Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. stejl1
    Started by stejl1,

    Ive recently applied to become a police officer with North Yorkshire Police but i havent heard anything back yet - does this mean ive failed the application stage - the application states that sucessful applicants will be invited to the assesment centre in the next week (march 17th - 22nd) ??? thanks

  2. spann89
    Started by spann89 * ,

    Hi there! I am currently downloading the application pack for Notts and was wondering whether or not to print it off in black or white. I am extremely nervous as it is my first time applying and don't want to fall at the first hurdle because of this. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards, Matt

    • 5 replies
    • 496 views
    Iceman_gooner
  3. PC Winstanley
    Started by PC Winstanley * ,

    Hi all. I applied to Merseyside Police on 21st January this year and I havn't heard anything back. Should I be worried? When I applied last year it only taken them 2 or 3 weeks to get back to me saying I had been unsuccessful. Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 621 views
  4. skomer
    Started by skomer,

    Hi all, can anyone tell me where the initial training for Dyfed Powys Police takes place? Was wondering if its in the police headquaters in Carmarthen? Thanks for any help

  5. harfi
    Started by harfi,

    All, Currently have an application outstanding with MET's, awaiting start date just like every one else. If i were to cancel my application, would i have to wait 6 months before being allowed to re-apply to another force? Thanks Harfi.

    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  6. clare7066
    Started by clare7066 * ,

    Hi, I failed my assessment day again on my written communication. I scored 33%. My overall score is 71%, this is the second time i have completed the assessment day so I have to wait 6 months and re-apply from scratch. I am currently a PCSO with 4 years experience, i have AS level and GCSE grades B's in written language. Im not an illiterate person, however I can not jump the hurdle of the wriiten exam. I have many examples which I can demonstrate my abilities in written comms. As I have worked within one town and live in another I know many members of the community and have helped my force achieve many targets in relation to sanction detections, drugs intelligence and…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. emzlou
    Started by emzlou,

    Hi! :) i would like to join the police and was wondering if anyone knew if you need a degree (any degree) to join or get promoted. I would like to join as soon as possible and so i was thinking of applying when i'm 18 (currently 16, nearly 17) so i have to make a decision whether to go to uni for 3 years rack up debt and then go or go straight away. Is there any advantage of having a degree? Also does anyone know what the training is like? I heard you have to get 5.4 on the bleep test .. piece of cake i got 11 but otherwise i don't really know anything about the training.

    • 9 replies
    • 2k views
    RemovedUser18-10-21
  8. becky x
    Started by becky x,

    Hello, Can anyone help me plz, Im reli interested in joining the west mids and I know that the recruitment isn't open yet, but does anyone know when or if they will be? Plz help, thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 565 views
  9. emzlou
    Started by emzlou,

    Hi :) i'm looking to apply for the police as a PC and was wondering what the training they give you is like. Also how long does it take to train to be a PCSO or a SC and how is the training different. Thanks!

    • 2 replies
    • 552 views
    Follow The Sapper
  10. warren1981
    Started by warren1981,

    Hi All, Just been trawling the net and found an interesting bit on the upcoming general elections and something that may certainly sway my vote.. The Lib Dems are the only party looking at increasing police numbers, with an extra 3000 officers across the UK. Now I have no particular favour for any party but this is really making me think twice about voting the Lib Dems as I can't see any other party wanting to recruit new officers in these difficult times. Just thought i would pass on the above as it made me think, even though I pretty much know they have little chance of getting into power. Warren

    • 4 replies
    • 663 views
  11. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I am applying to Notts on monday, but I have just been made redundant and am looking for alternative employement at present. I know that there are certain jobs that the Police dont like when applying, for example being a publican etc which can affect your application. Does anyone know whether working in the betting industry would be a bar for applying? That is one temporary job I am looking into.

    • 4 replies
    • 512 views
    Times_champion
  12. butmuncher
    Started by butmuncher,

    Hi Guys, Im awaiting my official offer ready for my propsed start date of 22 March, I have booked in for the accomodation at Sulhamstead but only for the first 2 weeks. I was wondering if anyone could let me know what their training timetable looks/looked like for their time with TVP... I know its all modular and due for change in April (not sure if that affects me) but I wondered if anyone out there can confirm what I can expect. E.g: 5 weeks at Suly 2 weeks at station 5 weeks at Suly......... And when is uniform handed out and when do you go infront of the Magistrate? Cheers for anything (even a link) as I cant find anything more specific than the…

    • 11 replies
    • 2.5k views
  13. gregg271
    Started by gregg271,

    Im in the application process but fear that I will be waiting a long time, I know its more about life experience but what sort of jobs gain you valuable experience? and give you more examples for each of the core competencies. Also would it be worth looking at police staff jobs like within HR departments etc.

    • 4 replies
    • 691 views
  14. Drew21
    Started by Drew21,

    Suffolk Constabulary will be sending out 500 application packs on one day only! To register to receive a pack, call 01473 782066 on Saturday 13 March 2010. Lines will open at 9.00 am and application packs will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Phone lines will close once number of packs has been exhausted.

    • 0 replies
    • 291 views
  15. MidlandLass
    Started by MidlandLass,

    Hi. I've got an app with North Yorkshire at the mo and was just wondering if they still use the system of going away to training school for 15 weeks, rather than in-house. If so, is it based in Durham? In addition, I read an old link from 2006 stating NYP have a shift pattern of 2 days, 2 evenings, 2 nights followed by 4 days off - anyone know it this is still the case? Thanks! MidlandLass

    • 0 replies
    • 200 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.