Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. JVet
    Started by JVet,

    I had written a long post but I'll just keep it short. If you're an applicant to a police force, watch what you say in public, you don't know who's listening.

    Future_officer
  2. nadiatunes
    Started by nadiatunes * ,

    Hi all! I just wanted to check something.. I have recently applied to go to one of the Police recruitment evenings as I am interested in this career path. I just wondered whether a driving conviction would affect my application? I was convicted of driving without due care and attention in July 2014 as a result of a collision with a cyclist where he was injured. I pleaded guilty and received no ban, five points and a fine that I have paid. This is the only incident I have ever had. Would this result in an immediate decline? Any help would be much appreciated :-) Thanks in advance :-)

    • 3 replies
    • 855 views
  3. Phenom
    Started by Phenom,

    Hi All, Im looking to join my local police force as a special constable and currently have my application being processed. My long term ambition is to join the police force as a regular. I've been doing some reading online in regards to the amount Police Constables get paid and have come across this table: Pay point With effect from 1 September 2010 With effect from April 2013 0 (a) £23,259 £19,000 1 ( £25,962 £21,000 2 £27,471 (a) £22,000 3 £29,148 £23,000 4 £30,066 £25,500 5 £3…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.7k views
  4. NickGraham
    Started by NickGraham * ,

    Hi there everyone! First of all I will introduce myself, my name is Nick Graham and I am looking to apply for Police Scotland as soon as I can, I used to be a Special Constable for Lothian & Borders Police from 2009-2012! Currently just now I am really out of shape so trying right now to sort that out before handing in my application and to maintain that fitness from then on :-) Alot has changed with overall recruitment process since I was a special so it all seems very daunting reading through all the posts with everyone being at different stages etc! I contacted recruitment regarding being a Special Constable previously and they didn't give much info to if i ha…

  5. pcplodder1546621316
    Started by pcplodder1546621316,

    anyone know what date pay day is each month? does it vary between forces?

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  6. OfficerG
    Started by OfficerG * ,
  7. notlongnow
    Started by notlongnow,

    hi folks, i am currently driving myself mad, my ctc and vetting forms are due to be checked but i have had a email to say they are locked. i certainly haven't locked any of these, has anyone else had this problem? and how do i unlocked them so they can be edited? Many thanks for any help folks

    • 3 replies
    • 491 views
  8. Johno4148
    Started by Johno4148,

    Thought I would put this up and when/if anyone gets any progress they can share it.....

  9. james85
    Started by james85,

    Hi my partner just received a car park penalty in my car... Do I have to declare this to vetting does anybody know??

    • 3 replies
    • 533 views
  10. musictomyears
    Started by musictomyears * ,

    Hi, Applications open next week and I know roughly what is expected in terms of the first stage,but wondered if anybody had any advice or information in where i could maybe practice the situational judgement test, as i've heard you need 80% to pass the first stage. Thanks :)

    • 0 replies
    • 339 views
    musictomyears *
  11. maccalen999
    Started by maccalen999 +,
  12. simon369
    Started by simon369,

    Hello, I was just wondering if anybody would be able to give me any advice regarding fitness levels and when to apply? I have just been out on my first run in about 10 years, I managed a 2 mile run in 20 minutes (wearing jeans and steel toe cap boots and with a dog trying to stop and sniff every few meters). So say currently with the correct clothing and minus the dog I could manage a 1.5 mile run in about 14/15 minutes. How long do you imagine I would need to get my 15 minutes down to under 12 minutes. I am fairly fit as I work as a grounds keeper at the moment, just not really done much running. I plan on doing a 2 mile run each evening to work on my stamina and g…

    Stuntman1546082842
  13. Josuz
    Started by Josuz,

    I know we are told 4 weeks but any idea if this is it or could it be longer

  14. w9a9k9
    Started by w9a9k9,

    Hi everyone. Looking for some advise really. The met police contacted my current employer for a reference. I was also copied into this email request, however since this request I have spoken to my manager who has told me he can't respond to this reference as he is govern by the local authorities reference policy. He has forwarded my reference to HR and I have met with HR today who also confirmed what my manager told me. Now the council HR have actioned the reference and sent it back to the met, but the council have their own reference template and will only answer very basic questions. Nothing like what the met are asking for. Does anyone know if the met will just …

  15. ludamick
    Started by ludamick,

    Hi there, I thought I'd start a bit of a poll to see how long vetting took for you. Mine started last week and I know its going to be quite a while but I wondered on average how long it took, just so that I can start thinking about chasing vetting up further down the line. Its going to be a loooooong wait!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.