Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. smithy11
    Started by smithy11,

    Can anyone recommend a good CKP provider in the South east please? Ideally Kent based or SE London. Cheers.

  2. Nitrx1546621222
    Started by Nitrx1546621222,

    A little way off, but after seeing all the other intakes creating a forum post / groups I figured I'd start one for 26th January. Anyone else got this intake date?

  3. Hamish78
    Started by Hamish78,

    I submitted my application on 6th nov 2014 and got confirmation that it had been received,but have heard nothing since . Is anyone else in the same situation

  4. Mersey_Special
    Started by Mersey_Special,

    Hi all, Looking to see if anybody knows what RLC I am likely to be posted at if my borough is Haringey? Thanks

  5. Crown Servant
    Started by Crown Servant,

    Quick question all. When the passing out parade for the January intake of Met recruits comes about in late May, what is the likelihood of it being another public one? Or have they scrapped that and now just keep it at Hendon? Also, how many people are you allowed to invite? I heard somewhere that it was just 2.

    Stephanie Convery
  6. chris007
    Started by chris007,

    Anyone moving into Gilmour Section House soon, I have a mini fridge for sale. This link below from Gumtree will tell you all about it. http://www.gumtree.com/p/fridges-freezers/42l-fridgemaster-fridge/1097669411 Thank you.

  7. stottycake
    Started by stottycake,

    In the application form results for CBQ what do the different grades mean and if you get Grade A do you normally get through the paper sift?

  8. Parnham911546621079
    Started by Parnham911546621079,

    Hi Guys, Just after a bit of info really. I've passed my day 1, 2 and vetting. I've got my final CKP exam on 21st Feb but I'm confused what happens now. Do I get a start date once they receive my certificate? I've tried calling and emailing but I'm not getting anywhere, I do appreciate they have an awful lot to process though. Can anybody shed any light? Thanks, Emily.

  9. SpecialLondon
    Started by SpecialLondon,

    Hi sorry if this has been posted before... Had my PC Day 1 on the 18th of december and im yet to find out the result..... Anyone else in the same boat? (ignore my username im not a special its external application)

  10. neo21546620902
    Started by neo21546620902,

    Just received this.... Dear Candidate PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL This is an update regarding your Police Constable application. We can confirm you have passed your day 2 assessment however, due to the high volume of applications, your vetting forms have not yet been sent to the vetting unit. Unfortunately we are unable to provide a definitive timeframe for the vetting forms to be checked and processed. Once your forms have been checked, you will be contacted if we require any further information or once your forms have been sent to the vetting unit. Upon successful completion of your vetting, your references will be requested. You will be copied into any ref…

  11. Adazrambo
    Started by Adazrambo,

    Hi Guys, New to the forum - nice to be here. Just a quick question regarding the recruitment of a SC. I am wanting to apply, but after reading the Eligibility Requirements section it mentions something along the lines of having at least two A- Levels or a Level 3 NVQ - http://www.north-wales.police.uk/recruitment/special-constabulary/elegibility-requirements.aspx I only did a level 2 qualification before moving on to Full Time employment in the IT field. How likely is it this will scupper my chances? was kind of hoping my actual work experience would get me somewhere but i am not so sure. Could anyone clarify? Many Thanks Adam

    • 4 replies
    • 548 views
  12. Gentleman Jim
    Started by Gentleman Jim,

    Firstly let me say i am not a potential recruit. I'm the dad of one and as such keenly follow the affairs of my offspring. My daughter is in the process of applying to the Metropolitan Police. I am frankly appalled at the disdain with which would be Police officers are treated by this recruitment process. The information in these recruitment threads is shocking. I can understand the recruitment process must ensure candidates are of the right quality, intelligence, character, and be of upstanding virtues etc, and indeed it takes time to verify these things. But to allow people to pass through all the tests etc, pay a significant amount of money to obtain a CPK an…

    Stamford1546621217
  13. Y-G
    Started by Y-G,

    Hi - just wondering if there is anyone on here that has started their training. Just wanted to know what it was like? what sort of things have they had you doing? Do you have to re-do medical and fitness once started, do you have uniform etc yet?

  14. Adam14
    Started by Adam14,

    Hello everyone, I know every persons application is different. I just wanted to know what length of time people have waited from sending off the application to doing the fitness test if successful with the application and sets. This is a bit premature as I'm still proof reading my application. I just want to get cracked on with my fitness. I did used to be really fit, but I started my own business and my fitness slipped. I did 2.2 miles cross country this morning in 16.20, looking to build back up to the 7 miles I was running 3 to 4 times a week. That way I know I'm more than ok to pass. Should my application get the thumbs up haha. Cheers Adam

  15. james85
    Started by james85,

    Hey all How long did you was it after your day 2 did you hear something? Did you get an email? Sorry that was meant to say " did you wait"!! Lol

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.