Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hey all have just spoken with recruitment who have said I have been invited to the March 2010 intake and they are sending me the forms as we speak, medical form etc to get checked by GP and opticians, and I am just a bit concerened about the vetting The only debt I have is a credit card of 2k, and i last month went over my limit by £50, will this affect me at all?? I know it seems a little thing, but I am so worried about not passing...it's my dream job! Also with regards to references, do they just check with your emaployer that you mentioned or do they check all of your school history and grades etc??? Not that I am too worried about that as I have a good school his…
-
- 6 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have been told today that I have been rejected from the Met Police due to a conviction. Incredibly frustrating seeing as I passed my medical, vetting and my application was ready to go to the placement team. Apparently the review manager has decided to reject it and I have been told to appeal. Although how can my vetting be cleared, when now they are now telling me I have convictions?? (which as far as I am aware I do not have, neither to any relatives) Surely this would have been picked up on? Of course I am going to appeal, but they wont tell me the details and I cannot get hold of my records from the police! Every step of the way I have had to clamber over hurdles …
-
- 0 replies
- 383 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Applied to the police recently and not long ago i recieved a letter back from them and an attached application form. This form was basically the first part again - gender, national insurance, religion, am i a transferee or pcso or special etc. I originally Applied Online. The letter i recieved stated: RE: Application for the Position of Police Constable Further to your application for the above post, please can you complete the attached candidate registration form for our records. Please return as soon as possible. Any ideas on this - Is it a good sign? or just standard process Any insight will be helpful (Title on the form was - Candidate Registration V2)
-
Sorry if this as been covered before. I currently in the final stages of a pcso application and have had a letter through the post wanting more details about my time at my previous employer and the circumstances around my leaving. In short I was employed for a short time as a Field Sales person cold call selling and to be honest was rubbish at it and resigned as I thought it was the right thing to do. The trouble started when I returned car, phone etc to the office some 200 miles away from my home. I was unaware my old boss wanted a meeting and hence returned everything and caught the train home. My old boss was a bit unhappy but we agreed that they could check everyth…
-
Anyone else here hoping for a 2009 start with Northants? Ive been given a "pencilled" slot this November and the suspense is killing me.
-
- 69 replies
- 5.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
In the structured interview at the Asessment Centre can you give the same answers as your application form? I know there is a chance that you will be asked another question to test a specific competancy that wasn't asked on your application therefore it is wise to have in your head examples for all the competencies. Thanks!
-
- 12 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
As intake dates have been placed on hold until next year, I've heard that the next intakes are in March and April but Ive also heard that there is one in January but limited numbers.
-
Hey dudes, Just pondering over my current status in the specials. I am awaiting resutls from the GP for my Blood Pressure to send to OHU Mather Avenue, Liverpool. They have been very patient with me as the next time I go to OHU it will be the 3rd time I have been there with regards to my BP results. Does anyone know what the required BP is for service?? 120/80 I know but I was told that 140/90 and below would be good enough to progress... If you need a furhter mail on info on whats happened and wat my and MerPol Dr has said let me know so you get a btter understanding. JP
-
Hello all, Is anyone in the same boat as me, I applied for Essex in October, had my assesment centre in January, my fittness test in Febuary and my medical in May, i have since recieved 2 letters basically asking if i would like to become a special whilst waiting, the 2nd letter confirming i still want to become a Police officer. Is anyone else in the same boat? Im lucky as im in a job i dont mind but i just want to get started, i just have a felling i could be waiing for some time yet!!
-
Anybody applied for the new shared recruitment scheme?If so anyone had a response? I put a written application in 10th Sept and still havnt heard back, phoned up and left a message today. Whats everyone else progress like?
-
Hi all, looking to join the Met although from reading this forum I realise it will not be until at least 2011/12 if successful. My question is does anyone have any idea when the next recruitment drive will be? I'm assuming it will be well into next year with the amount of applicants currently going through. Any ideas would be a great help. Thanks.
-
- 2 replies
- 1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi I know there are loads of threads about people failing vetting and having to appeal but i was just wondering if anyone has any views whether the following will affect my vetting: when my stepdad was younger (30+ years ago) he got in some trouble with the police but won't tell me exactly what and says that it doesn't matter now as it was so long ago. I have declared that i know he had some contact with the police but not what for. He has just retired from being a Director of Social Services so whatever he did hasn't stopped him progress. my husband got cautioned for criminal damage in 2007, he got into an argument with another driver and hit their wing mirror …
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hey all,Is anyone at Jackton on the 8th Dec for their fitness. My second time so am just up for fitness no set,wondering if anyone else up for same?? Its 4.30pm so thinking maybe itl be bleep test,who knows.....or maybe im joining some that are sitting the set earlier on??? Its a mystery jen
-
Hi, Regards trying to be able to push/pull ~70kg for the LBP entrance test... I'm worried mainly about the pull. I heard there is a seated row machine in a gym next to me so I will try and use that every now and then. However to date I've been doing free-weight chest presses and push-ups - are they enough on their own or do you really need to do something like the row in order to build those back muscles for the pull?
-
- 7 replies
- 767 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Guys, please help. I've been told a few times the general layout of the run up at Fettes but I would REALLY like to know the exact route, perhaps even get somebody to show it to me if that's ok? Regards the dyno, I can try that out at Glasgow. I can also do the bleep test myself. So these are pretty realistic - however, I would REALLY like to try the actual 1.5 mile layout to make sure that I can do it. Can anybody help me out with this? Furthermore, I was just thinking about the different standards required for the dyno for different forces... up here it's ~70kg push/pull... but as you know, there are vents on the dyno machine. I don't know if it's harder to do this w…