Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. 3rdtimelucky
    Started by 3rdtimelucky,

    Has anyone else been offered May 26th training date? Thought i'd start a new topic so we can update each other in the process over the coming weeks :-)

  2. f40spider1
    Started by f40spider1,

    Hey people. Just seen Hertfordshire Constabulary are advertising recruitment sessions at their HQ giving prospective candidates tips etc for the process. Does this mean they'll be looking to open up recruitment any time soon do you think.

    • 2 replies
    • 321 views
    znra2511546080955
  3. rjc0r3y
    Started by rjc0r3y,

    I have been planning to apply to the Police for a few months now. For various work reasons (discharge of a standard training contract) I cannot leave my current job until 01/10/15 at the earliest. I have just found out that my wife is pregnant. I'm obviously over the moon. She is due in December. Now worried that this will affect my chances of appointment, especially since I might need a week off in the middle of my 12 weeks at Tulliallan. Really keen to join and don't want to hold off on applying til after the baby is born etc. Has anyone else been through similar? Any help appreciated as always. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    WhiskeyWhiskey99
  4. MajorDisaster
    Started by MajorDisaster +,
  5. adam47
    Started by adam47,

    Hey all I have been invited to a phone interview with the West Midlands, I was wondering whether anyone knows much about the questions asked? I haven't been able to find much information about the phone interviews, only the SEARCH interview. Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 357 views
  6. Coop
    Started by Coop,

    So I received my start date last week for the end of May, and it says to wear business wear to training. First off I'm female, though wouldn't wear a skirt due to practicality, but was wanted some advice/experience from those who are in training / have completed it. Black or white shirts? Black or grey pant suits? Blazer? I find white shirts are complicated as a woman, due to bra showing through and having to wear an additional top underneath. Therefore I only really own black shirts (plus being a bartender and working with kids meant black was more practical). Of course, I'm not saying I won't wear white, just wondering what is typically more acceptable? Thank yo…

  7. f40spider
    Started by f40spider,

    Hi peoples, I know the Met have done their big recruitment campaign and all but I have just registered my interest on their website for future campaigns. Says they will probably open up in late 2015/2016. Anyone else heard this? Also does the SEARCH assessment score if taken with the Met at ESB last for 2 years if passed, so hypothetically if someone were to apply before the 2 year mark were up they'd potentilly go straight to a day 2. muchos gracias

  8. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,
  9. TheFlomeister
    Started by TheFlomeister +,
  10. PoliceUK1546621321
    Started by PoliceUK1546621321,

    Hi everyone I was wondering what must you do to request your application to be transferred to another force whilst still in the recruitment process? Thank you.

  11. chicken nugget
    Started by chicken nugget,

    Hello all, Just like a number of people on this forum I have spent the lat 9 months going through the Met's recruitment process. Its been frustrating, tedious and mysterious... but ultimately its been shrouded in secrecy and I've waited patiently in the dark. At the time of writing this I'm in a similar position of waiting for an application to be handed over to vetting; I completed my day 2 at the start of February, from what I've seen there are a number who have been waiting longer than I have. I can confidently say no organisation has showed such a low level of respect for its applicants that the Met have done; the repetitive corporate emails, the absence of a phone …

  12. clubs1975
    Started by clubs1975,

    I filled in my pre joining medical paperwork last week and got a call from the force nurse today. My BMI is just over I need to lose 4kg to get an acceptable level. The nurse has deferred me for 3 months even though I told her I could lose that in about 2 weeks. I didn't know BMI was taken into account for joining and I have not made any attempts to lose weight. I can easily run 10 miles and work out in the gym at least 4 times a week. I am going to slim down now as I am determined to join but will probably lose some strength. I am just gutted I could of avoided this if I knew the rules and a bit miffed the nurse has made this call without seeing me in person.

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Norbi
    Started by Norbi,

    Hi Guys, Anyone else, got a phone call today for 18 May intake ... :) Probably will be small number of us, as the main intake is 25 May YUPI Norbi

    • 2 replies
    • 368 views
  14. ICEBERG1
    Started by ICEBERG1,

    Just thought id set this up for those that have passed the AC and have their medical / uniform fitting soon..

    • 0 replies
    • 619 views
  15. emma6564
    Started by emma6564,

    Hi does anyone have these for sale please?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.