. KitKat1987
    Started by KitKat1987,

    Hi Guys, I have passed my Day 1 and have my Day 2 on 26th Nov. How long do you think I will have to wait to get a start date. Do you think internal applications are quicker than external or does that not count?? Many thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 264 views
  5. ESPC
    Started by ESPC,

    I emailed my application form on 23rd oct and have my set/fitness on 28th nov. Is ayone else here similar to me ? I am feeling a tad nervous and trying to run 4 miles 3 times a week, concentrating on getting my speed up for the first mile and a half and doing body pump class twice a week. I would appreciate any advice from anyone . x

  6. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Anybody got any experience of transferring to Dorset? Whats it like as a County to work in? Is it possible to be posted to the North or are all postings to the South of the county initially (a rumour that i ahve heard!)

    • 1 reply
    • 945 views
  7. LMN
    Started by LMN,

    No problem, phoned a serving officer and got what I needed thanks.

    • 0 replies
    • 428 views
  8. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    Beatnik and DarylRichardson Hope you have a good day.

  9. JACK0
    Started by JACK0,

    Hi guys I've been plodding around these forums for some time and decided to join! Im actually working for Essex at the moment in a CJU and want to become an officer, i did have my sights set on the Met or the City but working here i've come across some great people and dont want to leave them! Does anyone know, through the grape vine of course, when Essex may be recruiting again? Also i've printed a specials application, would it be worth filling it in? Any tips you can give wouldn't go unappreciated either!

  10. ChrisW123
    Started by ChrisW123,

    Hi all, I'm sorry to bother you again but it's getting closer to my A/C so I'm trying to stamp out all my worries and doubts in order to maximize my performance. This is for West Midlands Police, but whether it matters is irrelevant. In my Application form the competencies assessed were: Team Work Respect for Diversity Resilience Effective Communication However, in my 'A/C pack' it said the competencies that will be assessed in the interview are: Team Work Respect for Diversity Resilience Customer & Community Focus Oral Communication. I understand that oral communication is how i SPEAK and string sentences together. So, otherwise should I assume they are …

  11. jp2uk1546620308
    Started by jp2uk1546620308,

    Hey guys, Thought I would post this topic so we can discuss the Assessment centre for upcoming ones and to discuss the next part of the process... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE JP

  12. DaveyJones
    Started by DaveyJones,

    I am currently filling in my application form but would like some advice; I wear contact lenses full time but think I would pass the eye test to get in. Can anyone tell me wheather its worth having laser eye surgery, Im worried that wearing contacts would affect my ability as a police officer with my main worry being the use of pepper spray . I've found the following information regarding laser eye surgery and the police force: Radial Keratotomy, Arcuate Keratotomy or corneal grafts are not acceptable. Other forms of refractive surgery such as LASIK, LASEK, PRK, ICRS, epiflap are all acceptable provided that six weeks have elapsed since surgery, there are no resi…

  13. steward205
    Started by steward205 * ,

    Apparently there are enough new recruits for the next 18 months.Could be a long wait to get in I might be retired!!

    • 3 replies
    • 804 views
  14. ChrisW123
    Started by ChrisW123,

    I apologise if a thread like this already exists but I have searched high and low online to no avail. Could anyone kindly point me in the direction of as MANY examples of the competency questions as possible? I do not require example answers, just the Questions. "Try to recall a situation..." for as many of the competencies please! I would really appreciate the heads up! Thanks a lot! Chris

    • 2 replies
    • 637 views
  15. thai
    Started by thai,

    Hi Guys, Passed meds fitness and what have you, got a letter today to say they could not continue and good luck for the future. As My dad is security checked every few motnhs and I have been this year and No one in the family has been to prison ect I can only assume it may that perhaps I had too many sick days in last 3 yrs or too many jobs...How can I find out? I would like to appeal but not sure how then maybe try again with the MET but whats the point if the same issue comes up and I dont know what that issue is? Any help would be wonderfull, as like others feeling bit low but no one said it was going to be for sure i guess. Thanks in advance

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
    churchill Cardiff

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.