Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mostw1234
    Started by Mostw1234 * ,

    Hello North Wales are accepting applications from tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone is applying? This is my first time posting. I hope this is in the correct area!

  2. Kay86
    Started by Kay86,

    Hi All, Posted this question over in the police specials forum before I found this website and got some helpful answers, however thought I’d post here too with a bit more info. I'm hoping to join the MPS regulars, currently in the application process, I’ve got my Day 1 early Feb. Might be jumping the gun but very worried about my sickness record - Last 2 years in work I've had around 40 days off work! Due to 2 freak accidents now completely resolved - no chance of repetition or side-effects. All backed up by medical evidence. In the main these were continuous periods off (not every Monday and Friday for example!) In the preceding 3 years I had 2 days off total. Curr…

  3. nicklebum
    Started by nicklebum * ,

    Currently through the application stage for devon and cornwall and I am awaiting vetting and would like to know approximate time scale for vetting?

  4. saffaguy
    Started by saffaguy,

    Hi All I am in the process with a particular police force as a new constable and I have passed my Search assessment in September 2013. The assessment is valid for 2 years with the particular Force I am in the process with as this is what they have told me. Generally the assessment is valid for 12 months according to the College of Policing. My question is, I am in the process of transferring my application over to the Metropolitan Police, but as everyone knows it is not a very quick process from application to job offer. If I get to the job offer point with the Met but it is after September 2014 (12 months after sitting the assessment) will I have to re do the assessm…

    operationfirestorm
  5. ps09pt

    Hi, I have got through all the assessments and just waiting to hear back on vetting for Met Police 2014. I've applied to the Met grad scheme. I just want to know - is this just a scheme where you build up high level knowledge in various different departments that is designed to enable you to become a future leader when you feel the time is right? The reason I ask is that I don't want to be a Sergeant after 2 years, or Insp after 5. Fair enough to those who do, and I know a Chief Inspector at my current force who is fantastic and only has 7 years in the job, but I just don't want to do that because I'd ideally like to specialise in CID/firearms (Counter Organised Crime/…

  6. courage_brother
    Started by courage_brother,

    Does anyone have any info about when BTP will be recruiting in Scotland?

    courage_brother
  7. Stu1985
    Started by Stu1985,

    Can you still join the police if you are partially colourblind? My mate is applying for specials and isn't really colourblind (can make out primary colours just not shades). But he is worried he'll get past all the stages and fail the medical. Has anyone experienced this or have knowledge of weather you can wear colourblindness corrective contact lenses if you can't.

  8. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    FYI: BTP are recruiting PCSOs, if interested please visit the following website: https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-External/brand-3/xf-5d2bf2d8208b/candidate/jobboard/vacancy/1/adv/

    • 0 replies
    • 741 views
  9. George11

    Hey, has anyone heard anything regarding the above date, last I heard of this was at my Final Fitness test back in October?

  10. VDB87
    Started by VDB87,

    Can anyone give me any advice please. I have been going through the whole process for Thames valley since May 2013. I passed my assessment and then my interview in October. I was given a start date to join I march and now have received a letter to say I have failed my vetting. I was arrested 3 years ago for criminal damage, but was not charged for this. There was no further action as it was not me that done the damage. I declared this from the onset. I even checked with HR and vetting team prior to applying. I need to appeal it but feel so upset and drained by it all. Is it worth me appealing it?! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. KevinC999
    Started by KevinC999,

    Anyone know if this is after your 12 weeks or 2 years?

  12. shazroxs09
    Started by shazroxs09,

    Hi Everyone Has anyone received a start date yet? Feb or March intake 2014? And when did you have your day one and day two assessment? Just trying to get an idea of the waiting time for people. I am waiting for a start date in Feb/March. Thanks :)

  13. mark1284
    Started by mark1284,

    What are the chances of my application being declined due to the following: cu30,cd10 and a fine for not wearing a seatbelt in 2003/4. Yes I was a silly teenager at the time Cheers

    operationfirestorm
  14. SQ1

    Hi I was wondering if anyone can assist me. I have my SEARCH assessment for the Lincs coming up. I have some concerns about the Numeracy assessment, when comparing the books I have read (these are very straight forward) and then comparing them to the information about SEARCH i received from Lincs (the questions are really hard). In addition to this, I have a friend who applied for Norfolk attended the assessment cent and said the numeracy element was very difficult, he said they were linked questions i.e if you get the 1st incorrect you would then get the rest incorrect. This worries me, I am not a maths wizz and if he struggled having A level maths I have no chance …

  15. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Hi, Been looking for somewhere to post this question so pls fee free to move to correct section but it is a recruitment question. I recently passed my interview at UKBA but my application was put on hold and now I am on the reserve list. Simply put has anyone been on the reserve list? and where they ever called/employed? I contacted their HR and was told that persons with a higher score than me would be posted first. I just have no information on how long they might take to look at the reserve list? if ever. What are my chances? I have since applied for the same role in another location, I will try to achieve a higher score on my interview next time. Any advice most…

    operationfirestorm

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.