Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. sdw1987
    Started by sdw1987,

    Hey, I am due to attend an Interview with the Met with a view to transfering from the West Mids very soon. I am coming, or would like to come to London and work with the Met as i feel the need to move on and London seems ideal. The only problem with this is i am very un sure of the Boroughs and what day to day policing in each one involves. I would be very grateful if anyone could advise me on the boroughs so i can fill out the form the met have sent me and so i have a rough idea of what i can expect and also try to get in somewhere that suits my policing style and background. Any advice welcome. SDW

  2. oswald
    Started by oswald,

    Hey all Been a while since i've been on here. Trying to help my friend. Shes applying for Strathclyde just now and shes looking for help. When i was on here someone sent me a great file or link to pages of questions that were really useful when i was joining. Anyone know the file i'm talking about? Ta Ozzy

    • 2 replies
    • 376 views
  3. Ryan
    Started by Ryan,

    Hi there, I am after a book for use during the recruitment and probationary process. I have had a look on the patrol store and have seen the books available but would like a first hand recommendation. If anyone can recommend me some good reading for the (long) recruitment process, and the probationary period alike, I will be most grateful. Many thanks, Ryan.

  4. mard21
    Started by mard21,

    Hi all, I'm just wondering if any-one has any advice, thoughts or comments to help me with my questions. I recently had my A/C, march 17th, and got 54% which was a fail for Norfolk as I needed 57%. However I wish to transfer my score to any force, but none are taking any transfers at the monent, unless any-one knows anything different? I have spoken to Cambridgesire Police and they would take my result, when they are recruiting. I have seen on there website that they are aiming to recruit towards the middle of this year, and they have also asked a minimum of 9months left on my A/C results. So from March 17th 3months on would be June 17th, I just hope they'll take me and…

    • 2 replies
    • 798 views
  5. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    What is it? All police forces in England and Wales now use the Police Initial Recruitment Test (PIR, or PIRT) as part of their recruitment process for police officers. Tests are often used when people apply for jobs, and that includes jobs in the police service! They help forces to identify if someone has the skills needed to do the job. The results of the tests are taken into account together with other important information about applicants. The Police Initial Recruitment (PIR) test consists of four separately timed sub-tests each designed to measure a different ability. These are: The ability to spell words and construct sentences correctly. The ability to check…

    soulfoodbabyboy
  6. kimison
    Started by kimison * ,

    Hi, I am currently in the process of trying to transfer between forces and would welcome any tips. I have been told the interview will be based on the competency framework and so I can use examples from education and work experience. Really I am looking for tips that will calm my nerves (which are unbelievable) and any examples of questions they will ask. Thanks in advance

    • 0 replies
    • 199 views
  7. Harry Singh
    Started by Harry Singh,

    Having had a good mooch around the forums – I know I should be doing something more productive – I get the impression that a two year wait to become a regular was not unusual even before the economic downturn. Now in the current drive to trim public sector budgets: I see some people getting start dates; others having their applications cancelled because of a recruitment freeze; some seemingly getting in ahead of those who may have waited longer; others being taken off waiting lists because their assessments are more than 12 months old, and some forces extending the invitation to a further interview as part of the weed process. If the bottom line, for what ever reaso…

  8. DevilDog
    Started by DevilDog * ,

    Hi all, I am currently in the process of applying for a police force. I have come across the question "Have you ever been involved in a criminal investigation (whether or not this led to a prosecution) or been associated with crims?" I have given a couple of witness statements and one of them, i believe, was about an alleged rape? Basically i overheard a girl making sexually explicit comments to someone i barely knew whilst i was playing pool with my friends in a pub. I was there for all of about 30 minutes. Apparently, what happened afterwards is that this girl and guy got very drunk, went to a club and "went back to his". A few days later, i found out from one of my f…

    bobbydrake501546081223
  9. tjmac
    Started by tjmac,

    Good evening all Has any one had their results from the Hants A/C that was held on the 23rd March?

    • 0 replies
    • 152 views
  10. si23
    Started by si23,

    Just thought I would create a thread for people who attended the events in January, and hopefully, should have finished the application form by now! We can all keep each other updated in here. Mine was sent off yesterday, recorded delivery. Good luck everyone.

    • 11 replies
    • 2.7k views
  11. help1
    Started by help1 * ,

    Hello Can anyone give some advice please. Last year i became addicted to painkillers and i suffered with depression. I have recently completed a detox programme to come off the pain killers,had counselling but i am taking anti-depressents and probebly will the foresable future. Will my past drug problem and current use of anti-depressents stop me from becoming a police officer? Thanks

  12. S/Sgt
    Started by S/Sgt,

    The on-line application form for the Specials means you need to print it off, scan it back in and then send it through on-line. Only problem is they are saying the file has to be under 2MB, well once I've scanned it in converted it to word it's coming up with over 3MB, anybody know what I can do?

    • 1 reply
    • 330 views
    Pete1546620600
  13. justdamo
    Started by justdamo,

    Hi guys Can anynone give me an insight on when the following forces will be starting a recruitment campaign next? Cumbria, Lancashire, GMP, merseyside and cheshire Any update will be great Many thanks Damian

    • 1 reply
    • 869 views
  14. aliciajade
    Started by aliciajade * ,

    Hi, I'm currently applying to become a special with West Yorkshire, and have got 3 competency questions. I understand the positive and negative indicators, but just wondering what kind of examples are suitable and the best to use. The competencies asked about are; community and customer focus problem solving personal responsibility any help would be great!! thanks in advance!! April x

    • 2 replies
    • 547 views
  15. gazz1012
    Started by gazz1012 * ,

    Hi all i like many others am awaiting fitness and medical after going through background recruitment. As many are aware recruitment as i have been told has been frozen untill april 2011. Are there any relevent courses that would be worthwhile considering whilst im waiting to better prepare myself . I have considered applying to be a special consable but due to working long hours and looking after my 3 year old its not really an option at the moment. any advice greatly appriciated.

    • 4 replies
    • 771 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.