Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. pc_samsam
    Started by pc_samsam,

    Hi everybody, Notts have announced they will be running an external recruitment drive for regulars very very soon! Is anybody thinking of applying? Does anybody know if it's a good force to work for? Does anybody out there work for them? (I've never ever seen a topic related to the force. It doesn't seem very popular lol.) Regards.

  2. Mayday1546621288
    Started by Mayday1546621288,

    Hi All This might seem a bit of an obvious questions but I wasn't sure, so apologies in advance if it is! Does anyone know if you note down details of a previous caution on the application form and the application progresses (the incident would not prevent recruitment according to the Met's eligibility checker), then the likelihood is that the application would not fail at vetting stage for the previous caution? The reason I ask is that the eligibility criteria states clearly that it is a guide only however someone would have seen the application and presumably noted details of the caution and passed the application on to the next stage. Are there different criteri…

  3. BaldBaBoon
    Started by BaldBaBoon,

    Hello, I am new to forum as you see. I am in the process of studying for the CKP through the e-learning route with NCALT, and the multitude of video sessions provided by the course supplier who is KBR. Apart from there being a pretty haphazard approach to the learning eg...constantly studying sections that assume you have prior knowledge of the subject or are actually already employed by the police....." ask your shift supervisor to see the emergency procedure " being an example, I have no bleeding idea how the course is tested. I am still trying to get loaded onto the half-day induction in person that is run to explain the KAD, but until I have done this I am st…

  4. BobHoskins
    Started by BobHoskins * ,

    I know this question is unlikely to bring out exact answers, but just seeking some general opinions. I'm currently at the final stage of recruitment for one of England's police forces, with my last interview coming up tomorrow morning. I'm also a Special Constable with the same force. A friend of mine (also a Special) had her interview yesterday and text me today to say that she'd been told that she'd passed and had been offered a position. Is this standard practice for police recruitment, to begin letting people know that they've passed before all candidates have been seen? I was under the impression that there were a finite number of positions (the original rumor was …

  5. Super Ted1546621273
    Started by Super Ted1546621273,

    So the time has come for me to actually make a decision on where I'd like to be based in the event of successfully passing day two/vetting! Does anyone have any information on Boroughs, your favourite/least favourite? I'm hoping to apply for section housing too, so I should probably factor in that commute too. Any help is appreciated!

    Withnail1546621297
  6. Foucauldfrancois
    Started by Foucauldfrancois,

    Hi everyone. I've been trying to find the Crystal Clear Audio Learning CDs from the link posted in the Probationers section but it's a bad link! Any help would be much appreciated. Searched eBay, the Internet but proving to be very difficult. Anyone got a set to sell tucked away on a dusty bookshelf or something?

  7. constabletg6
    Started by constabletg6,

    Hi everyone, I have a question regarding referencing. What is the personal reference about? is it an email or do they call and ask for reference? I'm asking this because I live in the UK for only 4 years and the MET Police asks two personal references from people that I've known for at least 5 years. I come from a non-english speaking country so I would have some problem finding somebody that is able to understand and speak english and that I've know for 5 years. If the met police sends just an email then it's way easier, but if they call I doubt my references may understand. thanks for your time.

  8. constabletg6

    right guys, I have a funny issue that is giving me lots of trouble. I am a healthy person, never had any issues in the past, always in good health. Last year I moved to a different borough in London and I registered with the local GP. I have my assessment Day 2 in 2 weeks and my GP is refusing to sign my Medical history questionnaire (required by the MET police) because he says he doesn't know me enough to sign that form. I've been advised to ask my previous GP but they say all my medical history information have been transferred to my new GP so they have to do it because they have access to my informations. all they have to do is look up my medical history and see i…

  9. elsee83
    Started by elsee83,

    Hey Starting at Tulliallan on the 6th of October .Does anyone know when we will find out where we are posted to? Looking forward to meeting everyone :-)

  10. callzo
    Started by callzo,

    Hi I've had roughly 45 days off sick and bereavement in the last 3 years and have included it all on my medical form for my day 2. Will I likely be penalised for this? There where genuine reasons for being off and recently hadn't been off once in 9 months but spent a week in hospital recently for an infection. Also when they ask for references from your work what all are they asking for from them?

    Stephanie Convery
  11. alberto1545925605
    Started by alberto1545925605,

    Hi. First post on here. Looking for advice from current serving officers, probationers or specials constables. Basically, Do you advise a career in the police? I am currently a firefighter. Always been interested in jumping ship to be honest. As I feel the police has more variety in terms of general duties and more importantly career development. But the so called negative aspects put me off. I.e. Shift pattern (non family friendly ) , rest days cancelled?Called to court following a nightshift? 'Hated' by society? lol I've read a lot of officers are leaving? Is there low morale? I am contemplating the specials, basically to see for myself before I take the plung…

  12. prim1
    Started by prim1,

    Does anyone know when Regs will be opening up again? I have passed the application and Assessment Centre for another force but want to transfer to WMP. is this possible? Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 640 views
  13. Stokecityfc
    Started by Stokecityfc,

    I have found out that I have passed the assessment centre. I have been told I will need to attend a 'final I interview' can someone please explain this process and give me some pointers thanks.

  14. Cate1546082765
    Started by Cate1546082765,

    Hi, is anyone currently going through the recruitment for student officers for Sussex? How are you getting on? What date are you going to assessment centre?

    Cate1546082765
  15. TC_
    Started by TC_ * ,

    Just looking for some help and information as to what exactly i should be talking to a Probationer officer at my local station about before my Interview? I have passed my Fitness & SET tests and was given an interview for less than a week later so its all a bit of a rush now Thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.