Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Ok hey everyone, First of all i'd like to thank everyone on this forum for helping me with a variety of topics regarding the police including all questions i had. I went in for my assessment day and started with tge interview. I nailed it as i had prepared 110% for it im pretty sure i got As or at minimum B's for everything as i had adapted my answer according to what they were looking for (as stated in the appendix). The STJ was ok as it was common sense but i did ok/good in this. I messed up though... With the report writing we were given 20 minutes and i had spent 15 minutes planning completely oblivious to the time! I wrote literally a 2 or 3 line paragraph for al…
-
Hi, Has anyone had the hepatitis jab before starting the job? Did you manage to get it for free for being in an 'at risk' group i.e. the police?
-
- 9 replies
- 687 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hey everyone, I'm a recent graduate and am going through the application process with the Met for their graduate scheme. I'm currently awaiting to be given a place for the initial 'day one assessment' and just had a few questions that HR either is unsure of/have never gotten back to me on. Through the 'accelerated scheme' candidates are on course to become an inspector after three years on the force. I've heard some people say that these officers will be whisked away from the front lines and put into management/desk job positions. As someone who is very interested in areas like CID and firearms, am I likely to not get a shot in these areas through the above scheme? I…
-
-
- 50 replies
- 2.9k views
- 9 followers
-
-
Hey guys, I'm brand new to the forum (so be nice if you can! ) I just had a few questions regarding the two police services. Now, I don't want to start a flame war here but I have heard pretty bad things about how the Met operate, treatment of officers, how arrests are made etc etc. My Dad was one of the Special Constables in Essex police, based at Rayleigh (or thereabouts I believe), he maintains to this day that Essex do "it" the old-fashioned way, the one that works... he says that the system that the Met use to make arrests and the processing of crimes committed is too slow, political and hugely Bureaucratic, how true is this? what service would be better join? I h…
-
-
- 8 replies
- 1.2k views
- 4 followers
-
-
This is the information that the MET website provide, which suggests that a new PC will earn £28800 with london weighting. I live outside of London so would be commuting in. I'd just like to confirm that this is roughly the salary that I would receive as I will be leaving a £30k plus job to join . My main motivation to join is not the pay but obviously still got to pay the bills Pay All new police constables in the MPS will receive a basic starting salary of £22,221 per annum rising to £36,885. All new constables will commence service at the start of the scale and will progress according to relevant Home Office guidelines and police regulations. In addition to …
-
-
- 12 replies
- 2.3k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi everyone, I know its late and will have no luck at this late stage but thought i would ask anyway! Im starting my PC training on 30th June but dont know my borough or training centrr posting yet. How do we go about stayin in section houses? Never read anything about it or how to apply! Just nosy now haha. Cheers!
-
- 9 replies
- 3.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hey everyone, I was hoping to get a little help. I'm preparing for my day 2 with the Met later this month after going through a long (but successful!) application process, but I need a little help! I'm not from London and though I've tried to get some answers from recruiting and HR on the issue of borough selection they still haven't got back to me and seeing how I need to hand my choices in soon I thought I'd ask you all A few of the things I'm wondering are: Are officers expected to live in their boroughs? How often are officers moved from their borough during their career? One of my main concerns is are certain specialist units (CID, firearms, counter terror, e…
-
-
Hello all, I am working in A Division and I am looking for a room or find fellow cop guys or girls to be flatmates and rent a place together. I have digs until the start of September but looking for somewhere soon. There are a lot of cops coming upto Aberdeen soon and along with the oil workers and students it is really difficult to find a room, it may be easier for a few of us to pull together and rent a half decent place? Guys or girls, im easy. If anyone is in the same boat looking for somewhere to live or has a room to offer please do get in touch and let me know, Either PM me and il forward contact details or reply here if you cant message me respond to th…
-
- 0 replies
- 315 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello! So I have my medical coming up and, to be honest, im very worried. My vision is not the best by any stretch of the imagination as its -3.00 in both eyes for my contact lens subscription. I feel there is nothing i can do to prepare and just find myself in a sticky situation where i just dont know what to do. I'm sure i am not the only person who has had this problem, any advice? anyone else got similar vision? Thanks
-
- 3 replies
- 443 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all, Really been struggling to find consistent information on Met starting salary including London weighting etc, I really want to do the job but at the same time have a mortgage to pay and would be leaving a 30k a year job. So can anyone clear it up and tell me what to expect before I take the application any further. PayAll new police constables in the MPS will receive a basic starting salary of £22,221 per annum rising to £36,885. All new constables will commence service at the start of the scale and will progress according to relevant Home Office guidelines and police regulations. In addition to basic salary all Metropolitan Police officers receive London weigh…
-
- 0 replies
- 301 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone. Im hoping someone can answer my question. Im due to start training with the Met on 30th of June. I have heard that the Met have been inttoducing a new style shirt with a wicking style torso and regular shirt style collar and sleeves as opposed to a normal shirt. Can anyone give some insight into this and as to what is initially issued to new recruits. Thanks in advance!
-
- 18 replies
- 2.9k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi everyone I am new to this discussion board. I have a question about the shirts issued to new recruits in the Met. I have been issued 4 wicking style shirts, 2 long sleeve and 2 short sleeve. My questions is: Are there more shirts issued to you once on borough or is it only 4 issued to you period. I was just wondering as I will be wearing the short sleeve only in the summer but with only 2 issued I will be doing washing everyday! The guy at Mandela way couldn't answer my question when I was there to get my uniform. Hope someone can help.
-
Hi all! I just have a quick question about the application timeline for the Met police, It's probably been asked before but I did a quick search and couldn't find anything... So here goes! I've recently finished the realistic job preview and the eligibility screen and was wondering how long before I can continue and do the Behavioural questionnaire, London factor assessment etc. I just don't want to be sat here twiddling my thumbs for ages if it's going to be months, I can put it to the back of my mind for a bit! Thanks for any answers!
-
Hi everyone I have completed Day 1&2 assessment with Met police so decided I best start my CKP. I have signed up with Blue light home learning. I have completed Area 1, which has been returned with a couple of improvements I need to make. Once completed I'm moving on to Area 2 I was wondering if anyone knew of any CKP online support/help groups?? I know I can speak to tutors, but sometimes it would be good to get advice/help/chit-chat from others in the same boat. I'm trying to do my CKP as well as holding down my current full time job, two children under 6 and a husband in the army...so would find it very helpful to have access to a support group...or am I wishf…
-
- 2 replies
- 441 views
- 3 followers
-