Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. feelgood09
    Started by feelgood09 * ,

    I didnt which section to put this question in? The topic description says it all, is it possible for a friend to go and visit someone who is training to be a Police Officer or is there a strict policy with regards to friends and family coming over to fife to visit someone who is training at the establishment? My friend is going to be a police officer and train over at Tulliallan........im so proud of him. Also do they get to come back at the weekends to spend time with family etc? Also are there any funny stories that I can tell him about training at tulliallan? Also can i get him a gift that might help him on the job? as a way of saying congrats? Your suggestions…

    • 5 replies
    • 2.1k views
    scottishchicky
  2. mikey92831546620435
    Started by mikey92831546620435,

    Good Morning, Does anyone have any insight to what is happening with West Midlands recruitment? I passed my assesment centre in March 09, but due to misdiagnosis of a heart condition my application was on hiatus till the past 5-6 weeks. Currently I am being vetted, touching wood I should pass that, but everytime I call recruitment no one can give me any time frames, one woman (who to be fair sounded rather miserable and stressed) suggested it could take another 18-24 months from now for a start date should I pass the other stages, surely this can't be right? Any advice or sharing of knowledge on this subject would deeply appreaciated. Thanks, Mike

  3. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    Hey all, I am int he throws of joining and waiting for a start date with many others and cant find a conclusive answer to my query. Do you get free, cheaper travel if you live outside greater London (M25) as i am thinking about moving to Chelmsford. Any help or advice is appreciated. Cheers Stu

    • 12 replies
    • 3.1k views
    Iceman_gooner
  4. wilf1546620609
    Started by wilf1546620609,

    Hi, Just to make any interested takers aware - Lincolnshire are recruiting for PCSOs see the link below for all the details: http://www.lincs.police.uk/Join-Us/PCSOs/C...ortunities.html Good luck to anyone applying. Wilf.

    • 0 replies
    • 584 views
    wilf1546620609
  5. Mr So Special
    Started by Mr So Special,

    Hi everybody, I've been lucky enough to get get a placement on the next seminar for PCSO for Cheshire:) Does anyone have a rough idea how long it takes? I know that it's usually faster than PC, especially now! GMP PCSO's said their about 4 to 5 months, I'm guessing that the forms will to be in for around the end of April / start of May if the seminar is the 7th April. Plus, Anyone else going for it? Donkey

    • 4 replies
    • 559 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  6. gregg271
    Started by gregg271,

    Just want to know if I can apply to another force, ive already applied for sussex specials!

    • 4 replies
    • 468 views
  7. phooey
    Started by phooey,

    Hello, I am wondering if anyone could give me any advise. I received a confusing letter saying 'as I was already aware" I needed a foreign security certificate before Vetting process can be started. - when I called the letter writer I as advised that they didn't know ho to go about getting one but that I should 'google' it. I have done so but not found anything that I thought would help me. I think that I need the certificate in respect of my sister who lives in America, but this is just a guess. - I am English born and bred so can't see any other reason for needing said certificate. Can anyone give me information as to what I need to do? Thanks in advance Neil

    • 4 replies
    • 805 views
  8. rescynic
    Started by rescynic,

    Title says it all, I'm in a position where i have multiple forces on my doorstep (4 to be precise) I grew up in 2 of them, my parents live in one of them and i socialize and drink in the other. Which got me on to thinking, what drove your decision to apply to the force you now work for/ applied to?

    • 2 replies
    • 474 views
  9. RemovedUser18-10-21
    Started by RemovedUser18-10-21,

    I'm just wondering how far these checks go and will you fail the vetting if for example, you've downloaded a song for free or if you've watched a TV program that you really shouldn't have watched? Someone said they check your internet history (which I find hard to believe) and also speak to friends and family. True or not?

    RemovedUser18-10-21
  10. AmyPiggott
    Started by AmyPiggott,

    Anyone else heard from recruitment about the 8th March intake for Fife? I'm fine giving that much notice at my work - who else is in?! Excited!!! :) Amy

    • 17 replies
    • 1.7k views
    scottishchicky
  11. Big Slick
    Started by Big Slick,

    Hi, Is anyone else having trouble fitting a decent answer in the small boxes they have provided for qu's 5-10? Anyone know if filling out an online application is an option? Thanks for any help.

  12. JuiceTan
    Started by JuiceTan * ,

    had my interview today,i know that i definitely have not passed. didnt learn enough about the force couldnt even answer some of the questions about the force the constable asked,suffice to say that alone will automatically fail me. use the force people!!

    • 0 replies
    • 376 views
  13. simon0195
    Started by simon0195 * ,

    I have a friend who is in trouble with the police and can not stay in his home town due to harrasment claims. If he gets bail to my home would it affect me getting in?

    • 1 reply
    • 356 views
    bobbydrake501546081223
  14. starsks
    Started by starsks,

    Anyone else got a start date of 22nd March?

    • 2 replies
    • 690 views
  15. RemovedUser18-10-21
    Started by RemovedUser18-10-21,

    I've been reading peoples opinions on the various role-playing DVD's that are out on the market for the police recruitment process but how good are they? I am contemplating buying the "How2Become" DVD for the role-playing exercises only as I feel I have pretty much everything else in the bag so to speak. Are they really worth it or am I better off making up a few role-playing exercises myself?

    • 1 reply
    • 325 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.