Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. becky x
    Started by becky x,

    Hello, Can anyone tell me if I applied to be a special now with the west mids would I be able to apply for the regulars if it was to be opened soon?? Thanks, becky

    • 4 replies
    • 542 views
  2. npl1977
    Started by npl1977,

    Hi All, Has anyone been through the new process at Tulliallan? Also, does anyone know what percentage the Information Gathering Interview amounts to in regards to passing or is it just a pass or fail? Thanks

  3. fcuk6210
    Started by fcuk6210 * ,

    Hi all, first post so not 100% on the standards but here goes. Does anyone know the upper limit for BP for Thames Valley ideally but any force as i take it they will be roughly the same?? I have had a bad few weeks with losing my job, car problems.... the list goes on, anyway i had my medical and the readings were slightly high. I have now been to my GP with a letter from Occy Health and my BP 134/90, basically i need to know if this is still to high?? Im sure it will settle on the next week as things are getting back to normal now, but would like to know the levels. Many thanks.

    • 4 replies
    • 353 views
  4. Universally_Challenged
    Started by Universally_Challenged,

    Hello to all! I am practicing my maths and have come stuck on how to work out a question's answer, provided below: "A person saves £35 in four weeks. At this rate, how much will have been saved in one year?" A £200 B £250 C £355 D £420 E £455 I have the correct answer given as in the book as answer "E". However, I worked it out as "D": £35 in 4 weeks To get total in 1 year.... 1 year = 12 months (4 weeks in a month)... £35 x 12 = £420 (Answer D) The book gives Answer E as the correct answer...so...I assume: £35 in 4 weeks, 52 weeks in a year... £35 / 4 weeks - £8.75 £8.75 x 52 weeks = £455 (Answer D). My problems comes with my mental abil…

    • 18 replies
    • 860 views
    Universally_Challenged
  5. lukeb1546620621
    Started by lukeb1546620621,

    In my interview for greater manchester police i was asked if id dealt with a religous/ racial scenario where i'd solved a problem. I have never experienced a scenario like that which i can draw upon . So at the time i jus made something up in my head best i could it obviously didn't work because i failed on that and a few other things. Should i make something up again and hope it works this time or shud i be truthful and say i've never experienced that scenario but explain hw i would deal with that type of situation. Your help would be very much appreciated. thank you

    Universally_Challenged
  6. kitykat
    Started by kitykat,

    Hi everyone, I was just wondering if there was anyone out there, who currently has an application being processed with Northumbria Police. I have my medical and my fitness tests next week, but recruitment are not letting anything slip about possible start dates!!! Just wondering if anyone is going to the medical and fitness next week as well?? Or if anyone has heard a rumour of possible start dates!!

  7. kuiboop
    Started by kuiboop,

    done my test on Friday (Essex). Getting results tomorrow. I have had the most nerve racking weekend

    • 2 replies
    • 255 views
  8. glinds
    Started by glinds,

    hi, i've just received my letter to say that my application for strathclyde has been accepted and the next stage will be the exams and fitness,but not be given a date yet. Anyone else the same? Also wouldn't mind any tips or advice on what to learn for interview stages as im quite worried that if i get that far i won't know enough of the right things.

  9. joeyd
    Started by joeyd * ,

    Hi, I found out today that I have passed the initial application phase for the City of London Police and am awaiting a confirmation date for the Day 1 Assessment centre. Does anyone know of any companies based in London who do one to one seminars or courses to practice the various elements of what it is involved on the day? I have found one company called ISP consultancy (www.ispconsultancy.com) who do various training days. But the nearest seminar is in Reading. I would really appreciate any help. J

    • 1 reply
    • 199 views
    police_expert
  10. aw9233
    Started by aw9233 * ,

    Hi, I know it's all a bit up in the air at the moment financially but does anyone know roughly when Avon and Somerset will be recruiting next? Cheers, Andy

    gavincarter1976
  11. edhughes
    Started by edhughes * ,

    Does anybody know when NWP are next recruiting? I appreciate that this was asked about six months ago, but was wondering if anyone knew anything now? I have spoken to the recruitment helpline as per their website but all she could tell me was that they weren't recruiting now and she had no idea when they would be next. It's very frustrating but I can see that many others are in exactly the same boat in almost every other force... Any help would be gratefully received! Thanks in advance.

    • 4 replies
    • 555 views
  12. afcbournemouth
    Started by afcbournemouth,

    I found out last sat that I passed the assement centre for Dorset Police and have found out that all being well with my medical and fitness etc I will start in June!! I didn't expect to pass the assesment centre so I am over the moon!!

    • 1 reply
    • 840 views
  13. ab1982
    Started by ab1982,

    Interesting article regarding A&S Recruitment... CLICK HERE Good to see they are providing a good indication as to when dates are available.. but very very competetive...1100 application forms for 64 PC's!!!! Avon and Somerset Constabulary will be open for applications for the post of Police Constable from Monday, March 22, 2010. This will be a very competitive process as we are looking to recruit 64 candidates to start the training programme in September 2010. We anticipate a great deal of interest in these posts and as such will be limiting the number of application packs allocated to 1100. To request an application pack you will need to phone a dedicated recru…

    • 0 replies
    • 871 views
  14. ceecee83
    Started by ceecee83,

    Hi Guys and Girls, I put in application for a special constable with the Met police and now I am a bit concerned when it comes to the final checks, although I haven't got that far yet. My situation is that I fell behind with some debts due to work related issues and a couple are showing on my credit report as defaulted, but the current balance is lower than that of the defaulted balance. Does anyone know how this will affect the application as I am also with a debt management company, and at the time of being with them my spouse was the only one working and therefore the disposable income was minimal so of course the same situation applies to the amount that…

  15. walshster
    Started by walshster,

    Just a quickie ? As a new constable, do you pay into your pension straight away or is it after basic training or something else ?? . Also, could you choose not to opt in straight away and maybe do it at a later date ?? Thanks Walshster

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.