Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Police21
    Started by Police21 * ,

    I speak to one of my references still and he confirmed that he did my reference 2 weeks ago. Although I've since learnt he has messed up on the dates and admits his mistake. He doesn't want to affect my application so would he need to ring up to correct them? I haven't done fitness and medical yet scheduled for next week?

    • 1 reply
    • 414 views
    B0SS1546621327
  2. Bruce
    Started by Bruce,

    Dear all MDP Officers, I am new to this site which so far seems like a great place to get info. I am a serving Home Office PC with 14 years service but like most I have had enough and will either leave for a new career or try something completely different like the MOD Police. I know the MDP website are not taking transfers at present but was told by HR they will again in the near future. Also, I was made aware by the MDP HR that the pension is different and that it is something that I should look into. Well, I did but the civil service people at the end of the phone didn't seem to know much themselves and called my situation unique. Surely they have dealt with other pol…

  3. tev32
    Started by tev32,

    I have completed my final fitness, medical and reference and awaiting my vetting to be completed. I was scheduled for the May 25th intake and was wondering if anyone else has heard back from the recruitment team and been accepted for this intake yet? Or if people are like me and waiting for the vetting to be completed too? Cheers Tev

  4. PERARDUA1546621327
    Started by PERARDUA1546621327 * ,

    I have often flirted with the idea of joining the Police. And always thought I didn't stand a chance due to my drink driving record which happened 11 years ago. So I will keep this short, in a nutshell.... I am aged 31, living in south wales, ex raf, have 4 driving convictions from when I was young and rather silly, have two small metal plates in my left hand. can anyone here tell me if any of these things will prohibit me from joining? Regards

  5. DrewM31
    Started by DrewM31,

    Hi all, I have a query regarding the BMI of new recruits, that being you need to be between the 18-30 bracket. I am 5'7 and around 14 stone. I used to play county rugby and have lifted weights from being 17. I train regularly, crossfit in particular around 3 times per week and although I am no athlete I am in pretty decent shape. Now the point of this is not to blow my own trumpet but to point out that my weight is mainly muscle mass. I am guessing I need to loose around 10lb to fall into the 18-30 bmi bracket and frankly this is not going to happen healthily as I would need to crash diet to achieve this weight. Is there any body builder types who have been through …

  6. jay25172875
    Started by jay25172875,

    Hi everyone, looking for a bit of advice I have just had my medical passed everything except my hearing test I got 120db loss in my left ear and the pass mark is 123db so passed, however the forces medical adviser was concerned wether i would have a full career as a police officer i was told i needed to make an appointment to see the ear, throat and mouth doctor to get a prediction of how age related hearing loss would impact me on top of my current hearing loss. Has anyone ever taken the hearing test wearing a hearing aid of has anyone ever joined the police while having to wear a hearing aid through out there career. This is my dream job and just looking for a bit of …

    operationfirestorm
  7. rjc0r3y
    Started by rjc0r3y,

    I have been planning to apply to the Police for a few months now. For various work reasons (discharge of a standard training contract) I cannot leave my current job until 01/10/15 at the earliest. I have just found out that my wife is pregnant. I'm obviously over the moon. She is due in December. Now worried that this will affect my chances of appointment, especially since I might need a week off in the middle of my 12 weeks at Tulliallan. Really keen to join and don't want to hold off on applying til after the baby is born etc. Has anyone else been through similar? Any help appreciated as always. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. mbe
    Started by mbe,

    Hi, I recently went through the full recruitment process for Police Scotland and unfortunately failed at my medical due to an old condition. Been advised that I can re-apply after 6 months however is this 6 months since the medical date, or 6 months from my initial application? It would obviously make quite a bit difference in timescales if it was the latter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

  9. Gentleman Jim
    Started by Gentleman Jim,

    This article in today's Daily Mirror is frightening for the future of policing in this country. Revenge for Andrew Mitchell perhaps ? http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hundreds-police-officers-sign-open-5562385

  10. KnightRider_MC
  11. PCWannabe
    Started by PCWannabe,

    Hi Guys Can anyone tell me if you get three attempts to do the fitness test for the specials as you do for the regulars, taken my finger off the pulse a little but now starting to panic , anyone know??

    Reasonable Man +
  12. Josh7
    Started by Josh7,

    Hi all, I received an email today from the HR.postselection email stating that my forms had been received and they have been checked over and everything seems good. I will receive an email once they have been sent over to vetting. Can anyone help or give me an idea as to how long before its even sent over to vetting?

  13. itsme
    Started by itsme,
    MajorDisaster +
  14. Newbie
    Sir Penguin
  15. Johno4148
    Started by Johno4148,

    Hello all, I did my day two in Decemer last year and Iam waiting to be passed to Vetting for it to begin..... Anyone else out there in a similar position to me???? Morale support appreciated haha!!!

    chicken nugget

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.