Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi, looking for people going through the Police Scotland recruitment process to let me know how long vetting has taken for you? I've only been waiting 5 days but checking emails everyday (sad I know lol)!
-
- 14 replies
- 892 views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hi everyone. For those of you starting on 30/06, im looking at getting a hotel to stay at on the sunday and monday night. I dont suppose anyone wants to share a twin room? Can split the taxi fare both days too.
-
-
- 6 replies
- 451 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Good Afternoon, A quick query Re: Overtime Pay; When completing a shift e.g. 6am - 2pm if due to unforeseen circumstances you do not finish until 5pm (maybe another incident en route to the station) would you get paid overtime for the extra hours worked, or would this be classed as unpaid? Kind Regards, Sam
-
-
- 4 replies
- 927 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I am a 22 year old male living in Scotland and in full in employment. I have for sometime been wanting to join the police and when I was 18 decided to do a course at college that was all about police life, passing the tests, law ect. At the end of the course I was told I was probably to young to have a realistic chance of being accepted into the police due to my young age. A bit disappointed I decided to go to uni were I got a business degree and now work in marketing. The urge however to join the police and serve my community is still there however. I have also for the past year been doing voluntary work with underprivileged young adults and children which has b…
-
-
- 11 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with a question I have concerning the recruitment process. I have been lucky enough to pass through the application process stage. From everything I have read, once you progress through this stage you are invited to the 4 hour assessment centre. But I seem to have been invited to an hour long interview and my forces HQ. This has completely threw me, and I now have no idea what I should prep for! Could someone please offer some advice on this?
-
Does any one have knowledge / experience of the transfer process, specifically the interview? Cheers.
-
- 4 replies
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello One and All, I thought I would start a new topic to try and get some up to date information for those applying to the Police Scotland recruitment process over the summer period. I sent off my application on the 11th June and as I'm 'Out With Scotland' my application had been forwarded to Aberdeen. Firstly, does anyone have any time frames (for Aberdeen recruitment) from sending off their application to hearing back as to whether or not their application has been accepted? I've already received a confirmation receipt from recruitment. Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)
-
- 0 replies
- 356 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey folks, I am being presumptious that at some point I will get to Tulliallan and they say determination and drive is half the battle. Here's a question that has really niggled at me for ages though. Any vegan's been to Tulliallan or are currently going? I am a pretty strict Vegan (for both health and personal reasons) and the thought of going there and having nothing to eat is quite terrifying. I suppose I could bring my own stuff but I doubt they would let me cook in the kitchen. I thought I'd ask on here before asking recruitment as it could be the stupidest question anyone has asked before. Cheers, Al
-
-
- 7 replies
- 759 views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi everyone (you are gunna get sick of my name popping up all the time ) Im staying in Gilmour for duration of training. Anyone have aby idea on what to bring or stuff you wont need to take etc. Im thinking its good to know before i get there and find i havent got half the stuff i need! Cheers!
-
-
- 38 replies
- 1.3k views
- 7 followers
-
-
Hi there, I'm about to start my application for Police Scotland, I have a few worries about the medical though concerning my medical history. At present I am completely fine and in very good health. However, about 7/8 years ago I went to the doctor as I was having an issue with my stomach and following a colonoscopy I was diagnosed as having IBS. About a year and a half ago my stomach problems resurfaced and I was suffering low mood so was prescribed with anti-depressants for couple of months. Following this several months later I was admitted to hospital twice with severe stomach pain. Again following a colonoscopy everything came back clear. Determined to avoid any s…
-
- 2 replies
- 497 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Good evening all I have starting my training for the Met on 30/06/2014. Does anyone know how long the training actually is? I have read so many different training time scales on these forums, so an accurate clear cut answer would be great. Thanks to anyone reading this, for their time.
-
-
- 19 replies
- 4.6k views
- 6 followers
-
-
This might seem like a daft question but it's something I've thought about as part of my prep for the AC... At the start of each role play when you are introducing yourself to the actor should you offer to shake their hand?
-
- 8 replies
- 593 views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hi all, I'm looking to transfer to MOD police from the PSOS as I work near to one of their sites. I am just trying to figure out the monthly pay of a 9 / 10 year cop as I believe the pay is 8.5% less due to the pension contributions being less. However, surely if the pension contributions are less your monthly take home should be the same? Is that how it works? Is the MOD police a career for life or is the force likely to be disbanded? If a site closes what happens to you? Thanks TOOTY
-
- 4 replies
- 672 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all. Wanted to know if anyone has had same experience as myself. Last year for thames valley got offered provisional place to become PC. My vetting can back as rejected when appealed was told had taint and to re apply in 12/18 months it has been 12 and have just passed interview and been offered a provisional place. Just got do vetting. Has anybody gone through this and passed.
-
- 3 replies
- 483 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Ok hey everyone, First of all i'd like to thank everyone on this forum for helping me with a variety of topics regarding the police including all questions i had. I went in for my assessment day and started with tge interview. I nailed it as i had prepared 110% for it im pretty sure i got As or at minimum B's for everything as i had adapted my answer according to what they were looking for (as stated in the appendix). The STJ was ok as it was common sense but i did ok/good in this. I messed up though... With the report writing we were given 20 minutes and i had spent 15 minutes planning completely oblivious to the time! I wrote literally a 2 or 3 line paragraph for al…
-
-
- 10 replies
- 1k views
- 2 followers
-