Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    BTP have just now started recruiting PCs. Deadline 10th March. Here is the Link: https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-3/brand-3/xf-5d2bf2d8208b/candidate/so/pm/6/pl/1/opp/802-Student-Officer-Recruitment-2014/en-GB

  2. Homer1545925553
    Started by Homer1545925553,

    Hi I am doing some research into how long people have been waiting for their chosen forces to open for recruiting ( for student officers, PCSO and Specials), how fair they perceive the process to be, what they have done in preparation and what kind of things they have had to put on hold in their lives while waiting for the force to begin recruiting or process their application. I have put up a short online survey ( about 20 mainly tick box questions) and I am happy to share results on the forum if people respond. The link is below: <a href="https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FS2MTDH">Click here to take survey</a> Thank You.

    • 0 replies
    • 355 views
    Homer1545925553
  3. RW93
    Started by RW93,

    Does anyone know if I can apply to join the Met police whilst studying for the CKP, or do I have to complete the course before I can even apply? Thanks in advance.

  4. Ronaldo7
    Started by Ronaldo7,

    Hey, I am only waiting on my final vetting check to be done but seems to take forever, I passed the 'initial vetting check' has anyone ever heard of someone having problems with the 'Final Vetting'? Just needing my mind put to rest haha

  5. Bunk1546621276
    Started by Bunk1546621276 * ,

    Hi All, Currently considering applying for the Met Police Constable posts however I have a few questions if anyone could help me out. I live in Peterborough so would need to commute, no chance of relocating due to family etc. Just wondering how viable it is to commute considering shifts patterns etc and is this a fairly common situation (ie. commuting from well outside of London)? Obviously wary that if i do apply and get turned down for such as reason I wont be able to apply anywhere else for 6 months Thanks in advance!

    SecMiddlesexIPA
  6. Nitrx1546621222
    Started by Nitrx1546621222,

    Chesire have annoucned that the recruitment window for Police Constable applications will open from Monday 12th May 2014 and will close on Sunday 25th May 2014. Cheshire Constabulary is holding a PC Recruitment & Awareness Seminar on Wednesday 30th April 2014 at Police Headquarters in Winsford to raise awareness of the recruitment process and the minimum eligibility criteria to apply to be a PC with Cheshire Constabulary. Good luck to all those that apply.

  7. Airman101
    Started by Airman101,

    Good Afternoon All, I am looking for some advice from anyone who has recently gone through the appeals process or knows if I am on to a dead end. Anyway I shall state my issue. I recently found out I failed my application against the PNC check (not knowing why) however I stated my only issues that may stop me from being eligible. These were: I was arrested due to being misidentified for an act of vandalism i did contest this however irrelevant I was still taken into custody that night, they did however just before we were charged received CCTV footage that clearly showed I was not anything to do with the incident and was instantly released without caution or …

  8. Velvet
    Started by Velvet,

    Its a strange question i know, but i have very long hair extensions fitted. Im wondering if any of the ladies have these and if they were a problem when training or on beat . Thanx :)

  9. Carly_Amanda
    Started by Carly_Amanda,

    Hi everyone I'm currently undergoing the general recruitment route for new police constable as the graduate route wasn't open for applications. Does anyone know the predominant difference between the two routes? i.e. is one just quicker/longer than the other? I have a degree but I wasn't sure if this would make any difference? Currently just completed my application form and waiting to see if I get on a Day 1 AC :) Any advice/help would be much appreciated! Thanks

  10. luke4321

    Hi guys , Thought id start a new topic about the Appeals process as i can't really find any information about it . Im just wondering how long roughly the appeals take and what the process is , what the chances are etc . I had an email stating that i failed my vetting due to adverse info on the 17/3/14 and i filled in an appeals form that day and sent it off , this is for the Met by the way . I haven't heard anything back yet , so I'm just wondering what actually happens now ? Cheers !

  11. medow
    Started by medow,

    Hey you guys! I thought I'll start a new topic for all of us who just received our offer for March course. So what are you guys doing to prepare, if anything? Where abouts are you coming from?

  12. Pinklight1546620858
    Started by Pinklight1546620858,

    Hi all - I was thinking of transferring my PC application from Surrey to the Met - I'm waiting on a medical/intake date from Surrey but it's been over a year and the waiting game is not fun! Has anyone been through this process before? Do you know if my vetting will need to be re-done and if I will need to complete their online competencies? I will try giving Met recruitment a call tomorrow and find out but I know they're busy.

  13. J D Goldstien
    Started by J D Goldstien,

    Day 2. Who has had day 2 for the met, had mine today, how did everyone find it ?

    J D Goldstien
  14. Fiji888
    Started by Fiji888 +,

    I've posted this new topic to get as much information as possible in to peoples experiences working and living in London boroughs. Wether from being a resident or a SC/PC working in the borough. Theres so many to chose…just wanted to get peoples opinions and experiences to help me and others make their posting decisions. My main considerations so far are; Westminster, Camden, Islington, Kensington & Chelsea, Hammersmith & Fulham, Hillingdon and Brent.

  15. lisad
    Started by lisad,

    I've been such an idiot. I forgot to add 2 fixed penalty notices for stopping on a crossing and a prohibited U turn on my application. But I added my speeding conviction from 10 yrs ago! Deadline is tonight and I can't change the application. Have I totally messed up? I'm so annoyed with myself. I just completely forgot about them.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.