Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Crown Servant
    Started by Crown Servant,

    Just curious how many other people have been given Barking & Dagenham as their BOCU for the January recruitment timeline?

  2. Metropolitan24
    Started by Metropolitan24,

    Hi guys, just a few random, but need to know questions. 1) Do the Police provide all the equipment, after and during training (For example boots, trousers, stab vests etc) 2) Is there free underground travel during training, or is that once it is completed? 3) Round about how many people are on each intake? 4) Is there a parade at the end? 5) Is the intake training 09:00 - 17:00 or does it vary? 6) Final question how strict is it? As in Army strict or just very relaxed Thanks in advance and sorry if they're stupid questions.

  3. james85
    Started by james85,

    Hey everyone, just wondered if anyone had an idea when your on your day 2 what kind of things would get you a fail on your medical questionnaire for? how serious or how along do you have to be clear of an illness or issue you had??

  4. police3004
    Started by police3004 * ,

    is anyone heading up to the college then? If all going well with my medical and fitness, i will be going then! Far too excited!

    Fighting fit@40
  5. Johno4148
    Started by Johno4148,

    Hi everyone trying to choose boroughs and not from London but moving to Balham, so was wondering if anyone new about these boroughs??

  6. WhiskeyWhiskey99
    Started by WhiskeyWhiskey99,

    I'm going to he moving into Gilmour in January, Does anybody know what the rooms are like there? Also if any current residents have a picture of the rooms could they PM me them? As it would be handy for planning what exactly I've got to work with in terms of moving stuff in... Thanks

    WhiskeyWhiskey99
  7. Johno4148
    Started by Johno4148,

    New borough posting is now North/South/West/East or Central.. So it's a lottery where you will end up

  8. g11
    Started by g11,

    I figured there would be no harm in starting a thread for this intake. Anybody here looking to start on the 15th, what stage are you at now and how have you found everything so far?

  9. Stuart Sinclair
    Started by Stuart Sinclair,

    I have my SET and fitness tests on Tuesday, been researching about them both and can someone tell me if i fail my SET do i need to re apply ?(hopefully I am not going to fail haha) i noticed i get 3 attempts at it but not sure if it is 3 times then i have to re apply or 3 times in total. Also is it just dependent on the day what fitness test you do or is it more often the 1.5 mile run ?

    Lassard1546621237
  10. callum_sp
    Started by callum_sp,

    Well I am still waiting for a start date but my reference has gone out yesterday saying it needs to be back by Monday deadline. Anyone else had this deadline on the email and the reason behind it. I have not been given a start date yet. Do they send references out first?

  11. Crown Servant
    Started by Crown Servant,

    Hello all. I was hoping some of you could tell me how promotion works in the Metropolitan Police Force? When are you allowed to go for promotion? When are promotion boards (or whatever it is they use) usually done? Does being in certain roles such as an AFO (for example) help/hinder/not affect your promotional prospects? Is there a minimum age limit for promotion? How quickly could you (theoretically) get to officer level (Inspector and up)?

  12. stottycake
    Started by stottycake,

    I was just wondering if a force advertises for 60 vacancies for constables would that include fast track or just ordinary applications or is fast track completely separate?

  13. pet1sim
    Started by pet1sim,

    Hi I'm in the 26the Jan intake I have been given my posting which is 50 miles from home or around a 2hour train journey has anyone been in a similar situation and have you been able to change borough?

  14. stottycake
    Started by stottycake,

    I've applied to Durham but haven't heard. What is the process with applications-do all forces send to a central point for sifting or is it done locally? Is there a cut off time when you could say you haven't been accepted if you haven't heard? I've been told if I haven't heard by a date I've been unsuccessful-there's a week to go but wondering if I would have heard by now if I was successful-any views on this , please?

  15. JJ15
    Started by JJ15,

    Anyone else joining me on this date?

    cheguevara1967 *

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.