Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Cheezestring
    Started by Cheezestring,

    Can anyone tell me the structure of the initial training and scheduled leave during initial training with the met? Is it for example 12 weeks RLC 1 week hendon 1 week leave 4 weeks Borough 1 week leave thanks

    WhiskeyWhiskey99
  2. sitemplar
  3. AshB1989
    Started by AshB1989,

    Hey Guys! So I hope I ain't the only one being quiet over enthusiastic and hoping for this final letter to show its face soon. I had my final fitness and SMT on the 30th and we were told our results and letters would follow the next week...still nothing? I know a few others who sat the same day as me also haven't heard anything. How long did you all tend to wait for your final offer letter? I am due to finish up in my job on the 17th february lol

    • 0 replies
    • 352 views
  4. ludamick
    Started by ludamick,

    Do you think this means I've passed day 2 and vetting??? I've emailed them back but I would assume it's going to be a log wait for a reply! I'm registered to do in house training so it's a bit worrying... Dear Candidate, We are currently processing your PC application and we need to know when you are due to complete the CKP course in order to place you on the appropriate intake. Please respond by telling us the exact date you are to complete all aspects of the CKP (not particular modules or assessments). If you have not yet registered, please let us know this. IMPORTANT: Due to the large volume of emails we receive, please leave the subject heading as it is and resp…

  5. scragg29
  6. pcplodder1546621316
    Started by pcplodder1546621316,

    Hi, I have my date for my medical and fitness tests finally as well as my body armour fitting. Appyling for Cumbria, but i presume most forces will have similar medical exams. I just wondered whether anyone can tell me what exactly happens in the medical? I have been given an appointment with a nurse and then another appointment with a doctor. I understand I have to provide a urine sample but also have been told to wear suitable underwear and bring a robe/dressing gown! Just wondering what is going to happen to me? lol Also, what kind of clothes should I be wearing when I first attend? I have my medical first and then fitness later on in the afternoon.

  7. thom13O
    Started by thom13O +,

    Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum!! I had my initial interview for Police Scotland on Thursday past, and was told i would probably hear the result on the Friday. I have heard nothing since and was wondering what the usual time scale to wait until you hear back is? Thanks!!

    • 16 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. anyoneno
    Started by anyoneno * ,

    I am thinking of joining as police staff, how ever i have a few issues regarding what to write regarding the question that asks have you ever been arrested or investigated by police. As i have been but nothing came of it. Should i still put this? And the finance check for office staff is it exactly the same as police officer, ie iva and bankruptcy? Any help much appreciated

  9. turtletom
    Started by turtletom,

    I wonder if anyone could help me. I am a student officer coming up to the end of my probation. I am really enjoying it so far, even though I go home each day with my brain feeling like it has been blasted by sand. I am wanting to further my knowledge around PACE and procedures. I don't get chance at work as it is always busy and things never seem to sink in when I am reading stuff at work because of how busy it is. I know stuff changes all the time and was wondering if anyone could recommend any material that may help me. I am not wanting to go for my sgts exam yet as I am quite happy just being on the front line. I just want to be able to improve my knowledge on my…

  10. martyj
    Started by martyj,

    Does anyone know when or if the Met or Thames valley will lift the residency restrictions on recruitment?

  11. irishwarrior
    Started by irishwarrior,

    Can somebody explain the difference please or somewhere to read it? Its just not sticking in my head. Grrrr Any help would be great thanks. ?

  12. officer7161
    Started by officer7161,

    I am sent to Hendon soon for PC training. I've done the CKP but let's be honest, it's not the best training in the world is it... Is anyone else here going for training soon? does anyone else know what we have to know before Hendon? (and I mean actually HAVE to know so the student won't get a reg13) thank you

  13. Stephanie Convery
    Started by Stephanie Convery,

    Hi guys, I'm on the October intake and while I know we don't need boots for training, I'm facing a few skint months so want to get my boots while I have a bit of cash. No idea where to start to any recommendations welcome. I have size 8, slightly fat, slightly flat feet - attractive!

  14. Gerard30
    Started by Gerard30,

    Hi people, I'm going to be beginning the training process on jan 5th and having received my training schedule it looks pretty scary; so many assessments and the KEE exams. I'm just looking for anything anyone could provide in terms of how they have found it, how difficult or intense and just if anyone happens to know, overall, how many people fail to complete their training and passout? (Just a rough idea from their classes etc)

  15. Crown Servant
    Started by Crown Servant,

    I start training with the Metropolitan Police on the 26th January. My question is, will I be able/allowed to attend with a moustache? I know facial hair is allowed it's just that i'm still in the process of attempting to grow one, so as such it is still not exactly of commendable fullness and might not be considered a 'proper' moustache and instead I may be required to go clean shaven. I don't have a problem with going clean shaven but I really want to try and grow a moustache but it takes time for mine to develop. Thoughts?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.