Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. pc_nick
    Started by pc_nick,

    Hi, I was hoping someone could offer me some advise. Are there any PC's with attention deficit disorder out there? If so, what reasonable adjustments have been made by your force to help you? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 536 views
  2. mrriggers26
    Started by mrriggers26,

    Hi everyone, Is anyone else on the April Intake at Tulliallan? I'm really excited to start just awaiting my information pack from Jackton.

  3. Crown Servant
    Started by Crown Servant,

    Hello all. I was just wondering if I can wear my tunic to Magistrates and Crown Court or must I absolutely wear my patrol uniform and PPE as suggested by the previous Lord Chief Justice? I know you wear the tunic to Coroner's Court.

  4. f40spider
    Started by f40spider,

    I took part and passed the SEARCH assessment centre with the Met Police in May 2014. Does anybody know an email or number so that I can try to obtain a copy of my results for the day. Thanks!

  5. KieranJones

    Hello, I am currently in the vetting process in becoming a Police support Volunteer, I was just wondering When I go to Join the police fore later on will I have to go through vetting again.

  6. KatyB2
    Started by KatyB2,

    Hello, Wondering who else is all on this intake and how everyone is doing with purchasing/packing/bulling? Starting to get really close now! How's everyone feeling? :) Katy

    Fingerscrossed1546620627
  7. Pete D
    Started by Pete D,
  8. carrickglen
    Started by carrickglen,

    Have my assessment centre on may 6th the only info I have received is an invitation email stating that there will be a further interview with the list of competencies and group assessments can anyone give me any info on what these consist of

    • 10 replies
    • 2k views
  9. cdean931546082824
    Started by cdean931546082824,

    Just a quick question regarding the salary for a PC, particularly those who have made the transition from SC to PC or anyone going through the process at the minute who haa obtained details about their pay. Basically, if you have experience as a special does anyone know if you qualify for a increased starting salary to those who have no policing experience? If so, does anybody know what the criteria is to qualify for it i.e is it based on length of service, hours comitted, independent status etc.?

  10. MrSheen
    Started by MrSheen * ,

    Hello, I'm interested in becoming a police officer but feel as if my fate has already been decided without my say. I have been reading up on the vetting process and think I'm screwed. My father and brother both have criminal convictions (as follows). Father: Drug possession with intent to distribute Driving without insurance/licence (I don't know of other offences) Brother: Drug possession Driving without insurance/licence Driving a stolen vehicle Reckless driving Shoplifting Resisting arrest Breaching terms of curfew Fraud Possession of stolen goods (I don't know of other offences) My Mother also suffers from a series of mental illnesses. Am I just out o…

  11. Future0fficer1545926288
    Started by Future0fficer1545926288,

    I have recently received a email informing me that I have passed to the day one stage of the application process for the Met, does anyone have any idea how long it will take them to send me a date or send over the resources for the day. Also any tips or help that anyone is willing to give would be much appreciated. Moreover I am 18 so will this be a disadvantage for me. Thanks in advance.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.9k views
    Future0fficer1545926288
  12. Steve1983
    Started by Steve1983 * ,

    Hi all, I had a moment of madness just before Christmas where I had a row with my girlfriend in a restaurant (after a few beers), stormed out and slammed the door breaking the glass. I was arrested and accepted a conditional caution. I have paid for the damage in full and wrote a letter of apology to the restaurant owner. I was going through a tough time personally, I'd found out my girlfriend was having an affair and my mum was being treated for cancer. In other background this offence was totally out of character - never had so much as a speeding ticket. I also used to work as a solicitor and have a law degree. How would people rate my chances of being accepted with…

  13. Parnham911546621079
    Started by Parnham911546621079,

    Hi guys, Has anybody external received an offer yet? I applied March 2014. Passed day 1- July 14 Passed day 2- Sept 14 Vetting- Nov ish 14 CKP- completed. Let me know... I'm losing my mind :-)

    Parnham911546621079
  14. Lampy
    Started by Lampy,
  15. Scott PC
    Started by Scott PC,

    Hi, Hopefully this link will help some people save money. :) http://www.aloscotland.com/alo/viewresource.htm?id=1160 Scott

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.