Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ludamick
    Started by ludamick,

    Hi All I wondered if you could help me on the next steps if possible. I have just completed my day 2 which I was told I have passed subject to drugs test. Do vetting checks start now? I have been told to wait 15 days for my official confirmation of day 2 passing and then sign up to CPC. However, I do not want to commit to £ 1,000 and then fail on vetting. (Due to family history) Is this something I can do? Wait until I have had confirmation of vetting clearance prior to signing up to the CPC? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    Super Ted1546621273
  2. Orlando123
    Started by Orlando123,

    Hi, anyone do their day one on the 31st Oct????

  3. Andydres
    Started by Andydres * ,

    Quick question regarding employment reference checks. When I applied for the met back in july I had 2 jobs, one recent and one long term. In September I left my long term job which I've had since 2011, then October I left my 2nd job (June till October) and started working at a retail store, which I left after 3 weeks to work where I am now. It's been 4 weeks since the most recent job however it's not what I thought it was at all and I'd like to leave to go elsewhere yet again. Would changing jobs with so much frequency affect my police application? I've got the opportunity to work in a different sector within my company however the reference checks would obviously see t…

  4. MB891546082779
    Started by MB891546082779,

    Recieved an email today with my Borough for the 5th of January but it also mentioned completing NCALT moduels. Firstly it doesn't make sence, you are to bring with you screenshots of completion of NCALT modules (ok no problem) which "are available ... on the day you start your training" (are the available before this date? How are we supposed to bring them on the 5th?) Secondly I don't even have an account on NCALT, If I had known at the time I would have paid extra but I didn't, Does anyone know where to get access cheaply?

  5. Y-G
    Started by Y-G,

    Hi, I completed my day 2 on the 22nd Sept. I havent heard anything from recruitment until i rang last week and they said vetting is in progress, I then received an email yesterday giving me a conditional offer for the 23rd Feb. However i cant make that date as im on holiday and i did tell them that on my day 2. I have emailed them declining and asking for the next avaliable date. Has anyone else had experience of declining the offer? and does this mean that vetting is cleared? Any advice would be appreciated thanks

  6. Airman101
    Started by Airman101,

    Evening All, Does anyone have the details for a point of contact for issues regarding section houses preferably an email. Regards

  7. mncfc
    Started by mncfc,

    Hello, I have my Day 2 with the MET on Friday (28th), and don't yet have my medical form signed. I was given it last Wednesday and handed it to the GP straight away and explained it was urgent, but it has yet to be signed. I have been back to the surgery daily chasing it up but still no luck. If, on the off chance, it does not get signed in time to take it to my Day 2, will I still be able to attend and send it at a later date? Thanks in advance!

  8. Greg_Hartley
    Started by Greg_Hartley,

    Does anyone have any information on wither what the police hold on the PNC about you would be the same as a CRB check I know the police may hold details or all recorded offences how would I know this and do they clear if for talking a NFA was the case any help on this would be gladly received :-)

  9. Coop
    Started by Coop,

    I was just wondering as I've had quite a bit of trouble finding some personal references (a lot of the people in my life haven't known me for longer than 5 years for example)... Does anybody know what kind of things the Met asks personal references? Thank you

  10. Andy10
    Started by Andy10,

    Hey everyone, I am due to start with the Met on January 5th and I am currently applying for a property with intermediate rent. Going through all the credit checks and stuff at the moment and the UK Tenancy Data require someone to confirm my salary and employment with the Met. I have given the hr and post selection team's email addresses. However with the back log of emails and work I know they take 3-4 weeks to reply sometimes and this is too long to wait. I was just wondering if anyone has been in this situation so I can have a better idea on who's correct details to give so it can be done as quickly as possible. Thanks!

  11. Parnham911546621079
    Started by Parnham911546621079,

    Hi Guys, I have passed day 1 & 2. Vetting is just going through now, and I'm still doing CKP (distance learning) I'm getting stressed that I want my CKP finishing now (I'm on the the third section). I'm wondering how long from passing CKP, hopefully in Jan I will get a start date. I wish it all happened over night ha-ha!

  12. jesterr6216
    Started by jesterr6216,

    Hi there, I am currently a serving sergeant with an English force and I have submitted my application to transfer to Police Scotland. Just wondering if there is anyone else out there in a similar situation and what stage you are all at. I submitted it back in 2013 and all my PDR's etc have gone off. Spoke with the Insp overseeing it all at the end of Jan and she said they should be sending out letters for interview dates anytime, with a notional intake of May 2014. If you pass the interview they will then ask you back up for the fitness test and drugs test. My main query, and something they can't seem to give me an answer on, is where are the vacancies and where would …

    • 2 replies
    • 3.1k views
  13. Hughes1546081300
    Started by Hughes1546081300,

    Hi everyone, Just a quick question to see how long people took to hear from the post training team after the day 2 assesment, obviously they don't email your results if you have passed but was woundering when they contact you. Is it before vetting and reference checks or during etc? Thanks BY THE WAY ... This is for the MPS

    WhiskeyWhiskey99
  14. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    For those who may be interested, the Met; from the 25th of April this year will begin the direct entry scheme for people who want to become a superintendent. Here is the info: http://www.metpolicecareers.co.uk/superintendents/ http://www.college.police.uk/en/21594.htm I am suprised there is no requirement for a qualification not even a CKP. Keep an eye on the Met careers website if you're interested. I may go for it....hahahahahahaha. In my dreams probably.

  15. Smiley jack
    Started by Smiley jack * ,

    Hi all, just a quick question sorry if it seems obvious. Do the mps consider Union Jack tattoo offensive?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.