Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
hi, i've just received my letter to say that my application for strathclyde has been accepted and the next stage will be the exams and fitness,but not be given a date yet. Anyone else the same? Also wouldn't mind any tips or advice on what to learn for interview stages as im quite worried that if i get that far i won't know enough of the right things.
-
- 14 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, I have just transferred my application from the Met to Suffolk after passing my Day 1 and 2. I have been told that i have to do a final force interview for Suffolk by HR, which is something that the Met don't do. I have done some research on this site, but seem to get mixed information, as it appears that there is no set format, and it differs from force to force. I was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction with regards to revision, just so i can be ahead of the game when it comes to D day ( i havent got a date yet). Any info would be greatly recieved. Thanks
-
- 3 replies
- 359 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello I was wondering if anyone on here had submitted an application to North Yorkshire Police and heard whether they had got through yet ? I'm still waiting to hear !
-
I was hoping that someone could point me in the correct direction? I am currently serving in the forces with four left until completion of my time. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> I was hoping that someone could advise me on any qualifications that may aid me in the selection process, or to give me a “leg up” for when I come to apply. I have seen the NVQ’s in policing, but they seem to be more for serving officers, then potential candidates, correct me if I am wrong? Any suggestions welcome.
-
- 0 replies
- 647 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have heard rumors that when the met finally start recruiting again , you would have to become a special first .. and complete a degree or something like that.I am currently a PCSO in the met , and as we cant become specials , it all seems very confusing. Has anyone else heard this ??
-
- 4 replies
- 886 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Normally I just read the wall posts as a guest but I've decided to join up as I wanted to put down my total frustration and disappointment towards all the Police Constabularies across England and Wales. Why do they make it absolutely impossible to get application forms? I mean I spent 4 hours this morning attempting to get a form from Suffolk but just got an engaged tone. Surely there are better ways to get application forms then sitting by your phone for that length of time and getting nowhere? Recruitment events would whittle it down a bit but why have a Police Service where you can have no formal qualifications to join? Of course people from all walks of life can the…
-
- 51 replies
- 4.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Like many on here I've just been mailed the advert letting me know that Surrey are after new officers. Taken from Here! To save myself undue stress & further years of my life, do you know of any other other forces that require a PLC course before even being considered for a role? Thanks Rich
-
- 2 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello Everyone, I have my initial interview coming up in June for Strathclyde Police. Could anyone who has already passed this stage please give me advice on what to expect. I know the basics such as who the Chief Constable is, what my divison is, 6 strands of diversity and the current operations. I would be very grateful if anyone can help. G
-
- 0 replies
- 262 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Everyone! This is my first post since I am in the process of applying for Hampshire for the first time; so I hope someone can help. My main concern is over the job history section as I have had 7 jobs in the past 11 years (all sales related). The application asks to go back to the last 10 years and I am worried that because I have moved around a lot that this will not be looked on favourably. Most of the periods of employment have been around 1.5 - 2 years and I have always moved as a result of my own decision rather than being dismissed or anything. I have been a part-time Fire Fighter for nearly 10 years so I hope that this shows I do have commitment to a job. Bas…
-
I am still not 100% sure if I want to join the police, however I have been researching other organisations/agencies, and I was wondering how easy it is to transfer to something such as Interpol or the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA)? I have been reading up on lots of areas over the past few months, but I can't put my finger on where I definately want to go. The areas I'm mainly interested in are; the police, Interpol, MI5, MI6 and SOCA, however I don't know how they relate to one another in terms of transfers. Does anyone know of anyone who has transferred between agencies? Many thanks, Martin
-
Hi, does anyone know where i might find information on the initial police trianing for Hampshire? I know that it is in Netley, i am mostly wondering if its residential, how long is it for, key elements e.t.c. Being a transfree, I am wondering how the training differs between forces.. Any help would be great, thanks guys x
-
- 1 reply
- 525 views
- 1 follower
-
-
The time is almost here. I've done my practice papers, I've visited two stations, spoken to three probabtioners and a Sergeant station manager, I've read the force aims and reports, I've read the interview questions, I've benched, flyed, pressed up, sat up, squated, dipped and lifted, I've run the 1.5 in 10.50, but I'm still worried I'll miss something. So is anyone else going to be there on Thursday? Forecast is predicting light snow, that'll make for a fun run. Hoping it doesn't freeze, I've never done a bleep test, although I've trained enough to know I can do it, it doesn't make it any less daunting. Hope everyone is ready!
-
- 16 replies
- 639 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm just filling out the application form, and its asking for details of family members. I have two half-siblings who I haven't seen for about 15 years. I do not know their full name (i.e middle names etc) and I have no idea about their date of births or place of birth. This information is not easily obtainable as I haven't had contact with my father for the same amount of time. Do I need to put their details down on the application form? I was considering it, and perhaps including a covering letter explaining the lack of details, but I've read somewhere that covering letters do not get read... Is this true? Above is a quote from jointhejob.co.uk, and the way I read …
-
Hey guys I was just wondering if any 1 has heard back fom Lincs Police yet....? I am anticipating recieveing a letter!!
-
- 23 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys, been browsing the forum for a while, I'm almost embarressed to have this as my first ever post but am hoping it will lead to some reassurance. 2 nights ago I broke up with my girlfriend, she has documented mental health issues and is on a variety of medication. We had a heated argument over the phone with many personal insults back and forth (as most breakups go, haha!), and eventually ended with her hanging up after saying her piece, before I could respond, and the relationship was clearly over. I then recieved a text saying 'Never contact me again', to which I responded basically saying I thought she was a disgusting person and was cutting her out completely a…
-
- 10 replies
- 915 views
- 1 follower
-