Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. SCOTCOP125
    Started by SCOTCOP125,

    Hello, Due to recent circumstances I am unable to take the start date the Met have given me. I am yet to hear back - Can anyone advise on how this will be handled - ie. Will i be put onto a 'list' for the next start date? Has anyone been in this position? Thanks

  2. eck1971
    Started by eck1971,

    Hello all, I have a question regarding the home visit. I have been told by Recruitment Centre that the Inspector doing my home visit has my details and will be in contact with me soon, that was 2 weeks ago. Can anyone tell me what is the normal waiting time for this to happen? Thanks.

  3. jb09
    Started by jb09,

    Hi Had my MET Day One recently just wanting to see if anyone knew how it's marked in particular the written exam. If you fail the written because of spelling and/or grammar is this an automatic fail overall or just in written ? Many Thanks

  4. tk1

    Hi, Recently i failed somewhere along the line on these tests through the Met Graduate scheme. Ive applied through the regulars but am very nervous about failing again. I did some reading online about the general common sense you need to use and other tips, but it wasnt enough. What struck me when i did it, was the behavioural side of it which i found odd, with the "whats more like you" questions which were very hard. One particular query i had were the questions which were along the lines of do you or do you not change your approach towards incidents/people. Common sense says that you have to act appropriately which means variance. However, i understand the emphasis …

  5. Lawless1546621279
    Started by Lawless1546621279,

    Hi Guys, I am booked onto the CKP Exam on the 27th June in Heathrow with Police Pass. Just wondering if anyone else is booked, or planning to book onto this exam date as well? Cheers

    Lawless1546621279
  6. lisad
    Started by lisad,

    Hi Have any of you who started training had to find child care. I take it training can't be flexible hours. Just wondering how others have found it

  7. chris007
    Started by chris007,

    My training for the Met is starting on the 30th June and I had to choose three boroughs to work in. I am really banking on getting my first choice borough and don't really want to work in my 2nd or 3rd choice, due to living arrangements, travel and relationship issues. I have a few questions regarding this.... 1. How likely is it that you will get your first choice posting? Did many of you get your first choice? 2. Can you ask the Met, to change your posting? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

  8. SammyB
    Started by SammyB,

    Can anyone recommend any books or guides that offer information and advice regarding the PC recruitment process?

  9. carolyn1988
    Started by carolyn1988 * ,

    I've got my interview and welsh test coming up for north wales, I've read everything on the webiste and have been practising level 2 as much as I can but there is so much and I'm really struggling with it. Included in it is the caution... Will that be included on it?? Are there any regular questions that come up at all? Anyone taken it recently that can offer any advice? Many Thanks in advance Carolyn

  10. Jake.Sh
    Started by Jake.Sh,

    Hello all, I am currently completing the forms I need to take with me to my Met Police Day 2 assessment. On the top of each forms it asks for a reference number. I have gone through all of my old emails and I can't find any reference number. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks

    TheKnight_RS +
  11. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    FYI: For those who may be interested, BTP are right now recruiting PCSOs and PCs. The PC recruitment deadline is in 9 days. There is still time to apply if you're interested. People can still apply to the Met as a PC at the same time applying to BTP. BTP isn't a Home Office force so they go by different rules. PC Recruitment: BTPne.ws/PCintake14 PCSO Recruitment: BTPne.ws/PCSOintake14 Who is applying? And how did you feel it went the application? Best of luck to those who apply.

    Future_officer
  12. Eddyrio5
    Started by Eddyrio5,

    I currently have a few defaults on my credit file, i have been monitoring my credit file on equifax but after checking on another site a few more defaults have come to light, these defaults all occurred whilst at university with a few poor decisions. A couple of these defaults are to come off my file in the next couple months. I have no ccjs. a few of these defaults i have not made payment for in a good while. I have a credit card/store card and a overdraft that i am managing very well. The amount of money i owe that is defaulted is not a lot at all and I will be clearing these in the next couple months. My only issue is that a few of these have not had a payment in a whi…

  13. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    There has been a recent change to COLP recruitment website. When you press careers and then press PC you will be sent to a page where you can apply. The following message then appears: "Details of how to apply will be available soon. In the meantime, please ensure you have checked your eligibility and suitability by working through the pre-application tool kit​" This is an indication that COLP will begin to recruit PCs very soon so if you are interested keep an eye on their website. This message has not appeared recently so it's possible in the coming weeks there may be recruitment. Here is the page: http://www.cityoflondon.police.uk/careers/police-officer/Pages/defaul…

  14. Dogbox1
    Started by Dogbox1 * ,

    Would be interested if anyone has some live examples of sections; 5,4a and 4 that I could use .....

  15. sski9
    Started by sski9,

    Hi all! I am currently completing forms for my day 2 and am slightly worried about the days sick from work section. I have only had a couple of dates ill off work but can't remember the exact dates. Would I have to contact previous jobs? My main concern is lectures missed at university. My attendance wasn't awful but it definitely wasn't 100% and difficult to keep track to note them all down! Anyone else in a similar position?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.