Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Airman101
    Started by Airman101,

    Good evening all, Can anybody help I have just received my vetting forms to fill out however I have not spoken to my mother in 8 years so don't know her latest address or much about her side of the family. All I can do list last previous address. There is a box to explain such circumstance but will this result in an immediate fail. I am also in the Royal Air Force and am currently vetted above the police CTC but am unaware of how the police recruitment vetting works. Any help would greatly appreciated.

    Cockney_Doris
  2. Gary Watkinson
    Started by Gary Watkinson,

    Afternoon! We touched on hate crime yesterday at Hendon, but we were told that we were meant to have learned it on our CKP...... Of course we weren't. We have an exam coming up and there will be questions on it. If anyone has any practise questions (all above board obviously) or know where I can get some that would be useful. Cheers! Gaz

  3. Callsign
    Started by Callsign,

    Hi Guys, I am relatively new here and i am about to start with the Met in the next few months! I don't have a policing background but it has always been what i have wanted to do. I was just wondering if any of you could give me any insight into what happens during a day at work. For example, are you assigned to foot patrol some days and a patrol car others? Or are you generally one or the other most of the time? Thanks for taking the time to read it and hopefully reply!

  4. rosario84
    Started by rosario84,

    I will hopefully be transferring to MOD police in September. I live in Devon but have been told I will be posted to Aldermaston. Does anyone know of the best way to find accommodation for my days on so I can travel up at the start of a set and drive home at the end?

    kennyross1078
  5. n_donald94

    I applied for a position for police staff (social media) about 3 weeks ago - closing date being 2 weeks ago yesterday. Just wondering if anyone knows how long the application process takes? I am really eager to get an interview & I am constantly checking my emails. Has anyone been through the process and knows how long it roughly takes and whether they would get back to me if my application was unsuccessful? Thanks.

  6. mard21
    Started by mard21,

    Does anyone know the process involved in obtaining SC security level clearance and how long it takes? I haven't lived abroad, clear of convictions and my finances are fine. Many thanks.

  7. GotTheBlues
    Started by GotTheBlues,

    For those in Kent looking to join, your local constabulary is recruiting. http://www.kent.police.uk/join_us/police_officer/pol_off.html

  8. chris_hinch
    Started by chris_hinch,

    Does anyone know if there are any application checking services websites out there? Talking blues do not do this service anymore. Not for me, but for a friend. Any help would be appreciated

    chris_hinch
  9. ThunderHawk1994
    Started by ThunderHawk1994,

    Evening all, Finally got my BOCU posting- Which is Redbridge, A few questions: 1) What's it like to work in? As in: Crimes you'll be dealing with, 2) Is it a busy borough? 3) What're the shift patterns like? Cheers :)

    Cockney_Doris
  10. Sparky365
    Started by Sparky365 * ,

    Hello all, I've just singed up to try and get some information on how to appeal this situation.. I received a letter last week saying that I failed the vetting process for contractors clearance. I made a mistake 6 years ago for a drunken mistake where I was accused of racially aggrievated criminal damage. (Engraved a few words into a table...drunken mistake). Now I had to hand myself into the local station the day after this happened and after being arrested, I was let off with a caution. Now this is the only trouble I've ever been in and it' was when I was young and drunk. I have one close cousin who is a police officer and i declared this on the application. Now I'…

  11. kpt1988
    Started by kpt1988,

    Ok so im not totally suprised, i knew it would be expensive but nothing like this. Im currently through to do my day 2 and it actually feels real that i might get in now...so me and the wife have started looking into moving in or around london more thoroughly then we did previously and its almost so expensive that im even considering giving up on my application to the MET. If i was single it wouldnt be too bad as i could just get a house share near where im gonna be based. being married though we want to get a house and its not feasible inside london to get a house with our current savings, so we been looking just outside london anywhere within 40mins commute by train or…

  12. 95mgoodman
    Started by 95mgoodman * ,

    Hi everyone, would like your views on this please. I've applied to join the Met and have my assessment coming up soon. I currently live with my family in the midlands, I plan on staying in the midlands and commuting on the train to work. The train will take 1 hour and 5 minutes to Euston street, I know on some shifts I will have to sleep over which isn't a problem. However is this something that can be done, any current Met officers would love your thoughts please.

  13. Scottyb
    Started by Scottyb,

    Hi all, just wondering who else has been allocated a 14th April start date?

  14. stoutitude
    Started by stoutitude,

    Hi anyone here hopping to be on July intake?

  15. ball31
    Started by ball31,

    In the vetting process do they do a credit check on your family or will it just be on myself?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.