Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. oodlydoodly

    Hi all I am still trying to help my husband fill out the recruitment vetting form and there is the following question: "Has any partner, relative, associate or co-resident been involved in any criminal investigation or involved with Police, Military or any other statutory or prosecuting authorities?" 1. Would stop and searches fall within this question? 2. What is the smallest thing a "criminal investigation" or "involvement with the police" would cover? 3. Does it have to be an arrest? 4. What if someone is stopped in a park when they were 14 and had alcohol taken off them? 5. What if there is someone who cannot remember exactly whether he himself was s…

  2. mekiz
    Started by mekiz,

    Anyone interested in a free insight session for CKP on 14th June contact Jacqui on 07701016002.

  3. Gav329
    Started by Gav329,

    How you doing folks? Question is; Im a new probationer for police scotland. So do any of you guys on here from police scotland know how the holiday pay works out? Can't find it anywhere. Cheers

    chrisalex123 *
  4. mekiz
    Started by mekiz,

    If anyone is interested in doing a taster CKP course for free let me know. As the company i did it with are giving people the chance fo get a free taster of what they do with you before you commit financially. The tutors are great and the course will take place in high wycombe. I think it would be great for anyone who is yet to undertake their ckp.

  5. tev32

    Hi there, I previously applied for the specials and my application was successful but I failed the SET and Fitness. I've decided to apply for the regulars this time and I was wondering if it would be ok to use the same application form, change a couple of examples or do a brand new one?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

  6. Nets
    Started by Nets * ,

    Hi Guys, I am new here and I have just had my Day 1 assessment at the empress building where they told me to complete the RV form (vetting). I have tried on my home computer which is a Mac but I am having no luck, I have also tried my work computer which is Windows and I am getting the same message. I have tried downloading the adobe reader that they give you but I am still stuck with an empty PDF file with the following message “To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader from www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html For further support, go to www.adobe.com/support/…

  7. Toby88
    Started by Toby88,

    Hi, Initial interview on Friday, second time at this stage. Doesn't get rid of the nerves. Anyone else got initial interview in the coming days/weeks?

  8. Mas
    Started by Mas,

    Afernoon all, Hoping someone can shed some light on this as I've not been able to find anything related on the forum thus far. I've been filling out my application form via Penna, I've filled in the sections related to personal info. Conduct. Previous apps to Police/SEARCH assessments etc. Diversity info, but I haven't received any communication since 17th, I was of the understand there should be competency related questions etc in the app? The closing date is tomorrow, is this normal, my app simply states its being screened against the criteria and I will hear back shortly? Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance.

  9. mcc8116
    Started by mcc8116,

    Today I received my offer to start on the 27th of May. Still sinking in! End of a very long road. Who else has received an offer for May? What are your next steps?

    TheKnight_RS +
  10. Toby88
    Started by Toby88,

    Hi, Initial interview on Friday, second time at this stage. Doesn't get rid of the nerves. Anyone else got initial interview in the coming days/weeks?

  11. Terry tibbs5
    Started by Terry tibbs5,

    How many people have applied to Cleveland ?

    • 3 replies
    • 320 views
  12. Airman101
    Started by Airman101,

    Good Morning All, Slightly premature but was just curious as to how people thought they got on with their day 1's in May obviously I understand we aren't to give out exact information but just generally and if anyone has already heard back? Mine was the 15th and have not heard annything but am not expecting to for a while yet. Regards,

  13. SamTaylor
    Started by SamTaylor * ,

    Hi everyone, Thought I'd put up a post to see what people think is the best way to go about recruitment for TVP? Honestly, I would like to do the foundation degree in policing, but can't find much information as to what the course is actually like (so if someone is doing the FDA maybe you could let me know)? Wondering as well if it is worth doing or just applying as a SC & doing the CKP as the process doesn't seem to be quicker either way. The only thing is I would be roughly 25 when I'd finish, the FDA as I'd have to go to college because I haven't got the set grades required! Not really sure if the FDA would give you much of a advantage for recruitment either, …

  14. lyndseyjane81
    Started by lyndseyjane81,

    Hi folks. I sat my SET's in Aberdeen a couple of weeks ago, nerves got the better of me in exam conditions and I failed. Gutted to say the least. I'm a little confused as to why I now have to wait another year when it says on there website you get to sit it a max of 3 times?

  15. jb09
    Started by jb09,

    Hi, Thought I would start a new topic for anyone who has just completed the online assessment which came out on the 11th March. How did people find them and when do we find out results?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.