Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. pizzahutboy
    Started by pizzahutboy,

    Hey there, I applied to a internal staff position and after submitting the application I got called to an assessment after 6 weeks and then after taking the assessment I got a letter only 2 days later saying that I had an interview. My interview was on the 9th of Feb and I thought it went pretty well and it is now over 2 weeks, I am pretty sure they let you know via letter whether it is a yes or a no? But I have heard nothing? Any ideas.

    • 2 replies
    • 466 views
  2. PaddyMc
    Started by PaddyMc * ,

    Hi guys, I was told by a friend to sign up to this as the people are helpful. I would appreciat any help at all as I have my initial interview coming up. If it's possible, could anyone give me examples of what they have been asked and houw they answered them to point me in the right direction. I have done a lot of research but always looking for more help. let me know thanks n good luck to those who are going through the recruitment process

  3. chicksy55
    Started by chicksy55 * ,

    Hi I have just found out that I have my interview and presentation on Friday (all last min due to a admin error!) Obviously I have got a lot a revision and prep to do in a short space of time and was wondering if anyone had any tips at all?? Esp with the presentation! I will have 30 min prep on day with 10 min to present in. Any help appreciated! Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 280 views
  4. locneverstop
    Started by locneverstop,

    Hi, I'm new round here and I have a small question. I'm interested in a career with the force, but I'm concerned about a caution I picked up. It was for assault for which I was told the whole 'won't appear on your record' line, and subsequently went along with it. The thing is, I was 17 at the time of offence, and 18 when arrested. Do cautions apply to under 18s? If not, surely I can't be cautioned for an offence I commited under 18... On a seperate note, I had a CRB shortly afterwards for a job in a college and nothing came up... Help would be much appreciated!

    • 4 replies
    • 638 views
  5. presidentbush
    Started by presidentbush,

    Ok, So I had a interesting conversation today with a senior officer of my local force about who makes the best students/police officers between PCSO’s or people who have worked in different jobs outside the police. As a student in waiting I felt PSCO’s would have an advantage over myself as they have had the experience of working alongside regular police officers, have a knowledge of laws & regulations and would of dealt with confrontation situations. The officer I spoke to had a different take and felt PSCO’s generally wouldn’t be as good as they often think they know more than they do, so don’t tend to work as hard. Sometimes they have developed bad hab…

    • 58 replies
    • 5.2k views
    Tim in the South
  6. ellen
    Started by ellen,

    Suffok open for regualar police and transfer of assessment centre results but be beware final interview !!

  7. Longarm
    Started by Longarm,

    When did the recruitment department state they would let you know if you had got through the paper sift?

    • 15 replies
    • 1.6k views
  8. RemovedUser18-10-21
    Started by RemovedUser18-10-21,

    So, I was briefly scanning over an application form and it was asking for family details like the address of your Father and siblings for example. The only problem I have is that I don't talk to my Father or any of my other family apart from one brother. I have 4 siblings in total and god knows where my father has got to. Due to the fact I don't know where they all reside what do I fill in on that part for the application form? Also, my Mum managed to get entangled with a man who was an illegal immigrant, they got married and after a few months we finally found out he didn't make the home office aware or the immigration of his being in the country so my Mum shopped him t…

    • 2 replies
    • 638 views
    RemovedUser18-10-21
  9. brad007
    Started by brad007,

    With regards to the competency questons on the application form. On the download application form you only get 4 competency questions. Do I need to think of examples for the rest of the other ones for the interview at the assessment centre incase they ask me questions on those. Thanks guys

  10. LuLu1546620611
    Started by LuLu1546620611 * ,

    Anyonelse applied to Derbyshire Police in July 2008, had a successful application and still waiting for the assessment centre?? I have tried to transfer but most forces will not accept people until they have completed the assessment centre, a catch 22 situation, does anyone have any advice?

  11. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hi all. I need some advice please. I have tried to transfer to merseyside police from GMP and which looks likely to happen. However I have a dilemma, I failed my vetting a few years ago with Lancashire Police. I'm pretty certain it's due to my brother-but I have no contact with him and haven't since five years ago. I believe i am of good character, i currently work as a empolyment officer at the jobcentre. Recently spoke to a lancashire police officer who suggested i might have a better chance applying to another force. Should i ring merseyside and explain my vetting worries and have it cleared up? or should i let them read it for themselves when they request my applic…

    • 1 reply
    • 318 views
    RemovedUser18-10-21
  12. AdamO
    Started by AdamO,

    Just come across a massive stewarding firm that are looking for casual, part time stewards. Is this a good idea, as I have heard bad rumours about applications from security guards and the like due to the police not looking on them favourably? I appreciate these rumours may be totally untrue, but if anyone who has stewarding experience and is now in the service could help me that would be superb I did try to get into stewarding before through a volunteering scheme, however unfortunately it never came off. Cheers, Adam

    • 1 reply
    • 263 views
  13. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    Hey, have seen a couple of topics for different forces sharing information between recruits, so i thought i would start one for Northamptonshire. I just have my final medical to go and hopefully will get a start date this year, think there will still be 5 in takes just don't know which one i will be on.

    • 5 replies
    • 784 views
  14. RemovedUser18-10-21
    Started by RemovedUser18-10-21,

    This is probably the dumbest question of the century but I'm asking it anyway! I downloaded the police application form from JoinTheJob but I'm just wondering if all police forces use this application form each recruitment drive or whether a new one is produced every year?! I only ask because it has a question along the lines of "State which police force you are applying for".

    • 2 replies
    • 346 views
    RemovedUser18-10-21
  15. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    Hey, just thought it would be good if anyone is the Northamptonshire recruitment and if anyone has any questions or advice etc.

    • 6 replies
    • 644 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.