Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hello, I hope someone here might be able to help me out answering some questions I have. I am a police officer in training in the city of Cologne, Germany. Next year in September I will complete my training and walk the beat in the streets of Cologne. But before that, in July and August, I have the chance to go abroad for an 4 week internship. I’d love to go to London because I feel closely connected to the city and I see many similarities of Cologne and London (demographics, crime etc…), so this internship might provide me with valuable experiences. I was told by my superiors that it was possible to apply for an internship with the London Metropolitan Police a few …
-
- 2 replies
- 1.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi guys, just a quick question to those of you that have already completed a month or so with the met. What do you get paid for the first months wage (on the 20th) is it 3 weeks wage as we started on 29th or is it a full month. Just curious in how it will work. Thanks in advanced
-
- 2 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Has anyone been offered an intake for January yet guys?? I know of one person that got a conditional email for the 5th. Myself, i received an employer reference email i was CC'd into on Monday (29th Sept) and the subject heading said " Employer ref - Ext Course 25th Jan" then the actual form itself that they fill in below. Cue the next step, i then rang vetting who said they received my forms on that very same day (Monday 29th Sept). I don't finish my CKP until the 20th december so i was wondering is this the reason why the January dates are now mentioned or is this just in line with my CKP finish date. Hard to imagine my day 1 was November 2013.. Longggggg road :sm…
-
-
- 5 replies
- 700 views
- 6 followers
-
-
I was wondering if anyone could give me any information or a bit of help.... I went for my day 2 at the beginning of September and was told on the day that there were no issue, passed the fitness and medical! I have spoken with recruitment today and they have told me that my application is on medical hold.. Does anyone know why this might be or what it could be about? Thanks in advance!
-
- 3 replies
- 608 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all, I've seen a number of CKP providers mention that they accept a certificate of funding for the CKP. Does anyone know what this is and who is eligible? I have my day 2 assessment in a couple of weeks and it's the first I've heard about this. Thanks Tim
-
-
- 9 replies
- 1.3k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hello, I hope someone here might be able to help me out answering some questions I have. I am a police officer in training in the city of Cologne, Germany. Next year in September I will complete my training and walk the beat in the streets of Cologne. But before that, in July and August, I have the chance to go abroad for an 4 week internship. I’d love to go to London because I feel closely connected to the city and I see many similarities of Cologne and London (demographics, crime etc…), so this internship might provide me with valuable experiences. I was told by my superiors that it was possible to apply for an internship with the London Metropolitan Police …
-
- 1 reply
- 611 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Sorry sure this will have been asked to death but a quick search found the latest result was from 2010. I was just wonder how long the recruitment timeline is for Police Scotland. I have my fitness on the 19th at 9am at good old Jackton and I'm feeling pretty confident about both it and my later S.E.T (Not sat it yet). Next question is what day the police get paid on? I have all my direct debits for the 1st of the month, just incase we get paid in the middle of the month or something similar so I can set aside some money from my current wage for petrol, food etc. Final question, I live in the west end Glasgow. What are the chances of either Partick or London Road b…
-
Has anyone who has passed all stages of the police scotland application been posted to an area that is miles away from where you live? For instance edinburgh or Glasgow to aberdeen? I'm just trying to work out if this is common. Cheers
-
-
- 62 replies
- 6k views
- 21 followers
-
-
Hi Does anyone else have an offer for September yet
-
-
- 179 replies
- 9.8k views
- 34 followers
-
-
Hi Does anyone know how many shuttles are between each level of the 15m bleep test? Thanks
-
- 5 replies
- 845 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi Does anyone know how many shuttles are between each level of the 15m bleep test? Thanks
-
- 0 replies
- 435 views
- 1 follower
-
-
HI, I will be starting my CKP course with BLUELIGHT on about 20th of October, I have few questions to anyone who completed this course; 1) how long would it take to complete the course? 2) how much studying have you guys done in a week? 3) how hard would you say it is? 4) whats your recommendation about sections to skip or every part is important? some I heard saying introduction is not worth studying and also after I complete my CKP, when is the soonest intake I can start with the police? thanks
-
- 0 replies
- 319 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Evening new to this so go gentle on me I have confirmation date for assessment centre in nov 2014 hope to do well but maybe an issue when at medical stage .No problem with fitness as am big in to running ,football gym etc differcult to explain but if you went in to a shop and received change the palm of your hand would face the ceiling mine will only go between half and 3/4 of the way ie: will not face the ceiling on both arms never been a problem in my 41 years never stopped me doing anything at all,seen my doctor and think it's muscular rather than a joint issue .The doctor advised to declare it ,which I was going to anyway,sorry to be vague in the description of the p…
-
So who has submitted their applications for the 2013 intake. With 60 jobs how do people think they have done?
-
-
- 340 replies
- 17.9k views
- 16 followers
-
-
Hi All Any chance you can help me? Roughly how long after day 2 do you receive confirmation of pass and roughly how long after that is start date? Also does anyone know typical shift patterns for the following areas? - Hillingdon and Ealing - Hounslow, Richmond and Kingston - Havering, Barking & Dagenham and Redbridge Thanks
-
-
- 11 replies
- 6.2k views
- 3 followers
-