Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. martyj
    Started by martyj,

    Hi all, Im going through vetting had a email from FCO for vetting clearance...i was under the impression it was done by the force? Anyone know what this involves? Cheers.

  2. shazroxs09
    Started by shazroxs09,

    Hello everyone :) I am new to this but need some advice! I passed my day one assessment on 17th october and have my day two this friday (22nd nov). However, I know my body fat is above 36% and my BMI is just over 32 (1-2 pounds!) Do you know how lenient the met are with this? I know in a week or two my weight will have dropped another 3-4 pounds and I will be under the 32 BMI. I'm worried that on my day two, I will be told I am too heavy and cannot continue with my application. My eyesight and hearing and blood pressure are all good! I don't smoke or drink and I can pass the fitness without a problem. My BMI is the only thing I can think of that will hold me back and I'…

  3. Rcorsa
    Started by Rcorsa,

    Just wondering how many words you all have done? I'm sure it is supposed to be around 30k total but I have done 3 out of the 4 areas and only on 13k so will be around 15-16k once finished I don't know how I can double it! Where it has said explain//describe I have put at least two paragraphs and where it says identify/list I have listed and then explained a bit.

  4. Hellomotouk2030
    Started by Hellomotouk2030,

    Hi All, Does anyone know at what stage finance check is done? Is it at the start of the vetting process or at the last stage of the vetting process? Many thanks. Moto

  5. Rcorsa
    Started by Rcorsa,

    Sorry for another topic, I have a few questions about this and was wondering if someone can help as there are not really any guidelines. It is asking for my absence in the past 3 years. Does this mean every single time I have been ill? Or where I have been Ill for over a week at a time? The reason I ask is because I have around 8 days but nothing lasting more than two days as I usually don't call in sick, I only have 24 hours after I have actually been physically sick other than that I take some painkillers and get on with it. Also, it has asked about my Asthma, I think i had asthma as a child (can vaguly remember using those large cylinder tubes that you shoot an inh…

  6. Rcorsa
    Started by Rcorsa,

    Hi all, I passed my Day 1! I was in the assessment day on the 30th Oct and heard today, I wasn't expecting to hear that quick! It doesn't say anywhere what my score was in the email though. I'm not too bothered but I thought I didn't do too well so would like to know what I actually got. Does anyone know how I get my detailed results? Next to pass the 5.4 bleep test and hopefully I will be on the streets somewhere near you!! Thanks :) (Found out 30 mins ago, currently sitting at my desk at work very excited!)

  7. Jbrown17
    Started by Jbrown17,

    I have recently been successful at the SEARCH assessment centre for Merseyside police, and have a final interview Monday, anyone got any tips ? I am carrying out intensive research into the force and looking at the core competencies. During the assessment centre I was told around 3000 applied and only 300 got the assessment centre surely only half of them will be at the final interview? I don't know how many jobs are available but I hope I am successful at interview.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  8. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi All, Just out of curiosity, if you were given a bad reference which caused your police or any job application being rejected due to it, what would you do? It was a job you have always wanted. Would you give up on your dreams when something occurs that blocks any potential future application? If you won't give up, how would you turn a negative situation into a positive situation? You received no formal complaints or disciplinary actions. None you were aware of. If there was you would be unaware and would have been unable to defend any accusations. If there was complaints made and you were unaware until you received the bad reference years later, what would you do? Y…

  9. steve131546620959
    Started by steve131546620959,

    So after a year long wait I've just had the call to say I'm starting at Tuliallan on 2nd December! Who else is gonna be going down?

  10. Northwalesgirl
    Started by Northwalesgirl,

    Anyone else applied to NWP this month? The window closed on Monday and they've said we should hear by the end of June who has passed the paper sift. My first application with the police and nervously waiting now to see if I've got through the first stage! Be great to hear from other people who've applied :)

  11. njc
    Started by njc,

    Hi all, since a child i wanted to become a police officer but i never did, im now 29 and recently been made redundant so i thought i would look into a career in the police. could you give me advice on this please, What should be my first steps? I also left school without any gcse's, is this going to be a problem? any help would be appriciated, regards Njc.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. slinsey
    Started by slinsey * ,

    Can anyone help me? My partner is incredibly anxious to become a PCSO in the Met police. He was successful in the last round of police recruitment, but suddenly, and very upsettingly, received a letter after learning he had initially passed his assessment to be told due to 'budget pressures' only the first round of successful candidates were going through. He is watching out every day to see when the PCSO recruitment opens. We know that the Met is currently recruitment for regulars, and we have been told that once this is finished that recruitment may well begin for PCSOs, but it would be nice to have this confirmed, and to also have a date (roughly) when this will happe…

  13. X-Nod
    Started by X-Nod,

    Hello, If I am successful at passing the selection process does anyone know how likely it is that I might get posted to my local Division (which would be D Division)? Or is it a case with the merger that you literally can be posted anywhere Russian roulette style regardless of your mortgage situation family / kids etc? Also at what point in the modules are you made aware of your final draft once you leave Tulli? The selection process is moving much faster than I have read that it has in previous years (which is great for me!) so some forward planning is probably prudent in the interim. Cheers for any information!

  14. SavannahMackie
    Started by SavannahMackie,

    So I am putting my application In for police Scotland on Friday, I have put so much effort in to my application form and have had it checked over by 2 lecturers and a police officer. I have researched so much about application forms and the more I research the more I doubt myself (mainly because they want such a high standard and I read somewhere 75% of people fail at this stage) also I am worried about my age, I am 19 ( 20 in April) and have came from a beauty background, I am scared I won't be taken seriously! Has anyone got any final tips or advice before I put my application in?

  15. jamiemk6
    Started by jamiemk6 * ,

    Hello, I don't know whether this is completely the right section for what I'm going to say but here goes! I am 19 years old, have done GCSE's and A levels and got good grades. Never been in trouble with the police before and have a driving licence. I want to know what is the best way of getting into the police, I don't mind starting at the bottom and working up, but would like a career in the police but unsure of the best way of going about it. Any advice or information would be much appreciated, and I live in Essex if that makes any difference. Thanks, Jamie

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.