Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jz101
    Started by jz101,

    Hi guys, Currently working in Essex but have always been set on moving to the Met and I see they are recruiting for transferees once again. I'm currently response and level 2 trained in my force. On the Met site it states transferees will go into a neighbourhood or response role. Does anyone know how they decide which role you will go into? Ideally I would like to stay on a response shift. Are there any serving Met officers who have made the switch recently and can offer any advice? Are you pleased you made the move? Also, can anyone offer any pointers on the transferee interview? What does it involve? Any help would be great! Thanks!

  2. popularfurball
    Started by popularfurball,

    Surrey police want you to have the PLC course... The Met want you to have the CKP course... Does anyone know if they are interchangeable? Ie one force would accept the other? Is one course better than the other? Ie which is most worth investing in? And is there anywhere other than Surrey/Sussex where you can do the PLC course? Seems you can do the CKP course all over, but not PLC course?

  3. Rcorsa
    Started by Rcorsa,

    hi all, got my day one tomorrow but I am concerned about the interview. in my application I struggled with a few of the competetencies and now cannot remember what I put. Will they ask me about these specific competencies or can I come up with some other ones? Anyone else in at 0830 tomorrow?

  4. Sunissa87
    Started by Sunissa87,

    Hey guys and girls, I have my final board interview for Suffolk next week! Just wondering if anyone has any tips? I also have to deliver a 10 minute presentation! But I think I have that part nailed.... Just bricking the questions!! Hope everyone is having a lovely day!

  5. saffaguy
    Started by saffaguy,

    Does anyone know how long it will take to get a start date for Surrey Police as a regular PC from the time the assessment centre is passed?

  6. latham1990
    Started by latham1990,

    I have just been given a provisional start date for Derbyshire and have received the security vetting form. I says that they look into whether any close family have any adverse credit. One of my parents is currently in an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA). Now I think that if an applicant is subject to an IVA then this will bar them from joining. However, would the fact that a close family member is in an IVA bar me? I will be calling the HR department to confirm at some point tomorrow, but if anyone knows the answer and could let me know, it would be much appreciated. Thank you

  7. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    I am trying to locate the home office medical standards for the Ministry of Defence Police Officer role. All officers are required to be Authorised firearms trained and to carry their firearms 90% of the time. I have read over the standard home office document 20131007-medical-standards.doc but my questions is, Is there a separate medical standard/additional standard required for AFOs? (Authorised firearms Officers) I am trying to find out if hearing loss is going to prevent me from applying. i emailed them twice but it seems as though I cannot get a straight answer. They directed me to the above home office document. In that document you can be deaf in one ear, no pr…

    All good things........
  8. BLUE BLUES
    Started by BLUE BLUES,

    Ladies and Gents, I will keep this short and sweet. I am currently home counties PC with 6 years in the job. Unformed shift officer with all the usual bells and whistles for courses and Part 1 of Osprey done. Would those in the job recommend transferring to Met West London? What is parking like? Commutes? Are there stations which should be avoided? (again west London ones - I know Westminster would be a joke parking wise!) What has been the experience of those who have transferred into the Met? Also does Met require Osprey part 2? Any responses more than welcome. BEFORE the rants I have asked around but only 'know' one Met PC so would like a broader …

    • 20 replies
    • 2.5k views
  9. saffaguy
    Started by saffaguy,

    I know there is a thread about Met Police recruitment already but its more to do with the application stage and if people have passed or failed their application form. I am waiting for recruitment to open in October but in the mean time I thought I would ask a few questions. Is it boroughs you choose from or is it stations, IE Uxbridge, Hayes and Heathrow Villages (all being from Hillingdon Borough)? If it is Boroughs, how many boroughs do you need to choose from? What are the chances you get placed in the Borough/station you want? Cheers

  10. martyj
    Started by martyj,

    Hi, im about to go through vetting for pcso...anyone tell me what attendance management procedure is??Cheers.

  11. Deketh
    Started by Deketh,

    I'm surprised not to find a thread already on this, so I thought I would start my own. Recruitment has been up for a while, I've been fortunate enough to pass the application form and have a date for the Assessment Centre, and am duly apprehensive about this. Is anyone else applying?

  12. AB25
    Started by AB25,

    Hi all ! Been waiting in the pool to hear my start date and got a phone call from recruitment in Aberdeen earlier this week advising that I would be on the above intake. Still waiting for my contract and to hear where my posting will be. Can't wait for it though. Anyone else going to be on the same course ?

    Gadgets1546621234
  13. horndawg801546620114
    Started by horndawg801546620114,

    Does anyone know what this covers? What topics / areas

  14. Twentyseven
    Started by Twentyseven,

    Hi all I am been informed that the maths tests have changed and you get given a calculator. Does anyone know what sort of maths test you get given in the assessment centre and what I can do to prepare for it. Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 1.9k views
  15. Hopefulguy
    Started by Hopefulguy,

    After 3 years of applying, becoming a Special, additional volunteering and travelling back to the force area I want to join 120 miles each way every weekend I'm delighted that next month I will realise my goal of becoming a PC! All I can say to anyone trying to get in is don't let people/things stop you, commit to a force you want to join and do what has to be done and give it your all. So happy! Good luck to all of you!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.