Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. meatbinbanquet
    Started by meatbinbanquet,

    So, I did my assessment centre on Tuesday. I havent had any feedback or results, but have received an email asking me to go for a fitness test next week. Surely they wouldnt ask me to go if I had failed? Any opinions?

    meatbinbanquet
  2. Ghostkai
    Started by Ghostkai,

    Hi all, new joiner on the forums! So today I received my offer of employment from the Met. The plan is to start on May 27th, but they need confirmation of CKP being complete by the 16th May. Now, to be clear, I have enrolled on a CKP course (I start this Sunday) and it'll be finished June 29th. I didn't want to commit to a CKP (which is a substantial amount of money) until I knew I had passed my Day 2. If for whatever reason I was deemed unfit for service it would have been £950 down the drain. I have tried contacting Recruitment numerous times about changing my starting date to be an intake after my CKP completion but I am getting zero responses. The recruitment hotli…

  3. kikoo79
    Started by kikoo79,

    Hi everyone. I need advice and have thought you would be the best to answer my question: I am a French young man (24 y old) currently seeking a 6-month training period opportunity in the UK in the field of translation or languages as I graduated in Foreign Languages and have some previous experience. I would like to know if there are opportunities of doing such a training period in the Police forces. Did someone ever hear about people having done so? If you have addresses or contacts you can give me, it would be kind. Also, is being-a-non-uk-citizen an obstacle (homeland security issues..)? Thank you !! Henri kikoo792008-04-15 10:18:11

    • 8 replies
    • 2.3k views
    MetroBroadway
  4. KevinC999
    Started by KevinC999,

    Exams all passed Parade day on Friday Can't wait!!!

  5. tinamc8
    Started by tinamc8,

    Have any of you folks came across these ads? Found them yesterday, an interesting watch especially for those of us embarking on this new career.

  6. irishwarrior
    Started by irishwarrior,

    Metropolitan Police Recruitment Video: This is quality!

  7. Garner1546621269
    Started by Garner1546621269,

    Hi everyone, Just wondering if there any any regulations with boots in the MET? I've heard really good thing about LOWA boots http://www.patrolstore.com/Lowa-Boots-Patrol-p-613.html. Are these allowed in the MET? Thanks

  8. ThunderHawk1994
    Started by ThunderHawk1994,

    Morning, all :) I'm due to start at Hendon, on the 28th of April, as a New Police Constable (External). Naturally, I'm very excited if a little apprehensive. I've wanted to be a Police Officer since I was six years old. (Copious amounts of The Bill/Road Wars and whatnot) My questions are: i) What's the standard of training like? I'm sure it's excellent, but will they expect us to be familiar with all the major offences? The reason I ask is because, I've a friend on the March intake who claims that some people are panicking about the upcoming "KEE's" because their CKP provider did not administer a broad enough curriculum. ii) What standards of discipline are required…

  9. MLFB88
    Started by MLFB88,

    Hey everyone, I thought I'd start a new topic area for the recruitment in April. Received an email today from the MET saying I am on the course commencing 28th April. Did anyone else get this email today?

  10. irishwarrior
    Started by irishwarrior,

    Morning all. For those of us who are starting on April 28th, we should be getting our posting notices today or tomorrow hopefully. Best of luck and i hope you get what your after... ??

    Gary Watkinson
  11. irishwarrior
    Started by irishwarrior,

    Anyone got their borough posting yet. The met is cutting it fine...

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. mattuk15
    Started by mattuk15 * ,

    I live in gloucestershire area, and need to do the CKP and wondering which one to do distance learning or attend a college as the college close enough is Wales, North Warwick, Weston so bit of travelling to do. Need some advice weather it is worth doing long distance learning or not? Also if any one has taken the course how hard it is.

  13. Bazinga
    Started by Bazinga,

    I understand you can only apply to one force at once... I have applied for CNC in feb and haven't heard back yet as to if I have got through to AC but my area are opening recruitment this week, does this mean I cant apply? Would I be able to withdraw the CNC one and switch to this. Both are fantastic opportunities but it would mean I wouldn't have to relocate. Thanks

  14. TooTall90
    Started by TooTall90,

    Hi all, I am due to start as a PC after applying internally as a special in March 2014. I understand that the day one starting pay in the Met is £22,221 + £6,615 = £28,836. Leaving the £6,615 out of the equation as this wont change as it's the allowances... how does the Met pay progress? I have got the latest pay scales from here: http://www.policeoracle.com/pay_and_conditions/police_pay_scales.html Do you go up yearly as a PC? Or do you receive the next increment after successful completion of probation? I guess to illustrate my question: Year 1 (On joining) : £22,221 Year 2 : ???? (£23,000?) Year 3 : ???? (£25,000?) Many th…

  15. saffaguy
    Started by saffaguy,

    Does anyone know if there is parking at Ealing police station for private vehicles? If not is there residential parking without vouchers nearby? I have been posted to Ealing and this is causing me a few problems in regards to getting there. Thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.