Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Parnham911546621079
    Started by Parnham911546621079,

    Hi, Does anybody have any idea what happens in regards to accomodation for training? I am moving from East Yorkshire so I'm a tad bit stressed about the move anyway! Do we found out our posting when we get offered a start date for training? I feel totally lost in the recruitment process to be honest. I have tried contacting HR a few rimes regarding this with no luck, I know they are taking loads on. Any ideas?

  2. tobyf46
    Started by tobyf46,

    Got my email last night! Complete my CKP in a few weeks and in final stages of vetting so should all be done in time! Post below if you have also been given an offer for this intake

  3. narquatic
    Started by narquatic,

    hi guys 2 weeks ago I went for my day 2, with one of my ears my hearing is bad, it was something that I have been aware for years, but it has never affected my life till now. when I was having the hearing test the doctor said my hearing was bad, and he was giving me another chance, on the second chance I did do well. but they stated I will still need to see a specialist for further checks for my hearing. its very frustrating as I don't want to lose my chance to start working as an officer due to this reason. next week I have my appointment, I just want to ask has anyone had this type of issue and what could be the outcome and options? thanks

  4. Parnham911546621079
    Started by Parnham911546621079,

    Hi guys, Any of you lot got a date yet? I questioned HR and was told I was on for May which I'm told is the 25th. No formal offer yet though x

  5. grieveaj
    Started by grieveaj,

    Does anyone know how the overall mark for the SEARCH assessment is calculated? I achieved 57% for Working With Others, 100% for both Oral and Written Communication but my overall score was 59% I need an overall score of 60% for my chosen force, Avon & Somerset. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

  6. alex217
    Started by alex217,

    I'm from Melbourne, Australia, and I was wondering what it would be like to move to the Metropolitan Police after working for Victoria Police for a while. What would the biggest differences be? I'm sure there are endless answers, but is it a bad idea? (I have taken moving around the world to another country into account but that's all sorted.)

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 928 views
  7. Sir Penguin
  8. holder of equality
    Started by holder of equality,

    Hey guys, applied for met, borough prefs in west London region. Just wondering, I really want to learn Arabic and have found a college that does weekend classes on saturdays for roughly 3-4hrs each time. Can I manage being a probationer and taking part in these classes? Or should I just wait until my first 2 years is over? Thanks in advance!!

  9. Pauline Snedden
    Started by Pauline Snedden * ,

    Failed numbers paper today,does anyone know if the re sit is the same paper as your first attempt

  10. newby11546620625
    Started by newby11546620625,

    Hi Guys and gals, I will start this off by saying I've searched the forum and couldn't find the answer to what im looking for anywhere so if this is in the wrong place I apologise. Im doing an external ckp at my local college and have a start date with the met for march. Ive got my last exam for my ckp on Monday and im just wondering if anyone out there can give me some insight into how long it will be before I get the certificate or qualification in my hands? or some sort of confirmation that ive passed that the Met will accept as confirmation of a pass. Ive asked at my college and even they aren't sure so I thought I would try here. Any help is much appreciated. C…

  11. Parnham911546621079
    Started by Parnham911546621079,

    Hi guys, Just after some more info really. Day 1 passed in Aug Day 2 passed in Oct Vetting passed last week after been passed to them mid Nov. CKP final exam 21st Feb I'm curious when I will hear about the next stage. I contacted vetting last week and they told me this stage was complete. I'm moving from East Yorkshire and have my mortgage to sort out (signing over to my partner) so I need to sort digs out in London. I'm at a bit of a loss now. Do I just wait? I've emailed recruitment last week but I'm yet to hear back. Anybody else in the same boat? Thanks, Emily.

  12. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,
  13. Scott Lewis
    Started by Scott Lewis,

    Is anybody aware if the KEE exams are multiple choice or written answers? Many thanks in advance

  14. Alison101
    Started by Alison101,

    Just wondering if anyone has applied for the Police but was born outside the UK? I'm originally from Canada and have been asked to supply a Certificate of Good Conduct from Canada. I've passed my SET's, initial fitness test and first interview. However, in order to be invited to the Assessment Day - I need to provide the above certificate. I've had a look and it seems like such a long process in obtaining it. Just wondering if anyone else has had to provide one and what was their experience. Thank you in advance.

  15. MattJB1546621302
    Started by MattJB1546621302,

    Ladies & Gents, At the moment i am in the process of considering all my options. I'm trying to draw together a plan A, B & C for a 3 yr plan & 10 yr plan for my future movements. I've looked through recruitment criteria for a couple of different forces and there are simmilarities in regards to recruitment when members of the Armed Forces are brought into the question: "Resettlement periods for members of the services can be as much as 18 months. Therefore, police forces may want to consider this before accepting applications from service personnel, if they have more than 12 months before their discharge" Does this imply that consideration is only given to …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.