Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mbe
    Started by mbe,

    Hi, joined this forum looking for a bit of advice, and hoping others have been in my current situation. I've been successful with my Police Scotland application, up to the medical stage, all went well but due to a past issue it has been deferred. I've not heard anything and it was two weeks ago now, i've spoken with recruitment who have advised that they are in the same position as me and have not yet received any word from Occupational Health. Just feel at a total loose end, everything was going so well and now it has just stopped and left me in limbo. Spoke with my Dr who advised that no one has been in contact with him re; medical issue. Can anyone help? Does …

  2. cruzcontrol
    Started by cruzcontrol,

    hi, did anyone start the internal CKP? how is it structured? do we need to pay for the internal CKP too? I tried doing a bit of research but have not found any information about how the internal ckp is structured. if anyone has any information to share it will be appreciated? thanks

  3. PCWannabe
    Started by PCWannabe,

    Hi, looking for a bit of advice... got a final interview in just under three weeks, hopefully will get through that, my only concern is then the fitness and medical. I am not too worried about the fitness, i.e. bleep test etc. I have been preparing for this since I submitted my application in November and i'm now able to run 20 minutes without stopping. I am however worried about the medical, in particular the BMI, I am overweight and have been dieting (following SW plan) but it is coming off very slowly and I worry that I will not shift the weight and get down to the maximum BMI before the medical. How long after the final interview have people been invited to the me…

  4. Parnham911546621079
    Started by Parnham911546621079,

    Hi Guys, Do references go out after you have a start date? I daren't tell my boss until I've got something in writing about a date. My work will just want to get rid asap! Please help. Thanks, Em.

  5. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Official guidance on tattoos states that you should not have any which could cause offence. Tattoos are not acceptable if they: undermine the dignity and authority of the office of constable are garish or numerous or particularly prominent could cause offence to members of the public or colleagues and/or invite provocation. This would include tattoos which are rude, lewd, crude, racist, sexist, sectarian, homophobic, violent or intimidating or tattoos which display unacceptable attitudes towards women, minority groups or any other section of the community, or alignment with particular groups which could give offence to members of the community. Attached, an exa…

      • Like
    • 134 replies
    • 36.5k views
  6. george1995
    Started by george1995,

    The guy who asked for my CKP confirmation and references has confirmed that he's got them and yet HR says that they are still outstanding? I'm not really sure who to chase up about this as the guy seems to be out of office, HELP!

  7. cop8
    Started by cop8,

    Has anyone of you ever joined a non-copper houseshare after vetting clearance/ starting training? How did you go about it? I assume we would have to update the Met re change in personal circumstances and new housemates will have to be vetted by the Met. Worst case my vetting clearence could be withdrawn. Seems all a bit complicated and risky. I think, realistically the only option is to share with other officers. Anything else seems unpredictable and complicated.

  8. Toby88

    Thought I'd start a post for February 2nd intake. Seems a few people doing assessment centres and final fitness etc could be on this intake so means we can have a chat without clogging up other topics.

  9. w9a9k9
    Started by w9a9k9,

    Hi everyone. What training centres are the Met using for PC intakes this year.? Is Richmond and West Brompton still being used? Thanks

  10. Pauline43
    Started by Pauline43 * ,

    Hi guys,received word for fitness and set test on the 18th February at Fettes avenue. Is anyone else heading there on this date ?

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 517 views
  11. Coop
    Started by Coop,

    Hi guys. I found out I failed vetting today and wanted some insight into the appeal process. See this: http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?/topic/53947-vetting-familys-convictions/ The dude on the phone told me that it was nothing I had done, which means it is in regards to my father's convictions and behaviour, as there is nothing else that would be an issue. He said I should be getting a letter in the post saying I've failed and that I can appeal by finding the forms online. I'm going to get started on them today. I know it's hard to say without knowing everything about the situation or the person, but what exactly do I need to mention in the appeal, and how lon…

  12. JHFM1989
    Started by JHFM1989 * ,

    Hi everyone, I suppose this is pretty self-explanatory, but I have recently failed the final interview for Kent police. Gutted is an understatement as I genuinely thought I had conducted myself well enough in the interview and believed to have ticked the right boxes. It seems I'll have to wait a number of weeks now to even receive feedback which is a shame. I'm now generally seeking advice on what I can do next, as I still really want to be successful in the future. I achieved 64% at the SEARCH assessment first time of asking and thought I could transfer scores to another police force. However, it seems the Met aren't recruiting from outside of London and the bordering…

    Captain11546082779
  13. Parnham911546621079
    Started by Parnham911546621079,

    Hi Guys, I've had an email saying I am considered for May/June intake!! So there obviously are more after March.

    Hughes1546081300
  14. robd94
    Started by robd94,

    Got my offer from the MET about a week ago for the 30th March after a very painful 10 month process. What is next though, In terms of training, coach patrol, post coach patrol? Would really appreciate any insight into what I should be expecting, any tips for pre-revision. Also I was told in my email that my hours would be 7am-3pm, 9am-5pm and 2pm-10pm, do you not have to do nights? Is it something you opt in for? Thanks in advance!

  15. PCWannabe
    Started by PCWannabe,

    Anyone heard back about the SEARCH assessment for Durham, was told that we'd find out results within 2 weeks of the last session, that being Friday 9th Jan, so expected to know something by Friday gone or even Saturday, still heard nothing as yet, no post at dinner time.... can't stand the waiting

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.