Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Supersix4
    Started by Supersix4,

    Hi all, So I have my day 2 coming up very soon (just over a week) Yesterday was knocked of my bike in Hyde park by a tourist on a Borris bike. He cut me off, he just came out right in front of me, he could of looked but I understand how it happened, its not easy with people walking in and out of the cycle lanes. I wasn't speeding at horrific speeds but doing a good 17Kph, and to avoid mowing down a child I had to ditch into the barrier which resulted in a rather entertaining (for the passers by) somersault over the barrier into the sand. thankfully my bike is OK only a scuff mark and loose handle bars, but my right knee is absolutely killing me where I came down on it fa…

  2. Mackem73
    Started by Mackem73,

    Hi all, Anyone got experiences with the recruitment process and the effects a written warning has on it ? I've been trying for neigh on 2 years now to get in. Sounds desperate I know, but it was 1st failed A/C and now at the point of waiting for final interview. So now work has slapped a written warning on me, my first ever warning in 20+ years of employment. I'm devastated ! :) Well within their rights I guess. I forgot to sign out at lunch time and ticked a wrong box on our computer system so It showed I had carried out a task on a machine when I hadn't, it was a different machine. Anyways, I have subsequently emailed the warning over to recruitment for them to put …

    MeanMachine22
  3. JVet
    Started by JVet,

    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jul/14/met-police-ban-recruits-outside-london

  4. KarlPL
    Started by KarlPL * ,

    I have failed my Day 1 by 4% on written part. Overall score was 68%. Will I need to go through all stages again?

  5. junior_7178
    Started by junior_7178,

    Does anybody know if BTP are going to be recruiting again this year? I'm interested in BTP or MDP (just left HM Forces) and I'm sat with a MDP application form in my hand. Thing is, if I had to make one of them first choice it would be BTP, so I'd kick myself if I sent this application for MDP in and then the BTP open recruitment.

  6. charl23
    Started by charl23,

    Hi, just wondering if there is anyone who is also on July intake for Lincs Police?

    Brum1546620863
  7. Mersey_Special
    Started by Mersey_Special,

    Hi all, completed the online situational judgement/ London factor assessment/ behavioural styles test that had a deadline for 04th June. Just wondering has anyone had the results yet? Thanks !

  8. C93lr
    Started by C93lr,

    This morning, I was driving along doing about 32mph in a 30 zone. Have an awful feeling the speed camera van caught me. Just going to have to wait for the postman to come, but will this hinder my application? I completed my day 2 last week. If I have been caught, do I ring and let them know right away?

  9. hunnibee

    Hey Guys!!! Not too sure whats been happening with the Forum but its been offline for a couple of days.. But to the good news...I PASSED THE AC !!!!!! I PASSED!!!!! I am SOO SOOO HAPPY!!! Got my results through on Friday. Was some good results especially Working with others 89% and Oral Communication 100% not too sure how they average it out but I passed with an overall of 66% Super excited for the next steps which I believe is Fitness/Medical and the dreaded Final Interview with a presentation. But I will make sure I'm prepared for that one too !! Anyone done the final interview or the Fitness tests could shed some light as to what can be expected would be great. …

  10. saffaguy
    Started by saffaguy,

    Has anyone heard about the Met Passing out Parade on 29th August 2014 being at Upton Park? I thought it was going to be at Hendon?

    Cockney_Doris
  11. Pegasus0
    Started by Pegasus0,

    Hi guys, Just got a question about passing out parade. How does it work with who can comr and watch. Is it a certain nunber of people per student officer can watch, or is there no limit in who can watch? I have 3 immediate family members who want to watch and some extended family and some friends that may want to come and watch. Cheers in advance.

  12. li4m
    Started by li4m * ,

    Good evening all, New member and first time poster here so I'm really sorry if this question may have been answered before of if I've missed it in one of the pinned threads... I've been putting serious consideration into applying for the met recently and I was just curious what other jobs (if any) that having the Certificate in Knowledge of Policing will be required or an advantage for? For various reasons (family history), I'm worried that I'll be unable to pass the vetting stage of the application and therefore a bit apprehensive about splashing out for the course. I've tried searching online too but have found google to be a bit sparse with results, so I just wonder…

  13. Snook134
    Started by Snook134 * ,

    Hi I wonder if anyone could give some advice, I am joining the August intake and was wondering if anyone had any experience of getting away for a day! I don't wana go into things but there's a chance while I'm away that one of my close friends will pass away! I would hate to go away and then not be able to attend the funeral! It's not a nice subject I know but don't know if there are special circumstances that can excuse you for a day! I know no one will know the answer to this specific example but just anyone who has been away to tulliallan who has had a circumstance that they have been excused for a day!? Any advice would be appreciated.

  14. chhay

    Just a quick topic on the 3 online tests for the Met Pol. Currently have my CKP and now waiting to get the online tests sent to me. I was wondering how easy or hard are these tests, and what do they consist off? Are they timed etc? I have done some practice SJT and Behaviour style questions on the 'Jobtestprep' site already, but aren't sure if they are at all similar in content ? If at all possible could someone give me some info on these tests Cheers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    • 0 replies
    • 457 views
  15. chhay

    Just a quick topic on the 3 online tests for the Met Pol. Currently have my CKP and now waiting to get the online tests sent to me. I was wondering how easy or hard are these tests, and what do they consist off? Are they timed etc? I have done some practice SJT and Behaviour style questions on the 'Jobtestprep' site already, but aren't sure if they are at all similar in content ? If at all possible could someone give me some info on these tests Cheers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    • 0 replies
    • 972 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.