Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Htm01
    Started by Htm01,

    Hi! New to the forum, so I hope I've got this in the right place! Got my day one next week and I'm relatively confident about it, but I'm less so for if I get through and move on to the day two with the fitness tests. The pushing/pulling are fine, but does anyone know how intense the running is? Also, not the smallest person, so are they massively strict if you're a bit on the larger side? Cheers in advance!

      • Like
    • 33 replies
    • 3.6k views
  2. holliehop
    Started by holliehop * ,

    Is anyone attending the fitness test on the 2nd of April and/or the pre learning weekend on the 5/6th of April? I have been told if pass these I will be on the 19th of May intake!

  3. PC ornot PC
    Started by PC ornot PC,

    Hi, I have my initial interview in a weeks time (just got told about it today). I contacted a local office today and spoke briefly to a new probationer on the phone who I am waiting on an email from. I plan to try and speak to some other people too but though to ask for some advice here also if anyone would mind commenting if they have recently been through the process I would really appreciate it. Many thanks, Al

  4. saffaguy
    Started by saffaguy,

    Good evening I am new to this forum and need some help. I have an assessment day coming up for the regs and was wondering if anyone that has passed this recently have any good tips on what books I should get to prepare me. I am particularly looking at the numerical reasoning test and if there are any books or online pages I could look at to practice. I believe the assessment day has changed since November 2012 and the tests are a lot more difficult. Thank you for all your help.

  5. dman1200
    Started by dman1200,

    Do I need it before I finish my application? ? I'm panicking now cause it has asked me if I have passed or am booked on to a course? ? Help me please! !! Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

  6. MB891546082779
    Started by MB891546082779,

    I'm starting to think I may need glasses, I'm having some minor headaches and blurred vision in the long distance. I've finished my Day 1 and I'm waiting to hear about a Day 2. Should I get it checked before or after the day 2? I should be fine to do the eye test without but should I risk it? I've had a look at the Eyesight, Fitness and Medical forum at the top of the page but I've never had trouble before so the numbers mean nothing to me.

    MB891546082779
  7. Lincs_cop
    Started by Lincs_cop,

    Hello Has anybody been informed tha they are on the Student office intake in July 2014?

  8. nattalie24
    Started by nattalie24 * ,

    I aplied back in july last year and have been successful at each stage. I passed my force interview January 15th, however other than my email to say I was successful I havent heard anything since. Anyone been invited to medical or fitness test yet that interviewed around January? Thanks And by Aplied clearly I meant APPLIED

  9. Tzuchi88
    Started by Tzuchi88,

    Hello there. IM having my day 1 on the 27 of March, which is very soon, and I'm very nervous about it. If anybody has any advice, I'll be really grateful especially regarding the "document template" part that you need to write, for which I'm really afraid. Thank you very much!

  10. Lincs_cop
    Started by Lincs_cop,

    Hello Has anybody on here applied for Lincolnshire Police? I believe there is currently a pool of candidates. does anybody have any more information?

  11. Coltonfyer
    Started by Coltonfyer,

    Hello new to this. Are there any norfolk pc's on here who can tell me a little about how it is to work there? Even better, are there any ex met officers whom now work in norfolk? I'm currently a met officer but am looking at the possibility of a change for family life etc I grew up in norfolk and have family there so am not completely ignorant to the 'culture' of the norfolk peoples. Any help would be great. Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. Window MoP
    Started by Window MoP,

    HI all! I have a selection test for Call Handler with west Mids tomorrow evening. Just wondering if anyone can give me any idea what to expect? From what I can see online each force varies between competnecy based interviews and mixing them with typings tests and/or role played calls. Does anyone have any recent experience of similar or any tips/advice? I have a list of competencies already prepared from a previous interview for a similar non Police role, and my day job involves listening and typing at the same time so i have lots of practice in for that anyway. Any help appreciated!

    • 0 replies
    • 897 views
  13. newby11546620625
    Started by newby11546620625,

    Hi Guys and girls, Got my provisional start date for Tulialan - April 2014 -Anyone else been given this date?

  14. Jason96
    Started by Jason96,

    Hi everyone, Recently new here, just a quick question about the competencies really, I have a few ideas on how to answer the interview questions from work situations. I am mainly wondering if I can use examples from other aspects such as team sports for example I have been a captain and assistant captain for my team for many years so could I use experiences from these roles within the working with others competency? Any feedback would be great. Thanks Jason

  15. Mickyblue
    Started by Mickyblue,

    Hey guys, Brand new to this. I'm supposed to be starting in the Met On the 31st of march. But I desperatley need clarification on something. On the met website FAQ's it states "From the 1st September 2008 on joining the pay is £22,104 and on completion of initial training (end of 31 weeks) it rises to £24,675. In addition all Metropolitan police officers receive London weighting and allowances amounting to £6,501 on top of the national police pay scales. Therefore during training pay will be £28,605 and after £31,176." However colleagues that were on my CKP course have said this isnt the case. and your stuck on 28860 (including London Weighting) for 2 years! …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.